MisterPeeWee

MisterPeeWee

Patrick
Jul 21, 2020
It is scary to know there is a category full of unanswered threads. Goes to show one of the reasons how unfair life is and how people aren't heard like they want to be.

Reactions: Samsara, Mywill, death137 and 7 others
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I often make a point of reading and replying to posts that have no responses yet. Is there really a category where I could see all of them at once?

Reactions: Mr2005, Lost in a Dream, Ghost2211 and 4 others
MisterPeeWee

MisterPeeWee

Patrick
Jul 21, 2020
I often make a point of reading and replying to posts that have no responses yet. Is there really a category where I could see all of them at once?

So if you go to the "Your threads" link you will find it there. I think I'm gonna answer some, but yea just there being one bothers me.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N and Deleted member 4993
D

Deleted member 1496

Student
Aug 2, 2018
You can sort by number of replies to see all the 0 replied:

Filters -> Sort: Replies Ascending

Wow, there are lots of unanswered threads!

The most replied threads in this forum are:

1. SN
2. N
3. Hanging
4. Frank Sinatra

Frank Sinatra??? Uh, maybe I'm doing this wrong.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: voyager, Lost in a Dream, _Minsk and 5 others
MisterPeeWee

MisterPeeWee

Patrick
Jul 21, 2020
You can sort by number of replies to see all the 0 replied:

Filters -> Sort: Replies Ascending

Wow, there are lots of unanswered threads!

The most replied threads in this forum are:

1. SN
2. N
3. Hanging
4. Frank Sinatra

Frank Sinatra??? Uh, maybe I'm doing this wrong.
Never thought Frank Sinatra could be a big influence in ctb

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: Mm80, Homecoming, ImsooDone1N and 1 other person
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
My first and only thread went unanswered, but someone basically answered it on another thread so it's fine

B

BetterInthanOut

Student
Mar 6, 2020
Sometimes unanswered threads get buried because no one knows the answer, and then when the experts come online they can't see. But I agree that it's unfair that people come here because they weren't heard irl and that continues

• Aww..
Reactions: faraway_beach, Lost in a Dream, _Minsk and 2 others
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I try to respond to unanswered threads, but sometimes I don't have anything to offer. If it's someone sharing their story, I will typically give them a hug or cry, as I do feel for them.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk, ImsooDone1N and BetterInthanOut
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I feel bad whenever I see a thread that has 0 replies but not much I can do if I don't have the answer they're looking for. I also don't always know what to say to people so I stay quiet rather than try and force myself to say something and for it to come out sounding disingenuous.

• Love
Reactions: Sinkinshyp, Dreamless Sleep, _Minsk and 1 other person
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i know for me anyway, if i label it as venting im typically not looking for a reply. im literally just venting about something i cant get off my mind. so it isnt always a big deal to me. although i dont THINK my tattoo thread was answered although i know its been read. i guess im just kinda assuming people are gonna draw it then respond to me, although a "hey ill see what i can come up with" so i know for sure would be nice.

basically i guess it depends on the person and what the thread is about

• Hugs
Reactions: Mywill, Secrets1, _Minsk and 1 other person
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
I made a thread that got no responses. I was embarrassed, actually! I felt bad for posting something that no one though was worth responding to.

I blame Mark Zuckerberg and social media for training me to care how people react to anything I say. People read it, I just didn't get any response. For me and that post, it didn't make a difference.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, _Minsk and Homecoming
MisterPeeWee

MisterPeeWee

Patrick
Jul 21, 2020
I made a thread that got no responses. I was embarrassed, actually! I felt bad for posting something that no one though was worth responding to.

I blame Mark Zuckerberg and social media for training me to care how people react to anything I say. People read it, I just didn't get any response. For me and that post, it didn't make a difference.
Which post is it I want to respond to it and talk to you more <3

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul and Deleted member 18655
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I try to do this too, even if I don't necessarily have a response they're looking for. Atleast it brings some extra attention to the thread and someone with a better reply might come along.

