bananabear

bananabear

Jan 20, 2020
One of my main reasons not to CTB right now is my animals, I need to care for them. But, one of my sugar gliders just passed away, he was my favourite out of all my animals. I might not be thinking rationally right now but I'm really considering at this point just rehoming all the rest so that I can leave too instead of waiting for them to pass as well. But I'd also worry about the quality of their life after, id feel shitty if they lived terribly after because id given up.

Genuinely feel so shitty right now, I took this guy everywhere with me, he was the only reason I felt comfortable leaving the house most of the time..

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Shakespear's Brother, Brink, starshotplagues and 9 others
UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
Oh, I'm so very sorry.

Try not to make any decisions right now. The fog of grief is a terrible place to navigate, let alone try to think about making major life choices.

Give yourself some time to be with the sadness and to cry. Pets are so important and it's so hard when they go.

What was his/her name?

Reactions: starshotplagues, autumnal, bananabear and 2 others
terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
OP, 'Sugar glider', had to google that, very very cute. I'm really attached to my dog he's really old now i can sort of anticipate how you must be feeling i feel really sorry for you. I hope your other pets give you some comfort. I don't know what to say really, i hope things improve for you your animals love you.

• Hugs
Reactions: bananabear, BlackPoppet and Woodnote
Lost_the_will2_live

Lost_the_will2_live

11:11
Feb 25, 2020
The ONLY reason I am still alive are my three dogs!!

• Hugs
Reactions: Brink, Mr2005, bananabear and 5 others
T

toomuchtimetodie

"to be overly conscious is a sickness"
Mar 13, 2020
I often look after two of my friends dogs and i enjoy their company so much it makes me want to get one but at the same time realize it would tie me down and id feel i had to stick around. Anyone with animals obviously need to find them a loving home before planning any more of this. Regards.

• Hugs
Reactions: bananabear, BlackPoppet and Woodnote
bananabear

bananabear

Jan 20, 2020
Oh, I'm so very sorry.

Try not to make any decisions right now. The fog of grief is a terrible place to navigate, let alone try to think about making major life choices.

Give yourself some time to be with the sadness and to cry. Pets are so important and it's so hard when they go.

What was his/her name?

thanks,
ill try to hold off on immediately jumping to rehoming, but it's hard. i had planned on making a new batch of their food tonight, on one hand i cant just not feed the remaing 3 but on the other.. i cant imagine doing anything right now regarding them at all. even cleaning the cage was too tough

his name was Kumo, cuz theyre really soft and he felt like a cloud which is what kumo means, i usually called him kumocchi though.

• Hugs
Reactions: UpandDownPrincess
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
^
I don't know what this fella would do without me

• Love
Reactions: Lost_the_will2_live
Clut

Clut

Feb 28, 2020
So weird the first post I saw logging in tonight was this. I have 2 cats who are my absolute world and a friend messaged me not long ago to say her beloved cat had died and I've been thinking about how I will cope when mine die. Because I live alone with them, they are my people but I haven't ctb'ed because they both had traumatic lives before I got them and I can't quite fathom unsettling them when I've worked so hard to give them a stable life. I'm so sorry for the loss of your lovely pet and I fully understand your grief. The power of animals is incredible. I hope you don't ctb because I hate to think of people getting to that hopeless point, I hope your other pets can give you strength to continue but of course it is your right as a human to do whatever you feel is necessary. Please just make sure your animals will be cared for if you can't carry on which I am 100% sure you will given your love for them

Reactions: bananabear and Mr2005
O

Otter

Experienced
Feb 10, 2020
thanks,
ill try to hold off on immediately jumping to rehoming, but it's hard. i had planned on making a new batch of their food tonight, on one hand i cant just not feed the remaing 3 but on the other.. i cant imagine doing anything right now regarding them at all. even cleaning the cage was too tough

his name was Kumo, cuz theyre really soft and he felt like a cloud which is what kumo means, i usually called him kumocchi though.
Please take good care of the ones remaining, they don't deserve to suffer from starvation or live in unsanitary conditions. Buck up and don't be selfish... they are your responsibility and they deserve good care (or rehome, if you no longer are able to care for them). They might be greiving, as well!

bananabear

bananabear

Jan 20, 2020
Please take good care of the ones remaining, they don't deserve to suffer from starvation or live in unsanitary conditions. Buck up and don't be selfish... they are your responsibility and they deserve good care (or rehome, if you no longer are able to care for them). They might be greiving, as well!

dont worry, i cleaned their whole cage and washed their fleece bedding, and they still have food for another few days, ill just have to find a better time to make their next (frozen) batch. they depend on me, and i cant let them down regardless of my mental state, and ive always thought that way, which is why im still here right now. they are highly social animals so i have no doubts they are grieving too, and i will still spend time with them as hard as it may be for the next little while

• Love
Reactions: Otter
MsMaudlin

MsMaudlin

This is the fierce last stand of all I am
Dec 8, 2019
I'm so sorry to hear about Kumo.

We considered having some sugar gliders once, they are really cute.

Let yourself grieve for him, that takes time.

Sending love and hugs

• Love
Reactions: bananabear