RoadLessTraveled

RoadLessTraveled

Jan 9, 2019
I'm a pretty serious lightweight when it comes to alcohol. It doesn't take much for me to become very drunk. I've never personally blacked out before, but I figure it shouldn't be too hard. Especially if I don't eat for a day beforehand.

Anyways here's my idea. First, before drinking fill a bathtub with water. Then start drinking large amounts of alcohol until I'm close to passing out. I could also take some sleeping pills too to make sure it's extra potent. Sit in the tub in such a way that if I were to pass out I'd fall forward into the water and drown.

My roommates will both be out of the house for a LONG period of time today so I don't really have much risk of being found out partially drowned and with major brain damage if I play my cards right.

What do you think?

Last edited:
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
It's very difficult to drown in a bathtub because it's small and relatively shallow.
Even if you do manage to pass out and fall forward in the right way and your head becomes submerged, some kind of survival reflex could kick in when you actually start breathing in large amounts of water.
It's not reliable.

There was a thread about it https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/drowning-in-bathtub-as-ctb-method.17809/

S

Smudgedlines

I like wine.
Jan 23, 2020
You'll be sick before you pass out. And the water going over or on your face will wake you up even if drunk, I am sure. Survival instinct is strong. If this was an easy reliable method I'm sure it'd be very popular!!

Last edited:
RoadLessTraveled

RoadLessTraveled

Jan 9, 2019
It's very difficult to drown in a bathtub because it's small and relatively shallow.

Thank you for the read. I feel a lot of the SI for me could be overcome by taking enough alcohol/sleeping aids to properly pass out. I am definitely worried about it though.

I'm not too worried about the depth, my bathtub isn't very large, but I should definitely be able to drown in it because it's quite deep, and has very sharp inclines on each side so I can't just wriggle my way up.

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I feel a lot of the SI for me could be overcome by taking enough alcohol/sleeping aids to properly pass out.
The problem is unconscious SI.
Even when passed out, if the body feels it's in danger the autonomic nervous system can take over and force the body out of the life-threatening situation. It may not happen every time, but it can happen.
i.e. you could just end up puking over the side of the bath or on the floor next to the bath.

The bath drowning method is just too much of a gamble imo
But it's obviously totally up to you

Reactions: Trannydiary, GoodPersonEffed and DyingAlf
RoadLessTraveled

RoadLessTraveled

Jan 9, 2019
You'll be sick before you pass out. And the water going over or on your face will wake you up even if drunk, I am sure. Survival instinct is strong. If this was a very method I'm sure it'd be very popular!!

When I say I'm a serious lightweight, I literally mean I can barely stand after a SINGLE regular beer can. I wouldn't need to take much to pass out I don't think, I don't feel I'd be throwing stuff back up quickly.

Yes the water going over my face would be the scary bit.... My hope is I'd be so passed out that I wouldn't be able to react properly, but I do understand SI is incredibly strong too. I don't think I'd undergo any serious long term problem if my SI pushed me away from the water though, just to give it a try. I'll probably end up scaring the fuck out of my roommates though, which is my biggest hesitation towards trying it.

They're gonna be out of the house for one of their birthday parties.... I really don't like them but... I don't know if I hate them that much to have their 21st ruined by my dead body in the bathtub.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
sideswipe84

sideswipe84

Aug 30, 2020
I wouldn't attempt this, odds of failure are too great.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Even with a high chance of failure it's still a viable method. People accidentally die like this all the time and it wouldn't look like a suicide attempt.

T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
Why don't you wait until it's colder, we're heading into winter now. Make sure the heating is off and windows open, get into a luke warm bath and you might then die of hypothermia if the drowning doesn't work. Doesn't take long to drop your body temperature.

It's something I've been pondering - hypothermic departure, it's supposedly a peaceful way to go - fall asleep and don't wake up - alcohol helps too, knocks you out and increases rate you lose heat.

death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
SI might lift your head above the water. I think if you really want to attempt this you should tie your hands and legs together. I once saw a video of a woman who drowned herself like that. Her body movement was scary.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993
A

ashwin

Feb 19, 2020
i had tried it before. i booked a villa with a private swimming pool inside the villa. i took too much of alcohol and jumped into the pool. but i woke up the next day near the pool. the door was locked from inside. so that means my si kicked in and i came out of the pool by myself. but i didn't remember anything. If u dont know swimming then u can try river or sea after taking too much of alcohol

RoadLessTraveled

RoadLessTraveled

Jan 9, 2019
Yup everyone in this thread was right.
Ended up throwing it all up, right when my roommates came home too. Didn't make for a good sight. They were not happy to see that.
Wicked hangover this morning.
I'll probably just get a firearm. Thank you, everyone.