veryyred

veryyred

Apr 29, 2023
Looking for some advice again because I'm honestly lost as to what to do. I'm at 3 months working now and I don't know if I want to continue. I still have another 3 months left for my contract to end but I dont know if I can wait that long. Everyday I get panic and anxiety attacks. Crying before going to work and at work, and it has made my family worried about me. Im grateful for the job but its affecting me so much mentally and now physically, to the point that I want to ctb... but also feels like its a waste to give up now. Im not sure what to do anymore and I want to run away. Sorry for the rant, but thank you for taking the time to read.

• Hugs
Reactions: Remeer, Sannti, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
day

day

Global Mod
Jun 24, 2023
I feel you on the anxiety and panic, congrats for making it 3 months! That's actually really huge despite you thinking it may just be trivial. Have you tried medication? I was on benzodiazepines and I know people have their feelings about them but it genuinely helped me with panic…

If you feel you should take a break then by all mean do what you feel needs to be done. I'd try pushing it a little more and keep tweaking small things and seeing what does and doesn't help you.

Hope you feel better OP I am proud of you for being as strong as you have been.

• Love
Reactions: veryyred and throwaway280948
throwaway280948

throwaway280948

My pms are always open :)
Jun 26, 2023
Looking for some advice again because I'm honestly lost as to what to do. I'm at 3 months working now and I don't know if I want to continue. I still have another 3 months left for my contract to end but I dont know if I can wait that long. Everyday I get panic and anxiety attacks. Crying before going to work and at work, and it has made my family worried about me. Im grateful for the job but its affecting me so much mentally and now physically, to the point that I want to ctb... but also feels like its a waste to give up now. Im not sure what to do anymore and I want to run away. Sorry for the rant, but thank you for taking the time to read.
Hey man I understand. I also had a job I hated and would continuously have anxiety attacks and not be able to function at work. I know its cliche to say but finding a way to cope with these feelings really does help. It just takes time, practice and persistence if you are willing to actually want to change your way of life and whatever else is going on. If you want more info or just someone to talk to my messages are always open. I hope you find your inner peace :) -MQ

veryyred

veryyred

Apr 29, 2023
I feel you on the anxiety and panic, congrats for making it 3 months! That's actually really huge despite you thinking it may just be trivial. Have you tried medication? I was on benzodiazepines and I know people have their feelings about them but it genuinely helped me with panic…

If you feel you should take a break then by all mean do what you feel needs to be done. I'd try pushing it a little more and keep tweaking small things and seeing what does and doesn't help you.

Hope you feel better OP I am proud of you for being as strong as you have been.
Thank you for the advice. I'm considering medication but sadly can't due to financial problems.

A break would be nice but my line of work doesnt allow much for breaks ; - ; ) due to being understaffed it's hard to request breaks.

Thank you, honestly dont know how I survived 3 months ;;;
Hey man I understand. I also had a job I hated and would continuously have anxiety attacks and not be able to function at work. I know its cliche to say but finding a way to cope with these feelings really does help. It just takes time, practice and persistence if you are willing to actually want to change your way of life and whatever else is going on. If you want more info or just someone to talk to my messages are always open. I hope you find your inner peace :) -MQ
Thank you, it's honestly hard to adjust and now that I'm 3 months in I don't think I'm improving much. I just feel like a burden at work and think it's better for me not to be around. Do you have any tips on how you coped?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I don't think I'm in the position to give an advice here what you should do or not, just my own opinion about it. You'd first need to know why you get anxious when you go to your job and why that causes panic, suppressing this feeling with meds may not solve the actual problem, rather such meds can have unwanted side effects. If that job makes you "mentally & physically" sick I personally would reconsider whether this is the job I want to force myself to do or whether my own health is more important to me. CTB for a job and an employer is a very stupid decision. I'm sorry you are trapped in such a complicated situation. I hope you can find help together with your family and you can find a job that fits your personal expectations much better than your current one.