Tikialia

Tikialia

I became the person I swore I'd never become
May 7, 2023
Yay, my first post... Apologies for any typos or mistakes. I haven't posted on many forums before, especially about topics like those.

Anyway I've been here for a while, my purpose was -- and still is, to get better. Recently though I've been in kind of a dark place lately, bottling up my feelings, rotting in bed and all that. I have no problem with ctbing since I've got everything available here but I just don't want to do it in the end.

Onto the point now, since I'm very indecisive, I want to ask whether it's worth reaching out for help? I mean of course it is but I'm quite anxious of actually doing it.
I've got great online friends, supportive parents and family. My mom seems to be slightly worried about me so I think she would understand if I told her. I still live with my parents so I can't really hide my mental state that well any longer.

To anyone who ever got help or talked to someone about their problems, did it help in the long run?

• Hugs
Reactions: AriasRed, Praestat_Mori, chloramine and 3 others
mekurin

mekurin

Heading for something better than this
Jul 9, 2023
I am literally in the same situation đź’€
I just told my mum that I have terrible anxiety issues and omitted the fact I want to ctb so it's true but not the full truth. So this is the first time I am going therapy I can't tell you much but from what I read it's great if you find the right therapist. If you want to talk to me as I go through the process (I am in the UK so if you aren't it might be different) you can PM me. Otherwise hopefully someone will comment soon some good insight into therapy.

• Hugs
Reactions: AriasRed, chloramine and Tikialia
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
try meds if you haven't. I avoided them for years and wasted years of my life. The meds for me are better than without them.

Reactions: AriasRed and Tikialia
FadingSunshine

FadingSunshine

Nothing lasts forever.
Jul 8, 2023
I told my parents about how I was feeling, felt such a weight off my back. Neither therapy nor meds really did much for me, but just having other people in the fight for my health helped me find the root causes and I feel way better than I did a year ago. If your parents are like mine, they'll only want to help you with your struggles, so there is no downside to reaching out to them.

• Hugs
Reactions: AriasRed, Tikialia, fiftyfiftyclown and 1 other person
C

chloramine

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2022
If you trust the people in your life then reaching out can make things better. They can help you access resources or just be a support. It does give anybody you tell a lot of power, so if you don't trust the people you're telling listen to you, act rationally and be safe then I would avoid it.

I can't tell you whether it would be a good idea for you in particular because I don't know the people in your life. You sound like you trust them. If you do I'd recommend starting with one person and seeing how that goes. Therapy can also be helpful for some people.

• Love
Reactions: Tikialia
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I will break it down to the core point. The crucial part is that either you know already what's the reason, the root, the cause, the triggers of your mental problems or you have hope that a doc / therapist can find those. Unless you know this there is no particular treatment for it as it's trial and error.

Regarding meds, it's the same, in most cases it's trial and error with sometimes horrible side effects unless you know the triggers, reasons for your mental problems and there is a specific medicine for exactly that.

Reaching out is always a good idea when someone is seeking help and has hope, no doubt. But there are risks in the complex field of mental stuff, up to the risk of seeing a psych ward from the inside.

This is my personal opinion. Whatever you decide I hope you can find your way to recover should this be your true desire!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tikialia