BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I'm really sorry for always being so negative. I feel so, so anxious and paranoid right now. Fuuuuck.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Élégie, KleinerWolf, falloutcarter13 and 5 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Sleeplessness is horrible and brings with it all sorts of problems. I don't know why this is happening to you, but I believe that sleep will come, eventually.
Unfortunately, the harder you try to sleep, the more it will undoubtedly evade you. And medications will only help in the short term, which does have its place, though the long term effects are horrendous.
I can't explain how to get good sleep. This time last year I was sleeping less than an hour a night and that lasted six months or so. I can't begin to explain how that affected me to those who haven't experienced sleep loss that has lasted months.
But eventually I did sleep. How? I'm not entirely sure I can explain how. Certainly not through medication. Rather by listening to my body and allowing my over active mind to do what it needed to do. By being open and not forcing or expecting anything. Sleep is a passive thing and can only be attained by not trying to achieve it.
See? I can't explain it and my experience is of little help. I kind of just stopped caring, accepted that I'd not sleep, gave up...and somehow, over time, slept.
So I can offer no practical help, other than to say sleep will come, it may not be enough, and you may suffer, but it will come enough to keep you alive and vaguely functional.
Good luck.

Reactions: BitterlyAlive and Lorntroubles
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
Don't apologize for your insomnia. It's worse than a thousand deaths. It destroys you. I take sleepings pills almost every night. Sorry for you, hope it gets a little better soon.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: BitterlyAlive, Lorntroubles, Lostandlooking and 1 other person
P

pennylanefinaltake

Aug 7, 2020
You are not being negative. Sleep is crucial to our survival and wellbeing, so the lack of it depletes us of the ability to perform basic tasks and definitely affects our mood. Fellow insomniac here. Wish there is a simple solution for us.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, BitterlyAlive, Lorntroubles and 2 others
L

Lostandlooking

In limbo
Jul 23, 2020
I struggle with sleeping as well. For me it's about stress and how much my system is stressed. It can take a really long time for my body to settle down. Often weeks after a stressful event.

Don't beat yourself up! You're not being negative, insomnia is truly shitty and absolutely awful.

• Aww..
Reactions: BitterlyAlive, Lorntroubles and XYZ
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324417#benefits

Have you ever tried the 4-7-8 breathing technique? It won't hurt to give it a go.
Yes. It didn't really help :/
You are not being negative. Sleep is crucial to our survival and wellbeing, so the lack of it depletes us of the ability to perform basic tasks and definitely affects our mood. Fellow insomniac here. Wish there is a simple solution for us.
Yes, I can't tell if it's the insomnia this week or my meds not working but I've gotten worse. Moving slow, derealization, foggy brain, forgetting basic things and feeling vaguely confused. Still just want to lay in bed all day, isolate myself.

Last edited:
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
2:00 am and I'm still up. Hoping this isn't another unintentional all-nighter. :eh: