• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

Tsunami

Student
Nov 3, 2023
I decide to dedicate a thread only to this case because the mix of information in other threads does not help.
Here is the link: https://www.bibliomed.org/fulltextpdf.php?mno=28948

As the face does not appear to deteriorate as in many cases of strangulation, I suppose the mechanism was slightly different. In the link, in image 2 we can see the ligature marks on the neck and the maximum pressure seems to have been at the back of the neck and on the side. Let's use our brains to try to figure out how this gentleman proceeded..

1/ What was the initial position?
2/ Did it pass out quickly?
3/ Was it the weight of the body or the tension of the rope that did the job?

I wonder if he was sitting initially and fell behind? Or was he in the initial lying position and just using his leg/ankle to exert pressure?

I need help please to understand this uncommon case. All someone needs for this method is a body and a rope, easy access.. Just need to understand the mechanism

He did it like a king , just here lying on the floor

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DeadHead, loopdaloop, hi-okbye and 1 other person
hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
1. looking at the length of the rope, i feel like he did it lying down, the rope would most likely not be tight enough if he was sitting up. it's done in a way where there's a tightness on the rope when lying down, that wouldn't be present sitting up (most likely).

2. looking at the marks and his body position and all, i would believe he passed out somewhat quickly. in the second photo there are 2-3 marks though. this could mean the rope just slipped, which is plausible looking at the initial mark, and the mark that killed him. the back could have slipped up when he pushed the front down with his foot. it could also represent a first try that failed, and a second one that seemed successful. either way it worked, and he's an old man.

3. in honesty, i feel it was the tightness of the rope, it's a very skinny rope and it's shown that it quite literally digged through his skin, on all sides too. if it was his foot, once convulsions came in, his foot would most likely move in a way that would loosen it and he would survive. although the foot didn't kill him, i think it definitely helped a lot. he made the rope tight enough so it would close off everything, arteries, airways, etc. him holding the string forward with his foot though, would cause release from his airways, while still compressing his arteries (it's unknown if he compressed his jugular though). this allowed him time to pass out, until he lost consciousness as well as control of his body. after that the string would've compressed around his entire neck, but he wouldn't feel his airways compress (because he's unconscious), this would ensure death even more, as no blood is going to the brain, and no oxygen into the body. this seems like a good method for people who have trouble not compressing their airway when hanging.

thank you for this case, i feel it could be helpful to many :)

• Love
Reactions: doormat25, DeadHead and Tsunami
T

Tsunami

Student
Nov 3, 2023
1. looking at the length of the rope, i feel like he did it lying down, the rope would most likely not be tight enough if he was sitting up. it's done in a way where there's a tightness on the rope when lying down, that wouldn't be present sitting up (most likely).

2. looking at the marks and his body position and all, i would believe he passed out somewhat quickly. in the second photo there are 2-3 marks though. this could mean the rope just slipped, which is plausible looking at the initial mark, and the mark that killed him. the back could have slipped up when he pushed the front down with his foot. it could also represent a first try that failed, and a second one that seemed successful. either way it worked, and he's an old man.

3. in honesty, i feel it was the tightness of the rope, it's a very skinny rope and it's shown that it quite literally digged through his skin, on all sides too. if it was his foot, once convulsions came in, his foot would most likely move in a way that would loosen it and he would survive. although the foot didn't kill him, i think it definitely helped a lot. he made the rope tight enough so it would close off everything, arteries, airways, etc. him holding the string forward with his foot though, would cause release from his airways, while still compressing his arteries (it's unknown if he compressed his jugular though). this allowed him time to pass out, until he lost consciousness as well as control of his body. after that the string would've compressed around his entire neck, but he wouldn't feel his airways compress (because he's unconscious), this would ensure death even more, as no blood is going to the brain, and no oxygen into the body. this seems like a good method for people who have trouble not compressing their airway when hanging.

thank you for this case, i feel it could be helpful to many :)

Thank you very much for your reply

Indeed from my point of view I also think that the initial position was to be lying down. I imagine that he had the heel and ankle placed closer to his abdomen in a position to which the body can not return once pass out , thats it ?

You seem to be thinking clearly, can you describe how you think he proceeded? He was lying, but what was the initial position of the leg? Once he loses consciousness by exerting pressure what maintained this pressure? I can't understand if he pushed with his leg, what movement did he use ... I'm sorry to have trouble understanding and i want to tell you thank you a lot to answer me

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DeadHead and hi-okbye
hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
Thank you very much for your reply

Indeed from my point of view I also think that the initial position was to be lying down. I imagine that he had the heel and ankle placed closer to his abdomen in a position to which the body can not return once pass out , thats it ?

