15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
Hello! I was thinking it'd be fun to have a thread where we can share our favourite games, movies and things like that to each other.

The first thing I want to recommend is a game called Dead Wishes. It's tagged as 'romance' on itch.io but honestly it's more of a psychological horror game (from what I've played anyway). You okay as Dante, who struggles with depression after the deaths of their parents and is struggling to pay rent in a new city and has to go out looking for a job. Or to rob a church or a clothing shop. Or just gets kidnapped by the mafia. One thing I like about it is how big it is; there are twelve characters with three endings each and all their stories overlap to some extent to make one large overarching plot. There's also a pretty huge variation in the amount of horror in each character's storyline, ranging from
Dante a waiter/waitress and moving in with the chef and his puppy
and
Dante literally getting tortured and brainwashed by one of the characters who sacrifices people to a demon
, and every other character's route (from what I've played so far) seems to fit somewhere between these two extremes. I would go into more detail because I'm honestly a little bit in love with this game but I don't want to spoil too much.

Another game I'd recommend is Glitched, it hasn't come out yet but I played an old version of the demo last year, and fingers crossed we're gettinf the full release soon. There's a 'glitch' in the game's world and your character Gus becomes aware of you, the player. It also has a branching story which I love in games. Also, I'm not sure if it's still a feature in the newer demos but in the one I played, you could talk to the trees. If I remember correctly every single tree had different dialogue.

I usually don't watch many TV shoes but I enjoyed watching Humans, it's a sci-fi show about AIs and their relationship with humans as they become sentient and resist against their roles in society. I also liked Altered Carbon, which is a dystopia where if someone dies they can just transfer their consciousness into another body. The main character Takeshi Kovacs is brought back to life by a businessman, Bancroft, who wants him to solve his murder.

And as for movies, I love Gerald's Game! It's a psychological horror based off a Stephen King novel, to be honest it scared me in the first fifteen minutes but I got through the whole thing and it's reallt good. It's about a woman who has to try and survive in an isolated cabin after her husband suddenly dies during sex, and she's handcuffed to the bed with no way to escape. It's a really good story and a little gruesome at times but at least it has a happy ending.

Please leave all your favourites down below, I'd love to hear what everyone recommends or is just passionate about :) And if I think of anything else I want to share I'll leave a comment about it too ♡

Reactions: SkyBlue, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Norest4thewicked and 5 others
Sinbad

Sinbad

Self-Annihilation is loading...95%
Nov 27, 2018
Tv series I liked are dexter <3, Lost (season 1 and 2), prison break, Walking dead, breaking bad, and death note. I just listed the mainstream ones.
Movies: Forest Gump, Shawshank Redemption, Disney movies (watch Coco), Ghibli movies, godfather, Matrix (first 2 only), Titanic (only love movie I will ever like), Gladiator, Pulp Fiction, Schindlers list, Lord of the rings, and so many more..

Games: No games.. I just to play Fifa and CoD a lot..

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Redt2go, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 4 others
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
Tv series I liked are dexter <3, Lost (season 1 and 2), prison break, Walking dead, breaking bad, and death note. I just listed the mainstream ones.
Movies: Forest Gump, Shawshank Redemption, Disney movies (watch Coco), Ghibli movies, godfather, Matrix (first 2 only), Titanic (only love movie I will ever like), Gladiator, Pulp Fiction, Schindlers list, Lord of the rings, and so many more..

I liked Death Note and Disney movies too (my favourite's Alice in Wonderland), haven't watched nearly enough Ghibli movies though, I've only seen My Neighbour Totoro and Howl's Moving Castle

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow, Lil_Intro_Vert and 2 others
Sinbad

Sinbad

Nov 27, 2018
My Neighbour Totoro and Howl's Moving Castle
Good ones :) I recommend Grave of the fireflies (old but gold) and of course Spirited Away to watch next.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow, sólstafir and 3 others
Lil_Intro_Vert

Lil_Intro_Vert

she/they
Oct 15, 2018
TV Show: Neon Genesis Evangelion for sure
Movie: Akira
Game: Titanfall 2

Also your description of glitched reminds me of Superhot a little bit, i would definitely recommend that game if you're into puzzle kinda games that make you question reality

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Sinbad, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 1 other person
Mrs.O'Leary'sCow

Mrs.O'Leary'sCow

SanitizingDeodorantCakes
Aug 20, 2018
Hello! I was thinking it'd be fun to have a thread where we can share our favourite games, movies and things like that to each other.

