• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

restinpeace2

restinpeace2

May 28, 2024
Barely slept past midnight. Woke up feeling sad and anxious today, also lonely. I also worry because I don't want to study, but despite applying to many I haven't achieved any retail job. I have a preference for the fashion retail stores as it is easier for my mind to process. There are so many vacancies yet no response besides 2 stores who interview screened me. I wish retail was treated as a proper job because it seems like the industry is only seen as a stepping stone, temporary and limited or varying shifts.

I want to avoid Universal Credit and earn some own money hence why I've been applying so much. I hate living on £299 per month, I go to the Food bank but don't like their options however I have to appreciate it still. I shouldn't be living like this, I have no one I can rely on. Yes I want to work, however that would mean being on council tax again and Housing benefit removed, paying prescriptions. I would prefer to work full time permanent sales assistant as it would help me avoid going to the jobcentre then I can end my Universal Credit claim. No more appointments and signing on journal. It's not a pleasant experience. Appointment times change at no notice, and can be randomly changed from in person to telephone. I don't like being poor. I need to be hired. I have lots of fashion retail experience but this world is so unfair at times in how employment systems work.

I feel quite upset about a lot of things. I'm not enjoying the summer or my free time. I'm worried the jobcentre will force me into something I don't want to do, lose patience or sanction. I wish there was a better way. I wish I had someone I could lean on financially as well as the Housing. I am my only dependent and there isn't anyone else to help me. I miss living in a home, not a temporary studio flat. I miss living with separate rooms, an upstairs and downstairs. There are times when I'd rather move out and in with someone else, but I don't know anyone. If there was someone I could get along with. Waiting on the council is much stress and their communication is bad.

Does anyone else have a similar experience (in England)?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Kit1, azzie, AmericanMary and 3 others
S

sos

Jul 22, 2024
i think your lack of enjoyment in life is caused by the stress you're experiencing regarding your job / housing situation. kind of the matter that once you're settled, you're able to relax and discover the things that you enjoy.

isn't there an alternative to a retail job? like, as much as you might enjoy it, sometimes life requires us to take one step back to eventually take one or two steps forward, once the time is right.

sure, you've set your sight on retail and the thought of doing something else might drain your energy even more but financial stability seems to be somewhat of a more important thing, along with the ability to settle in a house you'll be able to life in for years.

tldr: anything else you'd be down for if retail doesn't work out?

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
I am so sorry if I am asking the obvious question. Each jobcentre has employment advisors who will reach out to employers and bring in the vacancies - and most Jobcentres seem to have retail vacancies. Have you spoken to your work coach about what they have on their books? Jobs fairs?