Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I have cut in the past and done that for a few years but the problem is that you need to care for the cuts and bandage them for a while and then you end up with big scars that take years to disappear. Few days ago I tried bruising and I done it 2 times and it seems kind of better. It doesn't leave a mess, I don't need special things to use, it's easier to make excuses... the problem is that it's very loud because I hit my arms against a table. I don't know what other things I could use because they're not as dense and stable as furniture and you can also use bigger force to hit it then if you're using your other hand to hit your other arm. Hope it makes sense but I guess I'm kind of reducing my selfharm but I need to make it quieter.
Progress:
31C1F55B 18F8 45AA AED4 C4151F6D8C50
I feel like bruising before bed also makes me calmer and it's easier for me to fall asleep whereas cutting made me stressed out and filled me with adrenaline.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Deleted member 18655
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i wish i had some advice for you but most things i do are extremely violent and not voluntary

Reactions: Huntfish34
Sarahlynn

Sarahlynn

Deep breath, stand back, it's time.
Aug 19, 2020
I sometimes "twist" my wrist, enough to cause bruising. Hard to hide though, could maybe work for ancles as well? Can't think of any hitting method that is soundless as well. Play some loud music? I also think hitting is "healthier" than cutting as you don't risk infections.

• Love
Reactions: Huntfish34
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Not voluntary? Does your body force you to do something?
i have a psychotic episode where i lack control of every physically and mentally. i will start to bash my head of walls, doors, windows. pull my hair out. hit myself repeatedly. attempt to jump out of moving vehicles. the last time it happened i scratched my leg with a knife. weirdly enough my cat scratched me in about the same spot so theres a 4th mark to the 3 i put there and they all look about the same so i blame the cat.

and god help the person that tries to stop me. i have bitten them, hit them until they were literally black and purple (apparently the yellow color was healing or something idk) i have no emotional feelings towards anyone in that moment. everything just becomes too much for me to handle so thats what i do now sometimes i guess.

i managed to stop it the last time or 2 though
the one voluntary thing i do is cutting.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Nymph
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
like sarahlynn said, i don't think any hitting method is completely silent.

since i keep my nails short, i sometimes drag them down my forearm over and over again until it starts to hurt. i know this isn't exactly hitting yourself, and it risks the chance of giving yourself a scratch, but it's the only thing i can think of.

Reactions: Sarahlynn
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020

since i keep my nails short, i sometimes drag them down my forearm over and over again until it starts to hurt. i know this isn't exactly hitting yourself, and it risks the chance of giving yourself a scratch, but it's the only thing i can think of.
yeah i do this too until i bleed sometimes. i forgot about that.

Reactions: Sarahlynn
Sarahlynn

Sarahlynn

Deep breath, stand back, it's time.
Aug 19, 2020

yeah i do this too until i bleed sometimes. i forgot about that.
I do the nail thing too! Often unconsciously when I am in distress, like I came out of my psych office today and noticed I had kinda deep nail marks in my arms. I do it mosrly to help me "snap out" of things I guess,keep me grounded and not fly off into a panic attack.