Raminiki

Raminiki

Iustitia Mortuus
Jun 12, 2020
How was your experience dealing with disability assessments in the UK, and what was the outcome?

I undertook my first reassessment yesterday in a telephone consultation. It was ATOS. Never have I felt more utterly violated in my life. It may be the final straw for me.

I need to know what others have experienced in order to analyse the awful intrusive questions I was forced to answer, if it's general practice, or I was subjected to a particularly cruel individual. I'm fairly certain it's read off a script, and I am deeply disturbed by the information that was demanded of me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, TooConscious, Brink and 2 others
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
Are you talking about the PIP assessment or something else??

Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020

Those thing's truely are a bitch, I was lucky and didn't even have an assement or interview to be awarded it. I have read horror stories that you can be in hell and unable to communicate properly, with no eye contact etc , but on the review forms, they will say you chatted perfectly with perfect eye contact (just an example!)
They do read from a script, and they write their own answers, not what you say, BUT I have been told you have to inform them of your worst day but times by ten, then they may just may get it right on the forms of how you are.
Can I ask what you are going for PIP under? I do know they are getting stricter as so many are claiming it for depression as a easy way to get more money, meaning the genuine cases are finding it harder and harder

Reactions: TooConscious and Raminiki
Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
After claiming, it took six months for them to start payment, but they paid from the first day I claimed. Claim ASAP, as the sooner you put your name down, the more money you'll get if you're approved

Reactions: TooConscious
Raminiki

Raminiki

Iustitia Mortuus
Jun 12, 2020
Those thing's truely are a bitch, I was lucky and didn't even have an assement or interview to be awarded it. I have read horror stories that you can be in hell and unable to communicate properly, with no eye contact etc , but on the review forms, they will say you chatted perfectly with perfect eye contact (just an example!)
They do read from a script, and they write their own answers, not what you say, BUT I have been told you have to inform them of your worst day but times by ten, then they may just may get it right on the forms of how you are.
Can I ask what you are going for PIP under? I do know they are getting stricter as so many are claiming it for depression as a easy way to get more money, meaning the genuine cases are finding it harder and harder
Major depressive disorder - 20 years of it.
Generalised anxiety disorder - 20 years of it.
Panic attacks - 20 years of it.
Seasonal affective disorder - 10 years of it.
Reynauds syndrome - from birth.
Autism - from birth, diagnosed 2018.
Emotionally unstable personality disorder - diagnosed 2016.
Bipolar disorder - symptoms from 2008, diagnosed 2019.
Suicidality - 15 years of it.

Apparently that's not good enough to bypass rigorous interrogation and deliberate verbal traps to 'catch me out' or excuse themselves responsibility for my care needs.

• Aww..
Reactions: TooConscious, MrBlue, Brink and 2 others
Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
Have a friend who passed it 10 years ago, he has many MH issues and is also disabled (one leg missing) he still has to prove every 6 months he still only has one leg.

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: TooConscious, puppy9 and Lostandlooking
Raminiki

Raminiki

Iustitia Mortuus
Jun 12, 2020
After claiming, it took six months for them to start payment, but they paid from the first day I claimed. Claim ASAP, as the sooner you put your name down, the more money you'll get if you're approved
I started my claim in late 2016, this was my three year reassessment. I have informed them I have lifelong conditions that will not change or improve. Honestly, if I can be expected to be subjected to a thorough criminal investigation and morally questionable interrogation tactics disguised as care and concern for my needs every three years, I'll be making my exit soon. Not only that, penalisation for having, and a veiled threat for the removal of, my driving license, phishing for information about my use of social media in order to spy on me, penalisation for owning a therapy animal, penalisation for trying to better myself through college, penalisation should there be a single food store within local distance of my home. It's Orwellian. Independent Assessment Services - Ministry of Love from 1984.
Have a friend who passed it 10 years ago, he has many MH issues and is also disabled (one leg missing) he still has to prove every 6 months he still only has one leg.
I am truly sorry. It's quite simply persecution, and harassment.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Ashu, TooConscious, Lostandlooking and 1 other person
Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
I started my claim in late 2016, this was my three year reassessment. I have informed them I have lifelong conditions that will not change or improve. Honestly, if I can be expected to be subjected to a thorough criminal investigation and morally questionable interrogation tactics disguised as care and concern for my needs every three years, I'll be making my exit soon. Not only that, but being threatened with the removal of my driving license, phishing for information about my use of social media in order to spy on me, penalisation for owning a therapy animal, penalisation for trying to better myself through college, penalisation should there be a single food store within local distance of my home. It's Orwellian. Independent Assessment Services - Ministry of Love from 1984.

I am truly sorry. It's quite simply persecution, and harassment.
It's quite funny when he slams his false leg on desk and says no it's not fu*king grown back.

• Yay!
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Skathon, TooConscious and 4 others
Raminiki

Raminiki

Iustitia Mortuus
Jun 12, 2020
It was also demanded of me to provide full disclosure of my suicide plan, to prove I authentically wish to die.

I described the full process of inert gas hypoxia. I would have added methemglobinaemia by sodium nitrite poisoning had I not broken down in emotional sobbing by that point.

I specifically explained in my notes that I'm phobic of telephones and was still forced into an hour and a half long interrogation, lest I be immediately sanctioned. After telling the assessor I do not answer unexpected calls from unknown callers, they deliberately called back after concluding the interrogation to 'catch me out'. My carer answered for me.

Incredibly, after that was concluded I was called another four times by a private number that left no voice mail messages to explain who and why I was being called. I never receive random calls because I do not use my phone as a phone, at all, unless there is absolutely no other option, and suddenly four in one day? I'm convinced it was deliberate persecution to 'catch me out' answering the phone. Result: my phobia is infinitely worse.

I have received no further unknown calls after the day of my assessment. Because no voice mail was left, I have no evidence that it was them calling. Which is of course why they never left messages.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ashu, TooConscious, Lostandlooking and 1 other person
Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020
I went through the PIP assessment for the first time earlier in the year... The stress of the interview made my mental health worse. I did actually have a decent assessor though who listened to me.

Reactions: Ashu, TooConscious and GravityUtilizer
GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
How likely d'you think it is to get it from being on UC Limited Capability?

Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020
How likely d'you think it is to get it from being on UC Limited Capability?

They say stuff like they look for different things, but some of it does overlap. You might as well apply. But you need to explain in great detail what you struggle with and why, and ideally get help from an outside agency to help you fill it in. They will know the best wording to use.

Reactions: TooConscious and GravityUtilizer
Raminiki

Raminiki

Iustitia Mortuus
Jun 12, 2020
I went through the PIP assessment for the first time earlier in the year... The stress of the interview made my mental health worse. I did actually have a decent assessor though who listened to me.
My mental health has been brought to an all new low by this. I am not a criminal or subhuman because I'm disabled and mentally ill, but that is how I'm treated by ATOS / 'Minilove'. There is no way I can cope with undergoing these investigations regularly for the rest of my life. It's abuse. It's persecution. It's legally enforced oppression masked as 'care'. It will end me. They will push me to suicide as viscerally as if they physically took hold and threw me off a cliff. They excuse themselves this manslaughter of the vulnerable by doing it indirectly and from a distance.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ashu, Thisgirlwantstosleep, TooConscious and 1 other person
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
OMG I am just catching up with this, how bloody awful for you, I was due my first review next august, but due to covid it's been put off until May 2022, which is a major relief,
I am sure I read some were that they are not allowed to discriminate against mental health, Ill have a dig and see if i can refind the article, because to me that is exactly what they are doing to you
They say stuff like they look for different things, but some of it does overlap. You might as well apply. But you need to explain in great detail what you struggle with and why, and ideally get help from an outside agency to help you fill it in. They will know the best wording to use.

I agree without side agency helping, I had a social worker do mine, they spoke to her on the phone and I never got an interview, just got awarded

Wtf!!! that's bloody nasty of them

Reactions: TooConscious and GravityUtilizer
K

Kruger

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
I have been waiting since June for an assessment. I did my research and found out about the corruotion, falsified reports, etc. So when they called me, I said i would be recording te call and they got very twitchy. They said in that case they couldnt do the assessment and I'd have to wait for a face to face asessment whether they could also record it on their side. Heard nothing since.
I'm already a veteran of NHS corruption and knew this would be no different- remember, their job is NOT to give to anything and to save the govt. money. Never for a minute think they are on your side. As an aside, I always covertly record NHS appointments - legally you do not need their consent in that particular context - I have a ton of evidence of corruption but cant do anything with it because PHSO is also corrupt.

Reactions: Ashu, TooConscious and Raminiki
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I have been waiting since June for an assessment. I did my research and found out about the corruotion, falsified reports, etc. So when they called me, I said i would be recording te call and they got very twitchy. They said in that case they couldnt do the assessment and I'd have to wait for a face to face asessment whether they could also record it on their side. Heard nothing since.
I'm already a veteran of NHS corruption and knew this would be no different- remember, their job is NOT to give to anything and to save the govt. money. Never for a minute think they are on your side. As an aside, I always covertly record NHS appointments - legally you do not need their consent in that particular context - I have a ton of evidence of corruption but cant do anything with it because PHSO is also corrupt.

out interest did they just carry on yours or has it been held off etc?

Raminiki

Raminiki

Iustitia Mortuus
Jun 12, 2020
I recorded all of the telephone consultation but did not disclose that I was doing so. I wish I had. If this all goes to war over a falsified report, I imagine they'll find a way to discredit my evidence. I don't know if I value my continued existence enough to even bother fighting for justice. The world doesn't work that way. Don't participate in the fallacy, just exit the game. You cannot win it.

