• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Plankter

Plankter

欠陥人
Aug 14, 2018
It's like that episode of Rick and Morty where satan sells people items that are seemingly free but entail a curse. I have to take an exam at the end of this year to continue my education. Sounds innocent at first glance, but man the preparation period sucks your soul out. The competition is so immense you have to cram in loads of useless information throughout the entire year just to answer ~200 multiple choice questions and then never to remember any of them (besides the ones that concern your study field) ever again. I spend 10 hours of the day at school and am still expected to study after I get home at 7 pm. The stuff we learn, the curriculum, is completely trivial and it's made that way only to test who has the capacity to keep them all memorized so that they can allow them to enroll in good universities. The exam date is the worst though, because your future career literally depends on a test you can only take once a year that lasts 5 hours (2 tests on consecutive days, 2+3 hours). There are many stories about people who had panic attacks the day before, got sick during the exam, and a guy from my school even broke his arm rushing to the venue last year on the exam date. Around 2 million people take the exam and unless you're okay with a mediocre-to-bad university (and trust me, the name of a mediocre university on your resumé will push your job application down to the bottom of the list if you apply to work for any private company) you have to score at the top 10k. The 99.5th percentile. We are treated like racehorses by the government, and the worst part is that nobody including myself can come up with a better alternative to this. Everyone is forced to believe they have to be doctors or engineers to be "successful" so even people who have nothing to do with those fields apply, and since the curriculum doesn't require any critical thinking or anything, they can cram stuff in and to their way up the ranking. The government is very well aware that certain people who actually could qualify for great universities simply can't win because of how wasteful and inefficient and inhumane the system is, but that's just a group of people they can disregard. Not a small group to be sure, but a group who among all the competitive rivals, can safely be ignored. Many brilliant minds (not including myself here, referring generally) wasted... But that's okay, as long as they get the few exceptional people they need, the rest of the population doesn't even need to exist. The unremarkable average person has no worth in this world.

TL;DR the education system is highly corrupt and nobody including myself and actual critics can or want to think of an alternative that would work

Sorry for the long post, I really needed to get this off my chest. I don't have any close friends so this is the only place I can share my thoughts without fearing judgement.

This is not my only reason to want to ctb, but definitely a major one at least in the last 2 years.

Reactions: azucaramargo, SeekingSolace, littlelady774 and 3 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
It's like that episode of Rick and Morty where satan sells people items that are seemingly free but entail a curse. I have to take an exam at the end of this year to continue my education. Sounds innocent at first glance, but man the preparation period sucks your soul out. The competition is so immense you have to cram in loads of useless information throughout the entire year just to answer ~200 multiple choice questions and then never to remember any of them (besides the ones that concern your study field) ever again. I spend 10 hours of the day at school and am still expected to study after I get home at 7 pm. The stuff we learn, the curriculum, is completely trivial and it's made that way only to test who has the capacity to keep them all memorized so that they can allow them to enroll in good universities. The exam date is the worst though, because your future career literally depends on a test you can only take once a year that lasts 5 hours (2 tests on consecutive days, 2+3 hours). There are many stories about people who had panic attacks the day before, got sick during the exam, and a guy from my school even broke his arm rushing to the venue last year on the exam date. Around 2 million people take the exam and unless you're okay with a mediocre-to-bad university (and trust me, the name of a mediocre university on your resumé will push your job application down to the bottom of the list if you apply to work for any private company) you have to score at the top 10k. The 99.5th percentile. We are treated like racehorses by the government, and the worst part is that nobody including myself can come up with a better alternative to this. Everyone is forced to believe they have to be doctors or engineers to be "successful" so even people who have nothing to do with those fields apply, and since the curriculum doesn't require any critical thinking or anything, they can cram stuff in and to their way up the ranking. The government is very well aware that certain people who actually could qualify for great universities simply can't win because of how wasteful and inefficient and inhumane the system is, but that's just a group of people they can disregard. Not a small group to be sure, but a group who among all the competitive rivals, can safely be ignored. Many brilliant minds (not including myself here, referring generally) wasted... But that's okay, as long as they get the few exceptional people they need, the rest of the population doesn't even need to exist. The unremarkable average person has no worth in this world.

TL;DR the education system is highly corrupt and nobody including myself and actual critics can or want to think of an alternative that would work

Sorry for the long post, I really needed to get this off my chest. I don't have any close friends so this is the only place I can share my thoughts without fearing judgement.

This is not my only reason to want to ctb, but definitely a major one at least in the last 2 years.
Yea you're right this is why it may not be a good idea for most people to go to college unless you find a school that is not hijacked by the left. Much of academia has been taken over by leftist ideology and so it's basically backwards. The most qualified people don't get into the right places because that's not how it's done anymore. Now education is based on equality of outcome not equality of opportunity. So if u have a smart kid and a dumb kid, the school system will disadvantage the smart kid to make u more equal to the dumb kid lol! In a sane system you would want to make sure that the smartest kids get challenged and guided right to where they will benefit society the most. It is more humane to treat people as individuals with different degrees of ability and they need accurate feedback on this early so u know what your options are in life realistically. There's no such thing as equal people so it's really bad to try to force it because you only get more unequal when u try to make everybody equal lol! Truth is they make it like this to keep most people from upward mobility. The political elite see the young as competition to themselves so they need to keep most of the population from upward mobility since this makes u less controllable by government. If too many people are successful, then they don't need government because they are self reliant.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeekingSolace, littlelady774 and lemmeeleev
lemmeeleev

lemmeeleev

Still here
Nov 29, 2018
I agree with this. I'm in high school and they tell everyone to go to college, no matter what you want to do, how good you do in school, etc. Like you're life is useless if you don't. Same with grades, they make you feel stupid if you can't get good enough grades like everyone else because you see it all as stupid, pointless, and only shows you know how to follow orders. As for college, they don't even really care what field you want to go into and if you actually need to go to college for it. And they've said straight out you're going to be at competition whether it be for a school or a job. But I guess all life is is a competition, so it doesn't really surprise me that much.

Last edited:
Reactions: littlelady774, Final Escape and Plankter
BaconCheeseburger

BaconCheeseburger

Comfort-eating
Aug 4, 2018
I went to University (in the UK) and whilst job hunting since graduating hardly anything from my degree has been beneficial to me getting a job. I'm actually lower down in the food chain than people I've worked with who didn't go to uni, which says a lot. I spent 7 months unemployed and miserable after graduating, whereas people around me who went straight into internships and stuff are now earning what's supposed to be a 'graduate level salary'.

It really pisses me off that people make uni out to be so important when I could be so much further ahead in life if I hadn't gone.

Reactions: SeekingSolace, lemmeeleev and littlelady774