Reactions: Soul, Lost in a Dream and Homecoming
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
Which post is it I want to respond to it and talk to you more <3
:ahhha: it's really not worth it, but thank you :hug:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/i-was-afraid-i-think-itll-be-okay.45480/

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Soul, MisterPeeWee and Brick In The Wall
Deathbydemo

Deathbydemo

Mage
Feb 15, 2020
Sometimes I find it incredibly hard to engage in conversations on posts simply because my brain can't think of something useful to say. I am either too tired, stoned, sad, broken, speechless... or all of those at the same time. It makes conversing difficult. The same is true for my personal life. I'm finding it hard to respond to friends and family for the same reasons.

For someone to post about something that's hurting them and not receiving a response though, that's really sad to think about. Personally I will try to reply, even if what I'm saying makes no sense or offers little comfort.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Mywill, Mooshi, Soul and 3 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020

i like the ones where 50-100+ people have read it and its something emotional or whatever and 95% of them cant even give a hug emoji or something.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mywill, Deleted member 18655, Brick In The Wall and 1 other person
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Thank you for pointing this out. I'll try to search for them. I think a lot of the time posts just get buried and people likely only look at the first page or two.

MisterPeeWee

MisterPeeWee

Patrick
Jul 21, 2020
Actually dont start spreading the news, dont want the police turning up ☺

Very indirect to ctb but I see what direction you are heading in.
Thank you for pointing this out. I'll try to search for them. I think a lot of the time posts just get buried and people likely only look at the first page or two.

That is the majority, but there are always the minority that makes a change no matter how small it is.

Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
i like the ones where 50-100+ people have read it and its something emotional or whatever and 95% of them cant even give a hug emoji or something.

Even a tiny little gesture like a hug emoji can be helpful. Whenever I find threads like those but can't think of anything to say right then, I at least use the hug emoji as a reaction and try to come up with something good to say later.

Reactions: voyager, Mywill, Wisdom3_1-9 and 4 others
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Very indirect to ctb but I see what direction you are heading in.

That is the majority, but there are always the minority that makes a change no matter how small it is.
Well i didnt bring ol blue eyes into the thread, was just following up. But earlier on it said frank sinatra is the 4th most replied to thread, so maybe its more direct than you think.

MisterPeeWee

MisterPeeWee

Patrick
Jul 21, 2020
Well i didnt bring ol blue eyes into the thread, was just following up. But earlier on it said frank sinatra is the 4th most replied to thread, so maybe its more direct than you think.

It would be more direct if he went and ctb but he didn't. Which makes it a mystery why it's direct still.

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
It is scary to know there is a category full of unanswered threads. Goes to show one of the reasons how unfair life is and how people aren't heard like they want to be.
It is sad. People often come to post here because they're lonely and want to talk, or they're panicking and need to be calmed down. Unanswered threads also inintimidate me because of the pressure to say the perfect thing. Also, no offense, but doesn't this belong in the Off-Topic forum?

Reactions: BetterInthanOut
MisterPeeWee

MisterPeeWee

Patrick
Jul 21, 2020
It is sad. People often come to post here because they're lonely and want to talk, or they're panicking and need to be calmed down. Unanswered threads also inintimidate me because of the pressure to say the perfect thing. Also, no offense, but doesn't this belong in the Off-Topic forum?

I put this on the Suicide Discussion only because most of the unread ones have to do with people suffering inside the Suicide Discussion.

• Aww..
Reactions: Homecoming
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
It would be more direct if he went and ctb but he didn't. Which makes it a mystery why it's direct still.
They say sinatra was a complex man and had many dark secrets, maybe this mystery will never be solved.

AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
Some people do not respond to threads because they do not know the answer
Some people do not respond to threads because they have seen the same threads multiple times
Some people do not respond to threads because they are simply not interested

I do not believe anyone is obligated to respond to threads. Obviously, the ones that receive the highest responses are the ones that interest people (which always seem to be anything SN related).

Reactions: death137 and Homecoming