synthcadia

dissociated angel.
Jul 8, 2023
i realized i have really unhealthy coping mechanisms:
- constant dissociation
- forgetting the memory
- just bottling it up
- pushing past it

sometimes i will just listen to music to dissociate. it's like getting high.

and i know i need to see someone, but i'm scared to see someone, and i feel like i can just keep living this way until i leave america, and have support, ya know?

i'm scared to have my issues belittled again. maybe that's why i cope the way i do.

• Hugs
Reactions: bebebeep, Fire and Kit1
27clubHereWeGo

27clubHereWeGo

Dec 9, 2023
I cope pretty much the same way. What you said about music making you feel high really hits.

• Hugs
Reactions: Fire and Kit1
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
i realized i have really unhealthy coping mechanisms:
- constant dissociation
- forgetting the memory
- just bottling it up
- pushing past it

sometimes i will just listen to music to dissociate. it's like getting high.

and i know i need to see someone, but i'm scared to see someone, and i feel like i can just keep living this way until i leave america, and have support, ya know?

i'm scared to have my issues belittled again. maybe that's why i cope the way i do.
I am so sorry that you are struggling to cope. I am similar coping mechanisms and a few more like overeating, overdoses etc. I have been seeinga clinical psychologist and find that the sessions help - though will need something long-term for it to work and the NHS medical system in the UK has a strange way of offering therapy, sessions etc.

If you have the right therapist or doctor supporting you, then it will be helpful. The challenge is finding the right person..,

Reactions: Fire