NormaJeane

NormaJeane

Mar 24, 2021
Suffocation means that the brain does not get enough oxygen. Lack of oxygen in the brain quickly leads to unconsciousness and death. Suffocation can be caused by physical obstruction of the air entering the lungs, because the air has too low oxygen content or contains toxins that prevent oxygen transport.

In 2009, two unusual suicides occured in the USA: asphyxiation by occulsion of nose and mouth by duct tape. Two men was found dead with tape over mouth and nose. A 47-year old man was found dead in his basement. The man had tape over his mouth and nose like a mask. The deceased´s hands were loosley tied behind his back with thin rope that had two slip knots. Several suicide notes were found at the scene. A 52-year old man was found dead by a hotel maid in his room. His head and face had been tightly wrapped with duct tape. There was no other binding.

Tape nose and mouth will lead to death because no air can entering the lungs. The method is cheap, simple, available, reliable but not peaceful. Voluntarily: take sleeping pills or/and alcohol in advance.

1. Insert cotton in the nose and a plastic bag over the hair.
2. Use a thick and strong tape.
3. Cut the tape into reasonably long pieces.
4. Tape over the nose and try to get an airtight seal.
5. Tape over the mouth and around the face and the head.
6. Is it possible to tie the hands behind the back with a rope?
7. What happens now - panic and desperation?
8. The heart rate will increase, abnormal fatigue and nausea can occur.
9. You will faint within 2 - 4 minutes.
10. You will become unconscious, suffer from seizures and paralysis.
11. Suffocation will occur slowly - in the absence of oxygen, death will occur within 11 - 30 minutes.
12. How can this method fail?

Reactions: It'sNotLookingGood
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I guess if I get desperate, it is always an option but it does sound like an awful way to go. It certainly isn't one of the most popular ways to ctb.

Reactions: Mare Imbrium
BeyondGoodNEvil

BeyondGoodNEvil

Jun 22, 2020
seems like effort
use plastic bag place it overhead duct tape tight around neck thats it
still how do people pull this off
someone has to tie your hands.
you have to have some commitment to die this way
like the Vietnamese monk that set itself ablaze and didnt flinch whiles burning

NormaJeane

NormaJeane

Mar 24, 2021
seems like effort
use plastic bag place it overhead duct tape tight around neck thats it
still how do people pull this off
someone has to tie your hands.
you have to have some commitment to die this way
like the Vietnamese monk that set itself ablaze and didnt flinch whiles burning
Why do I have to tie the hands? The man who died at the hotel with tape over nose and mouth had no binding on his hands. Think about it: can I endure terrible pain for 2 - 4 minutes before I will be unconscious instead of suffer 50 more years in hell in life?

Reactions: Life is pointless
logan

logan

Warlock
May 20, 2021
I think that is almost impossible to endure. Our respiratory instinct is too strong.

D

Drimacus

Student
Jun 9, 2021
It is very difficult to do this without tying your hands, because of the hypercapnic alarm response.

NormaJeane

NormaJeane

Mar 24, 2021
I think that is almost impossible to endure. Our respiratory instinct is too strong.
You think that is almost impossible to endure - and yet others have succeeded in committing suicide this way. But you are comparing with peaceful suicide methods and peaceful suicide methods can fail. There were no peaceful deaths before our modern medicine and modern society!