And as for movies, I love Gerald's Game! It's a psychological horror based off a Stephen King novel, to be honest it scared me in the first fifteen minutes but I got through the whole thing and it's reallt good. It's about a woman who has to try and survive in an isolated cabin after her husband suddenly dies during sex, and she's handcuffed to the bed with no way to escape. It's a really good story and a little gruesome at times but at least it has a happy ending.

I loved Gerald's Game. Most King adaptations leave me cold, but I thought this one delivered.

I also enjoyed (from King)
Misery
The Shining
Stand by Me
The Shawshank Redemption
Dolores Claiborne

Others
A Simple Plan
Favor - http://www.themovieguys.net/2013/09/05/indie-report-favor/
Where the Truth Lies
Sicario
Match Point
Ghost World
Crumb
10 Cloverfield Lane
Quiz Show
Wormwood - Netflix series

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Norest4thewicked, Sinbad and 3 others
TheCrow

TheCrow

Invisible Spirit
Sep 26, 2018

I love Shawshank Redemption and LotR! Some of my favorites! Own all 4!
Good ones :) I recommend Grave of the fireflies (old but gold) and of course Spirited Away to watch next.
YES to Spirited Away! Omg, @15dec, you have to watch it! If you like Alice in Wonderland, it's almost like Miyazaki's Japanese version of an Alice in Wonderland.
I loved Gerald's Game. Most King adaptations leave me cold, but I thought this one delivered.

I also enjoyed (from King)
Misery
The Shining
Stand by Me
The Shawshank Redemption
Dolores Claiborne

Others
A Simple Plan
Favor - http://www.themovieguys.net/2013/09/05/indie-report-favor/
Where the Truth Lies
Sicario
Match Point
Ghost World
Crumb
10 Cloverfield Lane
Quiz Show
Wormwood - Netflix series
Love The Shining (god, either didn't know or forgot King wrote that & Shawshank!) and winter is a good time to watch it again!

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow, Sinbad and 2 others
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
YES to Spirited Away! Omg, @15dec, you have to watch it! If you like Alice in Wonderland, it's almost like Miyazaki's Japanese version of an Alice in Wonderland.
Definitely have to watch it now! Thanks for the recommendation @Sinbad and @TheCrow :)

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow, TheCrow and 1 other person
Sinbad

Sinbad

Nov 27, 2018
If you like Alice in Wonderland, it's almost like Miyazaki's Japanese version of an Alice in Wonderland.
YES! You're right! Jesus, I got a brain of a frog for not recognizing the similarities :P

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, 15dec and Mrs.O'Leary'sCow
Norest4thewicked

Norest4thewicked

Losing it
Nov 4, 2018
American horror story. Kingdom. The Ted Bundy Tapes. Walking Dead. Black Mirror. Silent Witness. As for films, love a good horror. Inside(French version, not the terrible USA remake) Martyrs(French version again) Terrifier, Incident In A Ghostland 31 The Belko Experiment

Reactions: sarahlouise, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 1 other person
SkyBlue

SkyBlue

Dec 15, 2018
It's tagged as 'romance' on itch.io but honestly it's more of a psychological horror game

Thanks for sharing, it all sounds really cool. I'll try to remember if I should ever get the chance and time again.

I recently stumbled upon Land Of Mine - Under The Sand. An awarded Danish-German war drama. After the war, a group of German POWs, actually still boys, is to clear a Danish beach from German mines, supervised by a German-loathing Danish officer. A thrilling and interesting story unfolds. Will they make it home in the end? A rather 'simple' and low budget film, but I found it really captivating and sad too when I watched it.

Reactions: 15dec
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I am currently watching Chance on Hulu (with Hugh Laurie). Liking it a lot.

Reactions: 15dec and Kyrok
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
Currently watching the OA.
Game of Thrones, The Leftovers, Breaking Bad, anything Star Trek, Homeland, Mindhunter, Handmaids Tale, Sabrina, Maniac, Happy!, Russian Doll, Black Mirror, House of Cards, Fringe, Millenium, Wire in the Blood, Spooks, Life on Mars (UK).

Reactions: a beautiful mess, sarahlouise and 15dec
P

Psilo

Arcanist
Dec 29, 2018
You guys have to watch The Legend of Cocaine Island if you have Netflix.:pfff::pfff::pfff::pfff::pfff:

Reactions: sarahlouise
sarahlouise

sarahlouise

Jul 24, 2020
Has anyone seen silent witness, series 23 episode 1 and 2 , it's called dead head , worth a watch..
I love spirited away :heart: