• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

ThatStateOfMind

Paragon
Nov 13, 2021
I mentioned in a previous post that I've got a summer job and I guess I'll give an update on that now.

I hated day 1, but I actually enjoyed today, day 2. I do feel exhausted and like I have very little free time, but I know I'll adapt and I know this is short term, only for the summer. I might also just resign early august even though my school starts mid-august just so I can prepare and start doing stuff for the University I will transfer to (primarily financial aid stuff). So far, I've worked ~10 hours, and I just know this weekend will be exhausting. Holiday weekend, meaning I'll work Saturday, Sunday, and Monday 12 hours which I know will be tiring. At least the paycheck will be nice, and I do enjoy spending time outside, though pesky bugs have been biting me all over.

The job has it's pros and cons, as does every job, but maybe this wont be an awful gig for the few months I'll have it. At least I'll feel grateful for future jobs which SHOULD be in an office given my field of study. My next job will be on a university campus, so probably no more than 20 hours there on top of school work, maybe less if I have a choice. Then I'll look for an internship. I feel like I've got everything somewhat mapped out in my head, though we'll see how everything plays out!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: mi_ba_, Praestat_Mori, Lonelyhotcake and 7 others