• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

Tyuiop

Student
Nov 25, 2018
Does anyone know of any unusual methods, supplements, medications, etc.?
I once got crazy buying supplements from iherb and tried the following:
5-htp - just gave me bad nightmares
Tyrosine - did nothing, at least there was no improvement in mood
I also took mdma especially for the purpose of helping my depression, it made me feel better for some months when i took it regularly but that might have been mania.

Just want to know what crazy things others have tried.

EDIT: I also took piracetam for a year, it worked somehow like a stimulant. But now I'm sort of bipolar and afraid of becoming manic on it. Not really an unusual method in my country, but might be in some others.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redt2go, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Angst Filled Fuck Up and 3 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
You could try CBD oil, I'm not saying it helps for definite but many people have reported positive effects.

Reactions: Redt2go, ririka, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
T

Tyuiop

Student
Nov 25, 2018
You could try CBD oil, I'm not saying it helps for definite but many people have reported positive effects.
I think it's not legal in my country :(
Edit: It is legal! I will probably try it out, if it's not too expensive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redt2go, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Johnnythefox and 2 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
St John's wort is a common supplement for depression and valerian can help with sleep, I've used valerian in the past.

Reactions: Redt2go, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Aesthler and 3 others
A

Armadillo

Experienced
Oct 24, 2018
It all depends on what can you get.
Some people respond better to some class of antidepressants than others, it is all about finding what works best for you.
Ketamine and microdosing psychedelics seem to be really effective and with few side effects.
Racetams are also a really safe class of drugs, but I don't know if they are really effective at treating depression.
Stimulants work for some people (amphetamines and methylphenidate for example), but they can be addictive and have a bad comedown (good experiences with them but can't talk about long-term use).
SAM-e is, according to some studies, as effective as triciclic antidepressants, with few side effects and you can buy it legally online in some countries (it didn't do shit for me but it's worth a try).
Tianeptine: it should be a legal research chemical in some countries, it is structurally a triciclic AD but has an unusual mechanism of action.
Various herbal supplements like CBD oil, St John's worth, Kratom etc.
And then there's the usual stuff that psychiatrist prescribe: SSRIs, SNRIs, Bupropion, Vortioxetine, Mirtazapine, atypical antipsychotics, mood stabilizers, triciclics, MAOIs etc.

Ps: be careful, some drug interactions can be dangerous.
Pps: don't dose regularly MDMA, it's neurotoxic, it's gonna make your depression worse in the long run.

Reactions: Redt2go, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Bluedew and 2 others
Niko

Niko

Student
Oct 4, 2018
Cold Showers can provide a temporary relief from depression. I won't say it'll change your life but If you can force yourself to jump in it works pretty well as an ignition for the rest of your day.

Reactions: Redt2go, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Bluedew and 2 others
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Suicide is an unusual depression recovery method, I think.

Reactions: Redt2go, Sinbad and NumbItAll
T

TooLate2582

Experienced
May 6, 2018
Psilocybin Mushrooms in low doses are supposed to work?

Reactions: Redt2go, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, TiredHorse and 2 others
A

Armadillo

Experienced
Oct 24, 2018
Psilocybin Mushrooms in low doses are supposed to work?

It's definetly worth a try if you can get them.
Look for a microdosing schedule and stick to it.
Psychedelics seem to have a great potential in treating depression, anxiety and addiction.

Reactions: Redt2go, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Tyuiop and 1 other person
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
For me it's walks. Important note: no headphones. Smoking is allowed, but don't overdo it.
I've found me a great route - a nice, straight, long as hell street. Completing one way takes roughly two and a half hours. I've completed a full two way round of this street only three (I think, maybe four) times so far. I was heavily distressed, but after this walk I returned to neutral mood. Not happy-jumpy rainbow shitting kind of result, but better than the alternative.

Another form is rolling cigarettes. Once a week I will buy four packs of yellow Bali shag, six packs of filters and ten packs of paper. I put the tobacco in a blender to turn it nice and shredded, empty the six packs of filters into a container, grab my rolling device and take the whole thing outside. Now, here headphones are QUITE welcome, seeing as birds piss me off on impressive levels. Roughly six hours later I return with about 530 cigarettes. I'm trying to keep myself at 36 a day. Usually smoke like 20-25, but I keep the leftovers for weekends as there is no job to keep me in check then. This is more like meditation - I turn into a sleepy, but content zombie. Again, not batshit happy, but a few ticks above dealing with an exestential crisis and trying to not break down.

Job in general keeps me in content-zombie-mode most days, so that's my plan for work days. TBF, I work in a warehouse, so no dealing with clients.

Reactions: Redt2go, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Tyuiop and 1 other person
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
I had really good results with microdosing mushrooms. Then I built up a tolerance and they stopped working --but I have that problem with all drugs, and you might have a better time than I did.

Reactions: Redt2go, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lra888 and 1 other person
Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
I'm getting interested in the gut brain connection .

I think theres some truth to the gut bacteria influencing our moods .

Reactions: Redt2go, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and agreement
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Planning and fantasizing about my inevitable demise. It sounds rather paradoxical, but I find myself less depressed and a bit happier when planning on how I would go out, obtaining my method, and even when/where it will occur. I almost have my method and will likely have it sometime next week (earliest if all goes to plan).

Reactions: Redt2go, ririka, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
Does anyone know of any unusual methods, supplements, medications, etc.?
I once got crazy buying supplements from iherb and tried the following:
5-htp - just gave me bad nightmares
Tyrosine - did nothing, at least there was no improvement in mood
I also took mdma especially for the purpose of helping my depression, it made me feel better for some months when i took it regularly but that might have been mania.

Just want to know what crazy things others have tried.

EDIT: I also took piracetam for a year, it worked somehow like a stimulant. But now I'm sort of bipolar and afraid of becoming manic on it. Not really an unusual method in my country, but might be in some others.

Ooooh, I've always wanted to try MDMA. I have heard that fish oil supplements are good for depression. I'm so curious about what country you're from. I was curious about your country of origin, so I Googled Piracetam. I wonder if you're from the UK. I read that it's prescribed there for involuntary muscle spasms. Hope you can find the meds you need. I applaud you for advocating for yourself and trying different things instead of just giving up on everything (like moi). Did MDMA make you lose weight?

Reactions: Redt2go and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Aesthler

Aesthler

Death is the only God who comes when you call
Sep 25, 2018
Supposedly mindful meditation helps others. I wanna start but I gotta get one of those pillows for my spine alignment.

Reactions: Redt2go, stellabelle, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
You could do it while lying down... :)

Reactions: Redt2go, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Aesthler
Aesthler

Aesthler

Death is the only God who comes when you call
Sep 25, 2018
Reactions: Redt2go, stellabelle and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals