O

orangepulp

Oct 30, 2019
A good way? My options are limited. Could be found and end up with brain damage?

Reactions: ERASED, tryingtoescape and TheRaul95
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
Being found with any method is bad news.

I've been keeping a similar method for a backup, as a second choice. Over the counter sleeping pills and a turkey bag, as taught in Final Exit. Sceptical I'll sleep through the lack of fresh air, but willing to try it, with nothing to lose.

Reactions: ERASED
O

orangepulp

Oct 30, 2019

I've been keeping a similar method for a backup, as a second choice. Over the counter sleeping pills and a turkey bag, as taught in Final Exit. Sceptical I'll sleep through the lack of fresh air, but willing to try it, with nothing to lose.
True. Do you know how long it takes to die? I've tested doing it while concious to see how long it takes to run out of air but I never seem to run out of air, tbf I don't try that long cos it so hot in the bag.

Reactions: ERASED
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
True. Do you know how long it takes to die? I've tested doing it while concious to see how long it takes to run out of air but I never seem to run out of air, tbf I don't try that long cos it so hot in the bag.

I can't imagine it being long. Maybe ten minutes. I've spent ages inside bags and I can tell you the lack of air becomes a problem relatively quickly. With any mature approach, assuming you're not going to be found anytime soon, this question is less of an issue, more of a certainty.

Reactions: Mare Tranquillitatis
EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Part Time NEET - Full Time Suicidal
Mar 29, 2020

I failed using this method on my very first suicide attempt but frankly it was my own fault. I had tested bags on myself several times beforehand(without inert gas) and found it to be extremely painful/uncomfortable so I figured I'd have to take sleeping pills to make it somewhat bearable.

I was going to tape the bag over my neck and handcuff my hands to the sink & I guess it would've succeeded had I not actually gone with the pills. I took alcohol and several bottles of sleeping pills plus paracetamol before even getting the bag on which quickly led to massive vomiting & becoming paralyzed. I drifted in and out of consciousness being unable to move at all but I did manage to see interesting ripples in my vision from all the drugs so that was something I suppose!

An exit bag is not a method I'd go with unless you actually have a inert gas like Helium to go with it. If it's your only option like it was for me at the time then I can't say I'd blame anyone for trying.

Reactions: SpottedPanda
Lost_the_will2_live

Lost_the_will2_live

11:11
Feb 25, 2020
I lost a friend who ctb this way ☹️ Still think about him suffering I hope he wasn't in too much pain or struggling at the end.

• Hugs
Reactions: tryingtoescape
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
Search results

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/search/331630/?q=Bag+benzos&o=relevance

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020

You're surprised that you never seem to run out of air, but you always abort each test because it becomes too hot in the bag? :))

I failed using this method on my very first suicide attempt but frankly it was my own fault. I had tested bags on myself several times beforehand(without inert gas) and found it to be extremely painful/uncomfortable so I figured I'd have to take sleeping pills to make it somewhat bearable.

I was going to tape the bag over my neck and handcuff my hands to the sink & I guess it would've succeeded had I not actually gone with the pills. I took alcohol and several bottles of sleeping pills plus paracetamol before even getting the bag on which quickly led to massive vomiting & becoming paralyzed. I drifted in and out of consciousness being unable to move at all but I did manage to see interesting ripples in my vision from all the drugs so that was something I suppose!

An exit bag is not a method I'd go with unless you actually have a inert gas like Helium to go with it. If it's your only option like it was for me at the time then I can't say I'd blame anyone for trying.

Well yeah, that anecdote provides many examples of what not to do.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
You're surprised that you never seem to run out of air, but you always abort each test because it becomes too hot in the bag? :))

Well yeah, that anecdote provides many examples of what not to do.

Polish 20200627 000856468

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/attachments/polish_20200627_000856468-jpg.38178/

LOL, ironically I think you technically came closer to labeling that member as 'dumb' in your criticism of me than I ever did in my response to them! :))

L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
I'm not ganging up on you but I guess I just feel a need to speak up where I feel a new member might not feel comfortable doing so. I apologize for speaking in defense of anyone who prefers I don't.
When someone is criticized for their ctb attempt, it come across as calling them stupid, even in sarcasm. They had a serious discussion about their attempts which I'm sure is hard enough to talk about .. but they should feel safe expressing it here without criticism. People really do "shut down" when they feel embarrassed and stop sharing their stories when they're worried they'll encounter certain responses. Some have even posted with a disclaimer asking to not be ridiculed bcuz they've seen it happen and they are now nervous to be open on this forum.

I know you enjoy sarcasm and humor, it's very funny in the right circumstance, but it does feel demeaning in context like this.

anyway a reminder that you have made your share of mistakes and I'm sure wouldn't have wanted anyone poking fun at you for them.

• Love
Reactions: Abgrundanziehung, orangepulp, Nachos and 1 other person