Blackpepperpancake

Blackpepperpancake

Help me to breathe
Nov 22, 2023
Specially when that person has been your closest friend for almost 10 years, at first I thought as long as I'm with her then that was enough, but not anymore.

I can't stand everytime when she pays attention to other people more than myself, knowing that she will never considered me as her first priority pains me. Maybe I'm too obsessed with her, I really want to move on from this disgusting cycle, but it's easier said than done because I've been friends with her for so long and we're in the same group since highschool.

Right now I'm trying to distant myself from checking texts, Social media or even discord. Avoiding her without reason makes me look like an asshole but what can I do? Tell her what I feel??? No way in hell.

• Hugs
Reactions: Celerity
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Are you willing to risk losing her friendship? I think you should tell her and let the chips fall where they may. It sounds to me like the friendship may very well end on its own anyway if you keep this secret, and I think you know that. It's just a choice on your part of how quickly the breakdown in the relationship may occur.

• Love
Reactions: Blackpepperpancake
amaluuk

amaluuk

Jan 11, 2024
If you're on SS I'd say go for it and tell her how you feel. I know it feels impossible and the fear of rejection is nigh insurmountable but you might not be in her life for much longer anyways. At least see how things could be before you dictate how they ought to be.

Reactions: Blackpepperpancake
Blackpepperpancake

Blackpepperpancake

Help me to breathe
Nov 22, 2023
Are you willing to risk losing her friendship? I think you should tell her and let the chips fall where they may. It sounds to me like the friendship may very well end on its own anyway if you keep this secret, and I think you know that. It's just a choice on your part of how quickly the breakdown in the relationship may occur.
That's what I've feared the most actually, love is a heavy word and might be a burden to her or she might not take it seriously at all, thanks so much for the advice. I think I want to maintain our friendship more than one-side love, I just need nore time to move on from this person.
If you're on SS I'd say go for it and tell her how you feel. I know it feels impossible and the fear of rejection is nigh insurmountable but you might not be in her life for much longer anyways. At least see how things could be before you dictate how they ought to be.
I will tell her if our relationship has fall apart or one day I will CTB, but for now I'll let myself be in this dilemma a little bit longer

Reactions: amaluuk
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Sorry to pop your bubble, but rejection, not unrequited, love is the worst.
specifically if they fall out of love earlier than you.