nameeater

nameeater

the one with many regrets
Nov 21, 2021
hi! i'm sorry if this is dumb but i'm planning to ctb via full suspension hanging, but i'm worried about:

1. not tying the knot to the hook correctly
2. the noose being at a bad height and my feet will touch the floor (i'm 5'2 so not super tall but i'm still worried)

i've tested the rope i plan to use and it seems to support my weight just fine (52~ kg, 115~ lbs) but i'd really appreciate some help and advice surrounding the points above

(also i'm posting this on mobile and it's not letting me tag it sorry)

D

Duality

Harmony in Duality
May 27, 2023
A slipknot on both ends should work fine. This type of knot will tighten by itself with the pressure you'll place on it. It's hard to explain in words so I'd look up some videos, and then you should see what I mean.

The height issue you can mitigate by standing on a stool and adjusting the height of the rope from there. The stool should give you that buffer, i.e. if you step off the stool with your head in the noose, theoretically your feet should be around the same height as if you were still on the stool.

I'd test the hook/anchor point as well, not just the rope.

Here is a megathread of helpful info. It does say to use a necktie, but I would advise against this as I would not trust it to hold your weight.