P

przeciwwymiotne

Be rude to me at all times, I don't deserve kindne
Jun 27, 2022
On one hand using the phone is a great distraction from binge eating and it helps me organise my days, checking off what I accomplished during the day. On the other I'm very addicted and often using the phone too much and for unimportant shit. I feel capable to prolong the detox but when I don't have my phone I binge eat more frequently, since I've no distractions from the urges. I get the urges all day every day. I want to stop binge eating so I have to not act upon the urges for a while, that's the only way they'll fade. Phone might help with that, I didn't use it for 23 days and was less anxious thanks to that, but also less organised and binged more. Idk what to do. I think binge eating is more urgent and I should focus solely on ending it. So I'm going to continue this addictive habit of using my phone. I'm glued to it rn.

Reactions: chloramine
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Being addicted to your phone isn't so bad, binge eating is a fair bit worse, I agree. But I hope you eventually come under control of both! My thoughts are with you ❤️

• Love
Reactions: przeciwwymiotne
C

chloramine

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2022
The binge eating definitely seems more important to focus on.

In the future if you want to try detoxing again it may be better to focus on implementing alternatives? Like if your phone is useful for organization then maybe start trying to use an agenda or put up sticky notes with important dates that are coming up. For the distraction piece, finding a hobby or something that you enjoy.

Right now your phone is fulfilling a need. Trying to cut it out without replacing it is more likely to lead to some form of backlash (such as the binge eating you mentioned). No judgment if you decide to keep using your phone long term just something to keep in mind if you decide you want to stop using it again. I think your decision to prioritize the binge eating is smart.

• Love
GreyCTB

GreyCTB

Student
Aug 26, 2022
Yeah dopamine detox is definitely only 1 piece of the puzzle
1. Regenerating dopamine receptors (Increasing the density)
2. Rewiring dopamine receptors (Making them fire to certain behaviors)

• Love