M

MootLife

Oct 14, 2020
I have a 40cuft tank of compressed nitrogen and wanted to use this basic mask instead of a bag over my head, and was wondering if the flow of nitrogen would be enough to get the job done. I do not like the idea of a bag over my head and am hoping this will do it. I've looked everywhere for an answer to this, but can't seem to find a clear one.

I have already given away all my possessions and money so I can't afford a scuba diving rebreather to hook it up to. Does anyone know if this will do? I may be ok putting a double bagged oven bag over my head in addition, but wanted to avoid the need to tightly seal it around my neck...

Please advise.

IMG 2028

Attachments

• IMG_2029.jpg
    IMG_2029.jpg
    720.8 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
TripleA

TripleA

life is a struggle you cannot win
Sep 25, 2020
I have a 40cuft tank of compressed nitrogen and wanted to use this basic mask instead of a bag over my head, and was wondering if the flow of nitrogen would be enough to get the job done. I do not like the idea of a bag over my head and am hoping this will do it. I've looked everywhere for an answer to this, but can't seem to find a clear one.

I have already given away all my possessions and money so I can't afford a scuba diving rebreather to hook it up to. Does anyone know if this will do? I may be ok putting a double bagged oven bag over my head in addition, but wanted to avoid the need to tightly seal it around my neck...

Please advise.

View attachment 47707
Exit bag is better. When you planing to CTB?

Reactions: enuff
TripleA

TripleA

Sep 25, 2020
I know it is "better" but I really really want to avoid the bag if at all possible....
Idk but you must try with mask by the way when you planing to CTB?

M

MootLife

Oct 14, 2020
Idk but you must try with mask by the way when you planing to CTB?

Tonight. This is the last thing I am trying to get a clear answer to before I do. I am hoping someone here knows of someone that used this combination and succeeded. The last thing I want to happen is for me to be brain dead and have my family need to deal with THAT on top of the burden I already am.

TripleA

TripleA

Sep 25, 2020
Idk but mask doesnt sound good like exit bag

Reactions: Meditation guide
M

MootLife

Oct 14, 2020
Idk but mask doesnt sound good like exit bag

That's just it, the bag doesn't sound good at all to me.... I've tried twice already and panicked... tried just opening a tank in the cabin of my truck as well.... but want the nitrogen gas to knock me out quickly so I do not have time to bail. Those two attempts were last month, and I have spent the time since really pushing the limits of fear (driving faster, drinking way too much, etc.) so that I can overcome the physiological fight my body puts up.... I can't do another weekend.... I just want this to end... so please, if anyone knows of this combo, or this combo plus some adjustments like taping up the vents on the side or something to minimize oxygen please let me know.

Reactions: TripleA
K

Kruger

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
That's just it, the bag doesn't sound good at all to me.... I've tried twice already and panicked... tried just opening a tank in the cabin of my truck as well.... but want the nitrogen gas to knock me out quickly so I do not have time to bail. Those two attempts were last month, and I have spent the time since really pushing the limits of fear (driving faster, drinking way too much, etc.) so that I can overcome the physiological fight my body puts up.... I can't do another weekend.... I just want this to end... so please, if anyone knows of this combo, or this combo plus some adjustments like taping up the vents on the side or something to minimize oxygen please let me know.
I feel the same about a bag over the head. I researched the nitrogen method over recent weeks, my problem is I over think and over research. Read some accounts of people who failed with bags and masks. Apparently they ripped off/ removed things while unconscious and then woke up later. Sorry I'm not being particulalry helpful but what I want to say this this: don't rush into a half baked plan, especially if - like me - your greatest fear is surviving with brain damage. You've com ethis far - youve got the tank. Dpn't screw it up now. Just be sure that your plan is going to work. Rather take another week to research and be sure you'll get the outcime you want. Could you not get the scuba gear on a credit card ?

M

MootLife

Oct 14, 2020
I feel the same about a bag over the head. I researched the nitrogen method over recent weeks, my problem is I over think and over research. Read some accounts of people who failed with bags and masks. Apparently they ripped off/ removed things while unconscious and then woke up later. Sorry I'm not being particulalry helpful but what I want to say this this: don't rush into a half baked plan, especially if - like me - your greatest fear is surviving with brain damage. You've com ethis far - youve got the tank. Dpn't screw it up now. Just be sure that your plan is going to work. Rather take another week to research and be sure you'll get the outcime you want. Could you not get the scuba gear on a credit card ?

I am very much the same. I have researched every minute detail and have also come across the failed attempts. I am countering (hopefully) the unconscious removal of the mask with additional straps to keep it in place, have taped up the vents on the nose and will be taking 4 Xanax and waiting until I am super sleepy ~

E

enuff

had enuff
Sep 10, 2020
:( I guess no one knows.
that's the wrong mask @MootLife. check out this blog => nitrogenexit.blogspot.com you need a NRB mask, that has one-way valves that let CO2 out. that mask in your pic is not a NRB. I got one from amazon, but it don't fit really tight. air escapes and blows into my eyes, even with the one-way valves. so if air gets out it might also get in, and that could cause a failed attempt, possibly with unfortunate side-effects. so you want use an oven bag with a draw-string, then you won't need the mask. but please practice your method, and figure out if the mask has a tight fit or use a oven bag.
be careful, good luck, and practice before you make a bad mistake.
peace.

Reactions: justamortal and Kruger
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
You are placing yourself at risk for severe lung trauma. If you tape the holes, there is little room for the exhaled gases to exit. If you don't, you are nearly guaranteeing a failure or prolonged death, as air will mix with the gas.

You say no one knows, but this is incorrect. You just don't like the answers given. Use a bag, use a scuba regulator, or find a new method. With a bag, you will be conscious for usually less than 10, or at most 20, seconds. The issue is not the bag - the issue is anxiety over ctb.

Reactions: justamortal and WearyOfStruggling
P

punitssaraf

Jun 29, 2020
I read this one case somewhere where a person got inside a plastic body bag of some sort with an entire tank of Nitrogen. He supposedly released the N out and passed out within a minute and died. Just got to make sure the plastic bag/body bag whatever you call it is air tight and of good quality, also ensure one doesn't release too much N just enough to inhale some cause too much N can burst the lungs.

B

BeBraveBrother

Student
Sep 5, 2020

Please advise.

View attachment 47707
Not the biggest expert when it comes to physics and chemistry - I am just wondering if the little wholes will be enough to let the CO2 which you might be still exhaling during the first breath(s) might be stuck in the mask and be rebreathed and cause the unwanted feeling of suffucation or alarm. It's important to have the Co2 fully removed. But as far as I have seen from the medical reports of two cases (one helium and one nitrogen) those two had similiar mask(? ) in addition to the bag?. The bag should be saved to remain on the head anyway as without the bag but wholes in the mask oxygen level might rise again and lead to a failed attempt with damages depenend on the time the bag would be gone/ the oxygen level has risen. Again not a phyisics and chemistry expert here, but this are my thought around it. Better to to be on the "safe side" and secure the bag somehow from falling away. I am on low income as well and have to rely on minimal supplies using the nitrogen method. So we're in the same situation I think.

K

Kruger

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
check out this excellent guide another user posted

Attachments

• N2 tutorial.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 49
Reactions: 140339
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Apparently they ripped off/ removed things while unconscious and then woke up later.
Is there any reason they wouldnt remove the mask? One needs a person to prevent this.

K

Kruger

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
No idea, i guess we may thrash around while unconscious the same way some people do with hanging?