You seem to be thinking clearly, can you describe how you think he proceeded? He was lying, but what was the initial position of the leg? Once he loses consciousness by exerting pressure what maintained this pressure? I can't understand if he pushed with his leg, what movement did he use ... I'm sorry to have trouble understanding and i want to tell you thank you a lot to answer me
of course!

looking at the position he died in, it seems the only position he could've started from is just having his leg straight down, or bent sideways like he does in the photo. when analyzing the photo this is how i believe it went.
first, he was sitting up on the ground. due to the tightness of the rope around his neck , i believe he tied it last. that means he first wrapped his ankle with some type of clothing. it seems he did this to keep his ankle comfortable, so the rope didn't dig into his skin. this causes me to believe that he tried twice, the first time he might have failed causing the first mark around his neck, that's why he knew the string would dig into his ankle. So second try he put his jacket around his ankle, so the string wouldn't dig into it. once he securely tied the string around his ankle tight, he then secured the rope around his neck (maybe after he lied down, or before, i can't tell). when he lied down he kept his knee bent in that way, lying down added enough pressure though to cut off his arteries and make him pass out. he passes out, convulses a little bit, then dies fully.

after he passed out, i believe it's simply the ropes tightness keeping it in that position, that's why it's important to make it really really tight when using this method, otherwise it won't work. there is also only a certain amount the body can bend, even when your unconscious your leg isn't going to spin 180 degrees. due to him being old his leg can bend even less, so it just stayed in somewhat the same position, maybe moving up a little at most. convulsions would also cause all your muscles to stiffen, keeping pressure on the neck, although don't only rely on convulsions to do the job.

i don't think he did any special maneuver, he just simply tied the ropes, at a length where he could comfortably lie down while still having it tightly compress his neck, then he just lied down and that was it.

also your totally good just glad i could help :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: lostinmythoughts, DeadHead and Tsunami
T

Tsunami

Student
Nov 3, 2023
of course!

looking at the position he died in, it seems the only position he could've started from is just having his leg straight down, or bent sideways like he does in the photo. when analyzing the photo this is how i believe it went.
first, he was sitting up on the ground. due to the tightness of the rope around his neck , i believe he tied it last. that means he first wrapped his ankle with some type of clothing. it seems he did this to keep his ankle comfortable, so the rope didn't dig into his skin. this causes me to believe that he tried twice, the first time he might have failed causing the first mark around his neck, that's why he knew the string would dig into his ankle. So second try he put his jacket around his ankle, so the string wouldn't dig into it. once he securely tied the string around his ankle tight, he then secured the rope around his neck (maybe after he lied down, or before, i can't tell). when he lied down he kept his knee bent in that way, lying down added enough pressure though to cut off his arteries and make him pass out. he passes out, convulses a little bit, then dies fully.

after he passed out, i believe it's simply the ropes tightness keeping it in that position, that's why it's important to make it really really tight when using this method, otherwise it won't work. there is also only a certain amount the body can bend, even when your unconscious your leg isn't going to spin 180 degrees. due to him being old his leg can bend even less, so it just stayed in somewhat the same position, maybe moving up a little at most. convulsions would also cause all your muscles to stiffen, keeping pressure on the neck, although don't only rely on convulsions to do the job.

i don't think he did any special maneuver, he just simply tied the ropes, at a length where he could comfortably lie down while still having it tightly compress his neck, then he just lied down and that was it.

also your totally good just glad i could help :)
I thank you a lot for your detailed answer. It is clearer for me now. I wish I could "test" this method, but I have a constraint is that just before CTB I have to send my money to my family so if I do this and the method does not work they will automatically know that I made an attempt. And if I take a test and go out without sending the money, all that money is lost...
This method is really accessible and for someone who lives alone and can multiply the trials it really seems a simple path for CTB

• Hugs
Reactions: hi-okbye and DeadHead
hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
I thank you a lot for your detailed answer. It is clearer for me now. I wish I could "test" this method, but I have a constraint is that just before CTB I have to send my money to my family so if I do this and the method does not work they will automatically know that I made an attempt. And if I take a test and go out without sending the money, all that money is lost...
This method is really accessible and for someone who lives alone and can multiply the trials it really seems a simple path for CTB
if you want to try this method without having it work fully, you can make the rope so it's not supper supper tight as well as making the string nice and long, maybe even wrap it around your arm or hand instead of your foot. if your using your leg make it long enough so you can "choke" yourself when your leg is at a 135 degree angle, but at a 90 degree angle the rope should loosen enough to let you breath normally. Then when you tie the string around your neck, do it so you can squeeze about four or so fingers in when you have it around your neck. this will ensure that when you practice, you shouldn't be able to be successful but you can practice making yourself pass out. then with the loose rope around your neck and also tied around your leg or arm, straighten your leg or move your arm away a bit so the rope presses on your arteries, if you do it correctly you should start to pass out, without feeling like your head is exploding or filling up with blood. try to stop yourself before you end up passing out, but if you end up passing out than that's okay. keep a scissors near you, far enough so you don't pass out onto it, but close enough so you can grab it if you need, just in emergency if you need to cut the rope. once you've practiced making yourself pass out with it, then your ready.
if you do decide to send the money, try to have a backup plan in case this one doesn't work.

• Informative
Reactions: Tsunami