San_Miguel

San_Miguel

I Love You
Aug 19, 2023
Hi Friend,

I agree with you that the mystery of the origin of this universe we call home is a great one, and it seems impossible to speculate about what may have caused it to come into being. Left to our own devices, I would predict no human could ever discover the true origin and meaning of its existence.

With that said, I should point out that we were not left to our own devices. The author of the cosmos has revealed himself on several occasions to us meager humans, and those stories have been preserved in the Christian Bible. Maybe you think it's a load of crap written by a bunch of ancient half-wits who knew nothing of science, but you might want to do a bit more research before deciding so. The truth is, many intelligent and thoughtful scientists believe in the bible, including the scientific giants of the 18th and 19th century. Newton, Pascal, Maxwell, and many other early physicists were all believers in an intelligent creator of the universe, and they desired to study and understand it so they could better appreciate God's handiwork. Today, thousands of modern scientists do the same thing, marveling at the bottomless complexity of God's creation.

The fact is, God has introduced Himself to us, and he even came in human form as Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus claimed to be the Almighty God and was crucified for this. If he was just a cult leader making up crazy stories, then his death would have been the end of his story and no religion would have come from him. But, that's not what happened. He was crucified to death, and then was miraculously raised from the dead. His claim of being the creator of the universe, of all the laws of physics and biology, were vindicated. If Jesus was not truly resurrected from the dead, then the entire Christian faith would crumble in an instant. But He was, and all of us today are able to know our creator because of Him. We can have a personal relationship with the person who created our entire world, all because He loved us enough to introduce Himself. I think that's got to be the coolest thing ever!

Maybe you disagree! Tell me your thoughts and I'd be happy to respond! I promise you're not the first person I've met who didn't believe in God, so give me your best shot and I'll see if I have an answer for you :)

Reactions: Touhou