FluffyDove

FluffyDove

Experienced
May 11, 2020
Can anyone recommend me a brand pretty please?

Thankyou

M

mimo5555

May 27, 2020
Ranitidine. I believe it is available OTC in the UK under the name Zantac.

M

mimo5555

May 27, 2020
nexium which is actually better than omeprazole but was taken off prescription and made over the counter.

Nexium is a PPI and their efficacy for SN has been disputed.

Reactions: Quarky00
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
nexium which is actually better than omeprazole but was taken off prescription and made over the counter.
No . PPIs (nexium , omperazole) not recommended .

Why PPI not a solution?May interfere with SN effects -- according research [1] [2]

2) Acid-regulators
What they do:Unlike antacids they reduce acid creation beforehand
Which should I use?H2-receptor antagonists only
Which I should not use?Proton pump inhibitors (PPI) do not work. Don't use them .
  • Check medication ingredients and google to check if it's PPI .
What if I'm already taking acid-regulators?If PPI used regularly, as part of health treatment –
  • Continue your PPI as normal (don't use antacids or acid-regulators) .
If PPI used occasionally –
  • you can try to replace it with acid-regulators listed below (test it).
Known acid-regulators:Cimetidine/Tagamet, Rantidine/Zantac, Famotidine
Other Questions
Which should I use?Either is fine, whatever you want.
Can I use antacids and acid-regulators together?Probably not good to mix.
Wiki says not to use acid-regulatorsStan recommended plain antacid, and gave acid-regulators which should work as well.
The wiki reference was deemed incomprehensible (here, here, here)

Last edited:
Reactions: eeyore9128
C

ceelo

Experienced
May 18, 2020
My bad i was just looking at it as an effective antacid :pfff:

L

Lovestolearn

Jan 2, 2021
No . PPIs (nexium , omperazole) not recommended .

Why PPI not a solution?May interfere with SN effects -- according research [1] [2]

2) Acid-regulators
What they do:Unlike antacids they reduce acid creation beforehand
Which should I use?H2-receptor antagonists only
Which I should not use?Proton pump inhibitors (PPI) do not work. Don't use them .
  • Check medication ingredients and google to check if it's PPI .
What if I'm already taking acid-regulators?If PPI used regularly, as part of health treatment –
  • Continue your PPI as normal (don't use antacids or acid-regulators) .
If PPI used occasionally –
  • you can try to replace it with acid-regulators listed below (test it).
Known acid-regulators:Cimetidine/Tagamet, Rantidine/Zantac, Famotidine
Other Questions
Which should I use?Either is fine, whatever you want.
Can I use antacids and acid-regulators together?Probably not good to mix.
Wiki says not to use acid-regulatorsStan recommended plain antacid, and gave acid-regulators which should work as well.
The wiki reference was deemed incomprehensible (here, here, here)
I want to take nexium in order to get rid of really bad indigestion but that's means I would finish the 2 week nexium pack like 3 days before my ctb. Is that OK? Or would the nexium still be in my system and effect the sn?

BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
'Ranitidine is not currently available in the UK. There is an ongoing investigation into whether some ingredients can increase the risk of cancer. All supplies have been stopped until the medicine is shown to be safe.'

- NHS

:aw:

L

loopylou

Learn to fly
Jan 11, 2021
'Ranitidine is not currently available in the UK. There is an ongoing investigation into whether some ingredients can increase the risk of cancer. All supplies have been stopped until the medicine is shown to be safe.'

- NHS

They sell it in Wilkinson

M

makingsure4

Student
Jan 6, 2021
Why does the newest version of ppeh say omeprazole is fine to take for SN and Stan says No. Was Stan a doctor? And I guess because the new sight has changed forums it is not linking to the "research". I know Stan was very beloved on SS and I certainly mean no disrespect but we clearly have conflicting information. And ppeh crew there is a dr. Not that they know everything... and maybe they don't give all the "info" but they do now at least include one ap as an ae and maybe for people who get on their forum those questions are answered.

H

HopelessFight

Warlock
Jan 31, 2021

- NHS

Same in Belgium. It's still OTC available in The Netherlands however, so still very easy to get here. Might be harder for the UK since Brexit.

Gonjoolie

Gonjoolie

Student
Feb 5, 2021
Why does the newest version of ppeh say omeprazole is fine to take for SN and Stan says No. Was Stan a doctor? And I guess because the new sight has changed forums it is not linking to the "research". I know Stan was very beloved on SS and I certainly mean no disrespect but we clearly have conflicting information. And ppeh crew there is a dr. Not that they know everything... and maybe they don't give all the "info" but they do now at least include one ap as an ae and maybe for people who get on their forum those questions are answered.
Stan's guide is still very good, but it's a little old at this point so some of the information may be outdated. We know a lot more about the sn method and how it works nowadays compared to the end of 2019