L

loopylou

Learn to fly
Jan 11, 2021
People mean well but my god it makes me feel a bit sick . Especially when it's text book shit

• Hugs
Reactions: Jinnberg, FuneralCry, Some1's_Wasted_Fetus and 9 others
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Yes. This is relatable. It can be especially distressing when it is advice on something that you did not want them to know about.

L

loopylou

Learn to fly
Jan 11, 2021
That's why we all have to put ourselves together nobody is gon do that for us

You can choose the paths of your friends whom you've lost to sucide . Don't give up you're doing great by yourself and you're the only one who can save you

Whenever you think about giving up I want you to also think about the reason you hang on till now

Life's going to throw alot of shot at you don't let it stop you from been you. You need to live don't want you quit!

*barfs*

• Aww..
Reactions: Un- and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
you're the only one who can save you

Exactly!

The only one who can really save me or kill me is myself. (unless some random guy/girl kills me somehow! Thanks for the edit @ExhaustedExistence haha)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: ExhaustedExistence and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I hope I have not misunderstood what you have posted, but I am guessing that what you have posted about are some of the platitudes that people have given you? If I am wrong then I am sorry in advance, but if my assumption is true then...

This seems like another way of saying: "Nobody cares about your problems". If we all have to put ourselves together and be self-reliant, which is what this platitude seems to imply, then why does everybody expect a suicidal person to continue living, as if they cannot survive without them? They should follow their own advice.

You can choose the paths of your friends whom you've lost to sucide . Don't give up you're doing great by yourself and you're the only one who can save you
Yes people can do good by themselves, but some individuals desire connections - which is normal. Not everybody can save themselves either; we can be trapped so far down a dark pit that we need another person to extend down a ladder. The individuals who say that no one can save you besides yourself will likely be the same people that will chastise you for actually taking your life, and it should not be like that. If you do not wish to help somebody else with their problems then it is not your business what ending they choose.

Whenever you think about giving up I want you to also think about the reason you hang on till now
Not everyone has a concrete reason for sticking around. Sometimes suicidal people stay due to guilt, or out of a sense of a obligation imposed on them by the group; even though no one else feels obligated to help the said suicidal individual. This is not supposed to be encouragement by the way.

Life's going to throw alot of shot at you don't let it stop you from been you. You need to live don't want you quit!
Life does not always give you trouble; life itself is totally random. In many situations the hardships you experience are created by other human beings; the phrase: "Life is unfair. Get used to it" should translate to: "People are unfair. Get used to it". This is a way for humans to excuse their own horrible behaviour.

And no we do not "need" to live; this should be a choice. Also suicide is not necessarily quitting, it is more akin to admitting that enough is enough. As an analogy: there is only so much time you can use to attempt to revive a person who has went into cardiac arrest; after some minutes have passed all efforts must cease and death will be declared. Suicide is an emotional and mental flatline in somebodies life in which they cannot always be brought back from.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and it's_all_a_game
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021

Lean on me, I'll be your friend, I'll take your hand, we'll make a stand, it'll be grand, let's start a band, become a brand, visit Newfoundland!

When you wanna die, I'll give you wings so you can fly, I'll always say hi, don't say bye-bye, we'll have a pie, we'll kiss the sky, don't you cry, ayayayay!

You're so precious, baby! Shine like a diamond, be free as a butterfly, strut like a unicorn, ride the pink dolphin, bounce on a rainbow, unleash your inner pony!!!

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: lobster salad, saltshaker and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
Pen>Sword

Pen>Sword

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
Jan 13, 2021
People mean well but my god it makes me feel a bit sick . Especially when it's text book shit
This is so true. When talking about depression: "Stop being depressed". About unemployment: " Go find a job". About dating: "Just be yourself". And the list goes on and on.

• Aww..
Reactions: lobster salad and eternalmelancholy
ExhaustedExistence

ExhaustedExistence

Life is just waiting for death
Mar 26, 2021
The only one who can really save me or kill me is myself.
The only one who can save you? Yes.
The only one who can kill you? No.
Anybody can kill you anytime. You never know.

