L

Leon1114

Aug 16, 2024
I'm doing the charcoal method right now with ProFagus Lumpwood, sealed my little bathroom and began to light the charcoal. Im already waiting for 50 min now and some of the coals are already white, but some are more like brown or yellow, although there is no stonecoal in it. Also its still glowing in the bottom layer but when I mix the coals a bit, these under the surface are still completely black. I dont get what I did wrong. Can I somehow save this try and be successful? Please help

Attachments

• IMG_20240818_163833.jpg
    IMG_20240818_163833.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240818_163905.jpg
    IMG_20240818_163905.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I have no idea what ProFagus Lumpwood is. It's not clear to me whether this brand of charcoal does, or does not, contain other additives. Their website seems to indicate that they source their product, at least partially, from sawmill scraps. Charcoal should be additive free, 100% carbon. The pictures seem to indicate that the charcoal is not fully burning. The first step should be to get all of the charcoals burning red hot outside of the room. There should be no smoke. A chimney starter usually works best for this. If a room is used it should be as small as possible and sealed tightly. Also, how much charcoal is needed is completely dependent on the size (volume) of the room and the MINIMUM amount needed can be calculated using the guiding parameter of .135 kg/m³ of volume.

• Informative
Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_