• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

AmyAstral0

AmyAstral0

Jan 7, 2024
the UK's politics are pushing trans people further into danger, and it's tearing me apart. i don't think its much of a surprise, but if either of the top 2 parties win (for those outside the UK, labour is our ver of democrats, and tories are our republicans), trans people (myself included) are fucked, and if Reform (the biggest new party that's not the main 2) win i'm also fucked. i don't see how we're supposed to live when our rights are being constantly stripped from us, and both of the top parties will result in totally fucking us over

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: motoko_s9, Praestat_Mori, Hotsackage and 4 others
Eternal Eyes

Eternal Eyes

UK. Feel free to PM me.
Dec 3, 2023
Just because something is mentioned in a manifesto doesn't necessarily mean it will become reality. I am not trans at all, but it's a strangely right wing stance Labour appear to have taken. Presumably to try and bag "terf" votes while they assume most trans will still vote labour anyway. I would imagine a decent deal of Labour MPs will not have Starmer's stance.

I gave up on this country long ago tbh, I don't feel represented at all. I am sorry for your struggle however.

• Love
Reactions: AmyAstral0 and Saturn_
S

sickofthisht

Jul 2, 2024
Labour will win, it's almost certain.

Really hope that this doesn't impact you too badly.

• Love
Reactions: AmyAstral0
AmyAstral0

AmyAstral0

Jan 7, 2024
Just because something is mentioned in a manifesto doesn't necessarily mean it will become reality. I am not trans at all, but it's a strangely right wing stance Labour appear to have taken. Presumably to try and bag "terf" votes while they assume most trans will still vote labour anyway. I would imagine a decent deal of Labour MPs will not have Starmer's stance.

I gave up on this country long ago tbh, I don't feel represented at all. I am sorry for your struggle however.
yeah, it feels like Starmer is trying to pander for as many votes as possible, which is just resulting in a total mess of a party presentation. my local area's labour MP was transphobic, but i think she dropped out, so i'm hoping for a better one if they win
Labour will win, it's almost certain.

Really hope that this doesn't impact you too badly.
yeah, i'm betting on that to be honest, and thank you

Reactions: Eternal Eyes
ToastInTheShell

ToastInTheShell

Professional Idiot
Mar 17, 2024
Labour will defo win, and they are the lesser evil. The Tories are using "trans the gay away" rhetoric and want to ban gender education from schools, whilst Labour wanna ban conversion therapy. They aren't much better though. Whilst the Conservatives wanted to use "The Trans Debate" as an opportunity for point scoring, Labour didn't want to touch the issue with a 6 foot pole.

Both parties would act on the Cass Review; which made a lot of suggestions for the NHS that its likely to adopt. It was against any biological and even social transitioning for under 18s and Yale's law school recently picked it apart and found numerous faults, though I doubt the media will give a shit.

Mind you, its better than Reform who want no transitioning of any kind. The Greens and Lib Dems are more progressive than either of the main parties, and even advocate for self-ID, but their influence in parliament won't amount to much, as always, even with the thrashing the Tories are gonna receive. Reform will get a lot of votes, but their support is pretty spread out so I doubt they'll get many seats.

TL;DR: don't worry too much, Labour are an improvement over the Conservatives (even if it's not by very much). In fact, they're pretty uninterested in us, so in terms of new oppressive laws, we're likely to be left alone (to a degree).

Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
First up, I'm a member of the Labour party. I'm not active these days but I do know that on issues like LGBTQ+ rights, especially Trans rights, the issue is multi layered and complex. First, there's the need to win seats in order to win the majority. Then there's the extremely diverse party membership, which is different to almost every other party because it brings together people from such varied backgrounds. Obviously, Labour started as the party for workers and then took on social issues so liberalism doesn't always come naturally. But the party is also home to feminists who have done amazing work in the past for which we should all be grateful but have become sick on this issue - and also feminists like myself who view Trans rights as an extension of and not a barrier to women's rights. Then there's others caucuses within the party who aren't particularly liberal about anything to do with LGBTQ+ issues. Other groups who believe that the only focus should be their issues. Others who think that some issues should be left to individuals to decide for themselves and it shouldn't be party policy at all. So it's not as simple as pointing to one person who happens to be the leader and saying "if be becomes PM then X, Y or Z".

I haven't said any of this to get into a debate about any kind of politics. I've made my stance clear. I don't have a hotline to anyone influential! I know what it was like, banging our heads against a brick wall trying to get LGBT policy passed at party conference, never mind legislation. But we slowly chipped away and we slowly won. And I believe that will happen with Trans rights, too. But it won't while we have a Tory government. It took a Labour government to lead the change on gender, race, disability and sexuality. It will take a Labour government to do the same for Trans and non binary people. It won't be easy. It never is. It won't be linear progress, either. But it will happen, despite the opposition, because no matter how long it takes, Trans people aren't going anywhere. You're in our families and communities and workplaces and sports teams and social groups and on our TVs and radios and I'm the supermarket queues and sitting next to us at school and on the bus and serving in shops and making us laugh and sharing your stories and slowly, slowly eroding the ignorance and bigotry.

M

motoko_s9

Jul 2, 2024
the UK's politics are pushing trans people further into danger, and it's tearing me apart. i don't think its much of a surprise, but if either of the top 2 parties win (for those outside the UK, labour is our ver of democrats, and tories are our republicans), trans people (myself included) are fucked, and if Reform (the biggest new party that's not the main 2) win i'm also fucked. i don't see how we're supposed to live when our rights are being constantly stripped from us, and both of the top parties will result in totally fucking us over
The situation with Labour seems strange since there are no votes in transphobia. I suspect that this may therefore be more about pleasing key influencers. I think religion may have a lot to do with this. I think the UK is under a lot of religious influence which may also explain the UK's nanny state stance on suicide.
A good indication of religious influence in the UK is effectively having a state religion and bishops in the House of Lords etc.

Last edited: