FunkoGatito

FunkoGatito

May death's cold hand be softer than the men's.
Oct 22, 2023
Hi, readers. I think this is a good place to write about this. I will try to make this short, no worries.
On may 27th 2022, my boyfriend, Bastien, left to "go on a walk". He was found 3 days later. He hung himself in the forest. I tried to kill myself after. I was 17, I'm 18 now. On august 14th or 15th, one of my best friends, Braxton, killed himself in the psych ward. We used to be boyfriends, before I moved 4 hours away from my hometown. I learned about it at the beginning of October. Nobody told me. I was confused, because I hadn't heard from him in a long time, so I texted his sister and she told me. Nobody told me... I haven't cried for him yet. I want to, but my eyes just don't make tears anymore I think? Yesterday (it's 4am right now so it's technically yesterday) on October 21rst, a client told me I wouldn't see her again, because she was going to kill herself. I don't know her name, nor her address. I talked with her, offered to call the hospital for her, etc. I could've said a lot of things, but I didn't know what to say. I told her I would wait for her Friday, my next shift there. She shook my hand. I gave her a hug and she cried. I hope she'll come.
I'm just so lost in all of this. Another one of my friends drowned on june 23rd. His name is Meryl. It hurts a lot. I don't know how to live with that. It's so heavy. Maybe I'm just a magnet to death, I don't know.
I made a drawing of me and my 3 friends, it's not done, but it's simple and I love it. I'll try to add it to the post. This was my first post here.

Attachments

• IMG_20230925_012857_921.jpg
    IMG_20230925_012857_921.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: kettlevinbarq, deathxo, Liminal1 and 5 others
C

conflagration

Student
Jul 29, 2022
Are you psychotherapist?

Reactions: lopsidedcrawdad1
Cage

Cage

Unwitting Baas
Sep 18, 2023
First off I'm really sorry for all your losses. Second, no, I don't think you're a magnet for death. Tons of people experience many losses in their lives, and it's not unusual to experience a lot of them in a short amount of time. I've been pretty lucky not to experience too much death but I've known plenty of people who've gone through similar stuff to you, so you're not some unusual case study at all.

It's extremely hard dealing with loss, especially when it's a suicide or an accident, but almost everyone experiences that grief at some point in their lives, and we all struggle to find a reason to keep going after it. It's part of the human experience, really.

If you ever want someone to talk about it with, I'm just a message away :)

I'm not a licensed therapist or anything but I think what you did with your client was very good. You gave her the space to let it all out without antagonizing her or anything, which is a lot more than can be said for a lot of the therapists described on here. I hope for your sake she returns in one piece next week :)

I like your drawing! The lighting and shading give it a sort of nostalgic/eerie vibe, which I guess is what you were going for. Very well-drawn overall, I like it :D

Reactions: randal_bond
MeowTheFlemishCat

MeowTheFlemishCat

"The snake that cannot shed its skin perishes"
Mar 3, 2023
"Life doesn't forgive weakness" ~ A.H

Reactions: OverBeforeStart and randal_bond
R

randal_bond

Me encantaria practicar ES con Hispanohablantes.
Oct 23, 2018
Hi, readers. I think this is a good place to write about this. I will try to make this short, no worries.
On may 27th 2022, my boyfriend, Bastien, left to "go on a walk". He was found 3 days later. He hung himself in the forest. I tried to kill myself after. I was 17, I'm 18 now. On august 14th or 15th, one of my best friends, Braxton, killed himself in the psych ward. We used to be boyfriends, before I moved 4 hours away from my hometown. I learned about it at the beginning of October. Nobody told me. I was confused, because I hadn't heard from him in a long time, so I texted his sister and she told me. Nobody told me... I haven't cried for him yet. I want to, but my eyes just don't make tears anymore I think? Yesterday (it's 4am right now so it's technically yesterday) on October 21rst, a client told me I wouldn't see her again, because she was going to kill herself. I don't know her name, nor her address. I talked with her, offered to call the hospital for her, etc. I could've said a lot of things, but I didn't know what to say. I told her I would wait for her Friday, my next shift there. She shook my hand. I gave her a hug and she cried. I hope she'll come.
I'm just so lost in all of this. Another one of my friends drowned on june 23rd. His name is Meryl. It hurts a lot. I don't know how to live with that. It's so heavy. Maybe I'm just a magnet to death, I don't know.
I made a drawing of me and my 3 friends, it's not done, but it's simple and I love it. I'll try to add it to the post. This was my first post here.
Bienvenido, Gatito. I can sense your sadness seeping from your post. It may be that your friends that RIP now were attracted to you due to a familiar vibe - the same way as people who come here, are glad that they found those who understand and don't judge. It doesn't mean that you'll keep attracting desperate people. I think they just feel comfortable to be themselves in your company (and they appreciated it).
I noticed your screen name is Spanish? Or Portugese? Do you mind if I ask you where you're from? Of course, nobody here has to answer or to explain ))) That's a great thing about this forum. And for some reason so many here have cat in their name or their profile picture. Don't know what it is about.
Anyway, hugs to you. And you're very talented. I love your drawing, I love your concise style. Amazing how much you said with this drawing alone. Is it done with pencils only? If you ever want to share more of your works, there is a Thread for it. I'd love to see them.
I'm from Ukraine, BTW. Funny to see blue and yellow in your pic.
"Life doesn't forgive weakness" ~ A.H
Just remembered one book with a title "Nice girls don't get jobs". The same sentiment. Who is A.H.?

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
At least those who are gone are at peace now and are unable to suffer. It could never surprise me that so many wish to escape from this pointless and meaningless existence to prevent all future unnecessary suffering.

Reactions: Liminal1