hfdepression30

hfdepression30

Experienced
Mar 30, 2021
I keep thinking about how unconsciousness following an attempt is the beginning of the end. I've been reading about unconsciousness - people who've been in a coma, knocked out from a fight, fallen unconscious due to gases, anaccident or pressure around their neck - and in most causes there was nothing, like dreamless sleep. They don't remember anything in the time between falling unconscious and then waking up. So when we fall unconscious, for us I assume that's the end? like dreamless sleep - between falling asleep and waking up - it feels like no time went by. The real world may be ticking for however many minutes before we die, but for us maybe it feels instant in a way

I don't know.. it's just a thought

edit: I know everything varies by method. In my case I was thinking about hanging or charcoal upon falling unconscious assuming everything was done correctly to ensue death

Reactions: SuicideAwaits and pthnrdnojvsc
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Yeah, if the brain is shut off it doesn't really do anything. Good discovery.

Reactions: hfdepression30
Deathbydemo

Deathbydemo

Mage
Feb 15, 2020
These are my thoughts exactly. I wouldn't have been able to word it this well. I went unconscious, albeit briefly, after being choked too strongly one time and I can honestly say there was just nothing. It's like your brain just completely shuts off. A large part of why I don't think there's much reason to fear death. I think of it to be like a switch, in death your light is simply turned off forever. I find it comforting.

Last edited:
Reactions: LifeQuitter2018, SuicideAwaits and hfdepression30
popcorn

popcorn

Experienced
Dec 20, 2020
check out nde's on youtube. most have to be verified by medical notes to confirm the patient was indeed clinically dead for a period of time

patients can accurately confirm what first responders said, words spoken in the operation room etc etc....

certainly changed my perspective on things

Reactions: LifeQuitter2018
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
Yeah, with the vast majority of methods we'll never know if we succeeded or not. So, if we do regain consciousness it might very well be in an emergency room or perhaps in another world billions of years from now without any knowledge of what happened here before.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo and hfdepression30
hfdepression30

hfdepression30

Experienced
Mar 30, 2021
Yeah, with the vast majority of methods we'll never know if we succeeded or not. So, if we do regain consciousness it might very well be in an emergency room or perhaps in another world billions of years from now without any knowledge of what happened here before.
Regaining consciousness in a hospital would be so painful for me, like hell on earth. That's why I intend to do it while I'm at home alone and probably at some time after 10pm so I know there wouldn't be any unexpected visits or anything that would discover me before death occurs.

Life after death is a strange concept and a lot of people have contrasting beliefs. Personally I don't think the brain and the soul are connected in any shape or form so knowledge after death doesn't make sense. At one point before our current life, we didn't even physically exist until we were a sperm cell that suddenly started moving and swimming. Perhaps after death our soul goes back to a state where we're a new cell, whether it's human and eventually gains thought and conscious after birth or maybe another life form like an animal, bacteria or like you say somewhere far away in another world.

Personally I don't care what happens to us after death or where we go, but it is interesting to hypothesise.

Reactions: LifeQuitter2018
Tackingintothewind

Tackingintothewind

Mage
Mar 2, 2021
Regaining consciousness in a hospital would be so painful for me, like hell on earth. That's why I intend to do it while I'm at home alone and probably at some time after 10pm so I know there wouldn't be any unexpected visits or anything that would discover me before death occurs.

Life after death is a strange concept and a lot of people have contrasting beliefs. Personally I don't think the brain and the soul are connected in any shape or form so knowledge after death doesn't make sense. At one point before our current life, we didn't even physically exist until we were a sperm cell that suddenly started moving and swimming. Perhaps after death our soul goes back to a state where we're a new cell, whether it's human and eventually gains thought and conscious after birth or maybe another life form like an animal, bacteria or like you say somewhere far away in another world.

Personally I don't care what happens to us after death or where we go, but it is interesting to hypothesise.
Dude why do you keep on referring to start of life being a sperm cell. We get more genetic information from the egg. Sperm cell are not people in the making. They are actually less than half a person. Your perspective on this is very medieval
check out nde's on youtube. most have to be verified by medical notes to confirm the patient was indeed clinically dead for a period of time

patients can accurately confirm what first responders said, words spoken in the operation room etc etc....

certainly changed my perspective on things

Ndes happen before brain death.
All of the experiences can be reproduced by science and have plausible explanations

Reactions: Ame
hfdepression30

hfdepression30

Experienced
Mar 30, 2021
Dude why do you keep on referring to start of life being a sperm cell. We get more genetic information from the egg. Sperm cell are not people in the making. They are actually less than half a person. Your perspective on this is very medieval

Ndes happen before brain death.
All of the experiences can be reproduced by science and have plausible explanations
Firstly, I don't keep mentioning life starting from anywhere. I said it once and it was just a innocent theory like the thousands of other theories out there. I'm not a scientist and nor do I care to know the science of it. I'm just pointing out that cells, even at such an early point like a sperm cell, starts kicking and moving at once point so I assume in theory that cell has some kind of 'life'. Of course they develop in the egg, but honestly I don't know or care what happens then or after death. Just a innocent random theory that came to my mind first. So please don't call me medieval when I don't have a concrete belief in anything, and you also don't know anything about me either. I'm very open minded. If you're into science, good for you.

Tackingintothewind

Tackingintothewind

Mage
Mar 2, 2021
Firstly, I don't keep mentioning life starting from anywhere. I said it once and it was just a innocent theory like the thousands of other theories out there. I'm not a scientist and nor do I care to know the science of it. I'm just pointing out that cells, even at such an early point like a sperm cell, starts kicking and moving at once point so I assume in theory that cell has some kind of 'life'. Of course they develop in the egg, but honestly I don't know or care what happens then or after death. Just a innocent random theory that came to my mind first. So please don't call me medieval when I don't have a concrete belief in anything, and you also don't know anything about me either. I'm very open minded. If you're into science, good for you.
It wasn't just once I've commented on this before from you. And blood cells move, do they have life? No sperm cells dont develop in the egg, they merge with the egg to form a person.
I hate the opinion of sperm = person as it was one of the sexist ideas that saw women treated as second class citezens.
Its is sexist to suggest that all we are comes only from our fathers

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I was in a coma for 2 days and when I woke up, it felt as an instant.
I don't remember anything, not even dreaming.

Once we die and there's no brain, there's probably nothing else waiting for us but I would really hate this. What's the point of existing at all if life doesn't make sense? What's its true meaning? What's the universe? How can something come from nothing?

I just want answers and I will probably never get them. This sucks lol.

• Hugs
Reactions: hfdepression30 and Ame
hfdepression30

hfdepression30

Experienced
Mar 30, 2021
It wasn't just once I've commented on this before from you. And blood cells move, do they have life? No sperm cells dont develop in the egg, they merge with the egg to form a person.
I hate the opinion of sperm = person as it was one of the sexist ideas that saw women treated as second class citezens.
Its is sexist to suggest that all we are comes only from our fathers
Just went through my posts, 35 in total, not many, and can't find whatever you're referring to about me talking about life starting as a sperm. Very confused and I'm guessing you have the wrong person because I don't have any strong beliefs about ANYTHING. Not heaven, hell, bible stories, reincarnation, ghosts, spirits, other worlds, whatever it may be. I only mentioned it briefly today in response to someone else who wrote about regaining consciousness in another world, which again is just a light theory and nothing serious. I don't know why you're so sensitive or bothered about it anyway, but this isn't the place to push your anger or hostilities to other people. As I said, I don't care what happens after death and I have no hard beliefs so please stop insinuating that I'm doing or pushing any narratives. Like, chill out. If someone wants to theorise something, let them do whatever they want to.. I think it's interesting to be open minded enough to listen to different theories.. the whole sperm cell thing was to suggest reincarnation but whatever. I'm not here to debate, fight or argue with anyone about a belief I don't have.

Tackingintothewind

Tackingintothewind

Mage
Mar 2, 2021
Anything would be better than the pitiful existence I'm living. I don't know what's next, maybe there's nothing, maybe our live kick starts again as a semen that may or may not reach a womb, who knows.. whatever it is it's an inevitable fate for all of us sooner or later so it's unavoidable. I'm definitely not going to stick around until I die suddenly or naturally at an old age. I cannot endure this life much longer

Just went through my posts, 35 in total, not many, and can't find whatever you're referring to about me talking about life starting as a sperm. Very confused and I'm guessing you have the wrong person because I don't have any strong beliefs about ANYTHING. Not heaven, hell, bible stories, reincarnation, ghosts, spirits, other worlds, whatever it may be. I only mentioned it briefly today in response to someone else who wrote about regaining consciousness in another world, which again is just a light theory and nothing serious. I don't know why you're so sensitive or bothered about it anyway, but this isn't the place to push your anger or hostilities to other people. As I said, I don't care what happens after death and I have no hard beliefs so please stop insinuating that I'm doing or pushing any narratives. Like, chill out. If someone wants to theorise something, let them do whatever they want to.. I think it's interesting to be open minded enough to listen to different theories.. the whole sperm cell thing was to suggest reincarnation but whatever. I'm not here to debate, fight or argue with anyone about a belief I don't have.
Found it for you.

hfdepression30

hfdepression30

Experienced
Mar 30, 2021
Found it for you.
Oh, wow.. I mentioned in one time before, lightly, with no details or expressing hard beliefs, I even said 'WHO KNOWS' which clearly shows it's just a random theory, one that other people have made more effort to try and prove. Seriously, if you're that mad about it, just block me.. I really don't understand what you're trying to do