Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
The 2nd and final US Presidential debate is this tuesday (9/10) at 9pm eastern. This will be the only debate between Kamala Harris and Donald Trump. The polls right now in all 7 swing states are all tied within the margin of error, and early voting has already begun or will begin for most states sometime in the next 4 weeks, meaning this one 90 minute debate could determine the outcome of the entire election.

I unfortunately can't watch it live but I'll be watching it wednesday morning. @noname223 @DarkRange55 +anyone else I'd be interested in knowing your opinions on it before and afer.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
The 2nd and final US Presidential debate is this tuesday (9/10) at 9pm eastern. This will be the only debate between Kamala Harris and Donald Trump. The polls right now in all 7 swing states are all tied within the margin of error, and early voting has already begun or will begin for most states sometime in the next 4 weeks, meaning this one 90 minute debate could determine the outcome of the entire election.

I unfortunately can't watch it live but I'll be watching it wednesday morning. @noname223 @DarkRange55 +anyone else I'd be interested in knowing your opinions on it before and afer.

I am also excited about the debate. But as you I won't be able to watch it live. It would be 4 a.m. where I live.
The empirical evidence says that these debates don't have a significant impact on the outcome of the elections. The media pretends as if this would not be the case probably to squeeze more money out of the spectacle.

Reactions: Blurry_Buildings
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
  • Yay!
Reactions: divinemistress36, Blurry_Buildings and Ariii
Plentiful_Despair

Plentiful_Despair

Experienced
Aug 23, 2024
I hope he's actually senile enough to forget his language and insult her, that will be hilarious to watch on live tv. Either way it will be interesting, because US politics is clownworld. And before anyone is triggered, I talk about both. I hate both

Reactions: divinemistress36
Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
Just finished watching it. I felt it was very interesting how Trump's demeanor changed between the first and second debates. He deliberately tried to tone down the rhetoric the first debate to let Biden fall over himself, but wasn't able to do the same with Harris attacking him on his record.

There were moments where he had clearly been thrown off and started fumbling by aggressively bringing up brief half sentence anecdotes way too quickly and jumping back and fourth between some of these vague points instead of taking the time to clearly make an argument. He probably easily got in one and a half the amount of words Harris did, but the substance wasn't there. He also let himself be dragged into defending his own character and attacking Harris', without taking the time to discuss his own stances on the actual issues, like he had in the first debate. Harris would briefly brush off an accusation from trump, spend time reiterating her position, and then attack his record. Trump would spend his whole time defending himself and then attacking her, which I think was a bad look.

He let her get under his skin and paid the price for it. I personally will vote for Harris, but I am still convinced that Trump will win, despite what is currently being said in the media and most of the polls. If it goes the way the I think it will, I'm sure people will remember this as the election that could've been won by the DNC if Biden hadn't sought re-election. Who knows though..

Reactions: avoid and noname223
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
  • Yay!
Reactions: divinemistress36, avoid and Blurry_Buildings