• Yay!
Reactions: Some1's_Wasted_Fetus and WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
The only one who can save you? Yes.
The only one who can kill you? No.
Anybody can kill you anytime. You never know.

Haha true! We never know!
If someone kills me, I hope they do it instantly!

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: Some1's_Wasted_Fetus and ExhaustedExistence
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
This is so true. When talking about depression: "Stop being depressed". About unemployment: " Go find a job". About dating: "Just be yourself". And the list goes on and on.

I think it is impossible for normal people to understand things never they went through. So in their minds they are being helpful by dispensing unwanted and ultimately meaningless platitudes.

This is why I never tell anyone my inner thoughts.

Reactions: Jinnberg, loopylou, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 2 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
I think it is impossible for normal people to understand things never they went through. So in their minds they are being helpful by dispensing unwanted and ultimately meaningless platitudes.
Also, a LOT of people from all walks of life are dumb as dirt

• Yay!
Reactions: loopylou
L

loopylou

Learn to fly
Jan 11, 2021
I hope I have not misunderstood what you have posted, but I am guessing that what you have posted about are some of the platitudes that people have given you? If I am wrong then I am sorry in advance, but if my assumption is true then...

This seems like another way of saying: "Nobody cares about your problems". If we all have to put ourselves together and be self-reliant, which is what this platitude seems to imply, then why does everybody expect a suicidal person to continue living, as if they cannot survive without them? They should follow their own advice.

Yes people can do good by themselves, but some individuals desire connections - which is normal. Not everybody can save themselves either; we can be trapped so far down a dark pit that we need another person to extend down a ladder. The individuals who say that no one can save you besides yourself will likely be the same people that will chastise you for actually taking your life, and it should not be like that. If you do not wish to help somebody else with their problems then it is not your business what ending they choose.

Not everyone has a concrete reason for sticking around. Sometimes suicidal people stay due to guilt, or out of a sense of a obligation imposed on them by the group; even though no one else feels obligated to help the said suicidal individual. This is not supposed to be encouragement by the way.

Life does not always give you trouble; life itself is totally random. In many situations the hardships you experience are created by other human beings; the phrase: "Life is unfair. Get used to it" should translate to: "People are unfair. Get used to it". This is a way for humans to excuse their own horrible behaviour.

And no we do not "need" to live; this should be a choice. Also suicide is not necessarily quitting, it is more akin to admitting that enough is enough. As an analogy: there is only so much time you can use to attempt to revive a person who has went into cardiac arrest; after some minutes have passed all efforts must cease and death will be declared. Suicide is an emotional and mental flatline in somebodies life in which they cannot always be brought back from.
No you haven't misunderstood, pretty accurate. All that ' advice' was just from yesterday alone

Reactions: Sprite_Geist
saltshaker

saltshaker

salt shaker, rule breaker
Jan 29, 2021
Lean on me, I'll be your friend, I'll take your hand, we'll make a stand, it'll be grand, let's start a band, become a brand, visit Newfoundland!

When you wanna die, I'll give you wings so you can fly, I'll always say hi, don't say bye-bye, we'll have a pie, we'll kiss the sky, don't you cry, ayayayay!

You're so precious, baby! Shine like a diamond, be free as a butterfly, strut like a unicorn, ride the pink dolphin, bounce on a rainbow, unleash your inner pony!!!
I'm a pony! I'm a pony everyone i believe!!

• Yay!
Reactions: motel rooms
motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
I'm a pony! I'm a pony everyone i believe!!
You're a pony with eagle wings & a stallion's dick, baby! Fly, Chosen One, fly to the sun!

Reactions: saltshaker
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I get what you mean. I think there is nothing worse than unsolicited advice. People haven't suffered themselves so they simply do not understand. They mean well but It can come across as patronising. It can send someone who is suicidal over the edge even more hearing things like that as they are already at their limit.
I just think because our right to die isn't accepted people get fixated on trying to find ways to save people and this can come in forms of toxic positivity. It's why I would always isolate myself from other people to avoid these things.

• Love
Reactions: Jinnberg, loopylou and eternalmelancholy