K

Kruger

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
I recorded all of the telephone consultation but did not disclose that I was doing so. I wish I had. If this all goes to war over a falsified report, I imagine they'll find a way to discredit my evidence. I don't know if I value my continued existence enough to even bother fighting for justice. The world doesn't work that way. Don't participate in the fallacy, just exit the game. You cannot win it.
To make it legally admissable you have to declare it. If you don't it's unlawful and cannot be used as evidence. Phone calls that is. But yes, it's not like our evidence would ever bring them to account because the entire system is corrupt

Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
To make it legally admissable you have to declare it. If you don't it's unlawful and cannot be used as evidence. Phone calls that is. But yes, it's not like our evidence would ever bring them to account because the entire system is corrupt
They tend to hang up if you tell them. Then you get a snotty letter from a jumped up manager

• Hmph!
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Very good advice, it really is a disgusting system. Drug barons who nothings wrong with know all the right things to say and claim every penny to add to their millions while genuine suffer. I hate this world re cretins who fake it and the cretins who have no empathy therfore no business being an assessor.
Ifi has proper grammar you write exactly my thoughts. I know how bad you're feeling and hope we fix it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Raminiki
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I had the PIP assessment and it was okay. It was before lock down and a lady visited my house. There were no surprises because I'd downloaded the criteria they use to assess and already asked myself all the questions to prepare. They have a points scoring system and if you are prepared, it's possible to make sure you get the most favourable assessment whilst still being honest with them, but not missing anything out.
However, if you've already been through it, that's a moot point. As it's now all moved to phone calls too I can see it potentially being more problematic.
And yes, if you record someone's call, you have to declare it for it to be admissible. Most companies will insist that they record you, but will not let you record them.

Here are a couple of links for the points scoring. This may be a little late for you if you have already had the assessment. Is there an appeals process you can engage with?

Last edited:
Raminiki

Raminiki

Iustitia Mortuus
Jun 12, 2020
I had the PIP assessment and it was okay. It was before lock down and a lady visited my house. There were no surprises because I'd downloaded the criteria they use to assess and already asked myself all the questions to prepare. They have a points scoring system and if you are prepared, it's possible to make sure you get the most favourable assessment whilst still being honest with them, but not missing anything out.
However, if you've already been through it, that's a moot point. As it's now all moved to phone calls too I can see it potentially being more problematic.
And yes, if you record someone's call, you have to declare it for it to be admissible. Most companies will insist that they record you, but will not let you record them.

Here are a couple of links for the points scoring. This may be a little late for you if you have already had the assessment. Is there an appeals process you can engage with?

I've taken advice from citizen's advice and been through the process before. They've introduced some unethical shady practices since then I couldn't have anticipated, questions outwith the guidance that had nothing to do with my personal care needs. Traps. Trickery. Phishing. I get a decision in 6 - 8 weeks and may need to appeal then. After the way I was treated in the consultation, I anticipate unfair assessment and exaggerations or misinterpretation if not outright lies in the report.

I will do all I can to prepare for such an outcome, but there is so little support available for vulnerable individuals like me, I don't have much hope. My medical team will be informed, citizens advice and a mental health charity, and failing that I may write to my local government representative. Should I exhaust all options, I'll take it as proof I'm not welcome or valued anymore and arrange a ticket for the final bus. Life isn't worth the unrewarded struggle.

Thank you for your input.

• Hugs
Reactions: TooConscious and Deleted member 1465
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I've taken advice from citizen's advice and been through the process before. They've introduced some unethical shady practices since then I couldn't have anticipated, questions outwith the guidance that had nothing to do with my personal care needs. Traps. Trickery. Phishing. I get a decision in 6 - 8 weeks and may need to appeal then. After the way I was treated in the consultation, I anticipate unfair assessment and exaggerations or misinterpretation if not outright lies in the report.

I will do all I can to prepare for such an outcome, but there is so little support available for vulnerable individuals like me, I don't have much hope. My medical team will be informed, citizens advice and a mental health charity, and failing that I may write to my local government representative. Should I exhaust all options, I'll take it as proof I'm not welcome or valued anymore and arrange a ticket for the final bus. Life isn't worth the unrewarded struggle.

Thank you for your input.
I'm sorry i couldn't be of more help. It sounds like you are well informed and on the case. I hope it works out and you get a favourable result.

• Hugs
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Very true... Going by the points system only helps if the assessor has a conscience.... My gran is mentally and physically disabled and the assessor outright lied on her forms to cut her money so it was lucky relatives helped her she had to go job centre at 63 in a wheelchair because of this evil cow who lied to her face my gran said thanks very much for your help (because she's overly nice) the woman said "don't you worry your money won't change... Within a month she was declared fit for work and forced to go job centre luckily relative got her to regular esa but her dla is stopped so they have more in the pot to give to people who don't need it like drug barons faking claims it disgusts that its allowed to happen the human species should be wiped out if God existed or aliens with empathy we'd be long gone this scum evil species.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ashu, Raminiki and Deleted member 1465
Raminiki

Raminiki

Iustitia Mortuus
Jun 12, 2020
Agreed. The people that take a job like this have no compassion or conscience, no integrity, no honesty. Those that have any goodness in them and are forced to ask people how exactly they're going to kill themselves, they're going to be as traumatised by that as the victim. You don't walk out of a job like this, you're probably psychopathic and the very criminal you're trying to label the sick and disabled as.

Scapegoating.

• Hugs
Reactions: TooConscious and Deleted member 1465
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I despise the system and it's games.