Alec

Alec

Wizard
Apr 22, 2019
Hi guys, just wanted to recommend this show I just started watching on Netflix it's called "Kiss Me First" I'm on the second ep and it has only like 8. It seems to be dealing with suicide and tells a story of people who choose it. Maybe only partly as it also has other story lines, but it's about these people who have fucked up lives and find relief in being with each other inside a game and talking about their fucked up lives. Kinda like us. Again I'm only on the 2nd ep so I don't know what it's fully about yet but it's interesting so far, thought maybe you'll want to check it out.
Do you guys have any other recommendations for TV shows or movies that deal with suicide and shit lives? I can also recommend "The OA" it also has very dark aspects and shit life storyline and deals with death and even suicide with a purpose of rebirth. I binged watched it as it was amazing! It's also on a Netflix but I think you can torrent download them too.

I'm editing this to add, my ALL TIME FAVORITE SHOW IS "SUPERNATURAL" its literally the best show ever! And the actors are simply and magnificently SOECTACULAR! It's about two brothers that fight evil and supernatural beings and monsters and save people all over the USA. The best part of the show is the relationship the brothers have, they will do literally anything for each other, they will give their lives for each other, they even killed themselves to bring back the other one from the dead at some points of the show, they die and risk their lives and suffer for each other and for who they are as personalities. They would rather face the pain but be true themselves than give in to the pressure and break under the world's weight. It has 14 seasons already and this year will have its 15th season. Unfortunately it will be the last one, I still cant except that.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: pole
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
Game of thrones was kinda like this for me that I'd suggest. characters that just had nothing going for them, tragic childhoods, and just fighting it and their journey through it was amazing.

Breaking bad. Dad who has terminal cancer, who's a high school teacher. Decides to deal drugs and make money to make his family set for life. Truly sad and tragic. Has times where he wants to kill himself but keeps going for his family.

I like shows where I can feel their emotions I guess.

Game of thrones got me feeling some type of way, different characters like danaerys for example, raped by her brother, families all dead, abused as a child, sold as a sex slave, attempts to change to better herself by conquering the kingdoms; showing that people can get better and change their destinies.

Alec

Alec

Wizard
Apr 22, 2019
Game of thrones was kinda like this for me that I'd suggest. characters that just had nothing going for them, tragic childhoods, and just fighting it and their journey through it was amazing.

Breaking bad. Dad who has terminal cancer, who's a high school teacher. Decides to deal drugs and make money to make his family set for life. Truly sad and tragic. Has times where he wants to kill himself but keeps going for his family.

I like shows where I can feel their emotions I guess.

Game of thrones got me feeling some type of way, different characters like danaerys for example, raped by her brother, families all dead, abused as a child, sold as a sex slave, attempts to change to better herself by conquering the kingdoms; showing that people can get better and change their destinies.
Yes, I loved Game of a thrones too alotc although I could never relate to any character other than Daenerys there, which now that I think about it feels weird that I couldn't. Maybe a little to Arya too. But I didn't really go through other characters suffering as in feeling them, but I too like you like to feel their emotions and for some reason I couldn't feel other characters. That's why I didn't like the ending to it(not sure if you saw it yet so I'm not gonna spoil anything). But I did feel John in many but not all aspects of him.
I heard a lot about breaking bad, I feel like I should give it a try, thank you.
Also one question, when was Daenerys raped by her brother?! I don't remember that, but maybe I'm missing something. Strange I usually don't.