R

randal_bond

Me encantaria practicar ES con Hispanohablantes.
Oct 23, 2018
Hi, all.

I was trying to create an acct with Coinbase. They sent me unmanned e-mail where they said:
Upon careful review, we believe your account has engaged in prohibited use in violation of our Terms of Service and we regret to inform you that we can no longer provide you with access to our service.

I've never had a crypto acct in my life and was never in trouble with the law, never. Can somebody shed a light why this might have happened? I tried to call them, but I just can't get to a real person. Maybe, the previous tenant at my address engaged in some illegal activities?

They say: "Should you have any questions or need assistance, please let us know and we'll be happy to help." but I just can't get through to them. Any idea what is happening?
I'm based in the UK if it matters.

90starve

90starve

i don’t know who i am
May 8, 2023
why is this in the suicide forum?
(i don't mean to sound rude! omg sorry i see how blunt that sounds)

Reactions: Letmedienow
R

randal_bond

Oct 23, 2018
Because that's the reason I'm creating crypto acct. If I need to post in another part of the forum, kindly let me know.

90starve

90starve

i don’t know who i am
May 8, 2023
Because that's the reason I'm creating crypto acct. If I need to post in another part of the forum, kindly let me know.
i think reddit will be a better place to get answers to crypto questions.

Reactions: Letmedienow and randal_bond
deepblack

deepblack

follow the white rabbit
Apr 9, 2023
Could be the case that you violated against the Terms Of Service without knowing it.
This can be stuff like using a VPN when registering, using an E-Mail domain they're blocking, etc. Or maybe you accidently tried to create a business account, not an account for individuals. Could be something very simple.

Best thing you could do is to keep on trying to get in touch with their support, simply to find out what the reason is.
Did they reject you right away from the beginning, or at some point when verifying your ID and that stuff?

R

randal_bond

Oct 23, 2018
Thanks for reaching out. Rejected verifying ID.
I wonder if previous tenant of the flat had a black mark against the address. Another thing may be I used my mail.ru account, and everything with Russian connotation is blocked now. But I'm in the UK with UK passport. So, IDK.

deepblack

deepblack

follow the white rabbit
Apr 9, 2023
I wonder if previous tenant of the flat had a black mark against the address
This is very unlikely.

Another thing may be I used my mail.ru account, and everything with Russian connotation is blocked now.
This is likely the reason. I could see many crypto exchanges are freezing/closing Russian accounts, also won't accept new ones.
You got a Russian E-Mail, which could already be a reason on its' own, and if you got a Russian sounding name on top that's probably enough for Coinbase to reject the account.
But only their support could explain the actual reasons.
If you can't clarify this with their support, look for a different exchange. But avoid anything Russia related if you can, and google beforehand how they are handling Russian accounts, if necessary.

AND:
the topic is a bit inappropriate in this section here. I'm not sure if you can do this on your own, but you could possibly ask a Mod if he/she could move it to the Offtopic section

Reactions: randal_bond