MissingThyme

MissingThyme

Nov 26, 2022
I mean, I assume it's the radial artery, right at my wrist. I've cut deep enough that I can see it like a pale worm at the bottom. I could tease it out and nick it, and such small amount of damage could easily be handled with just pressure. I can't catch the bus, but it's a bad night and it might take my mind off of things. OR it could go worse than I expect. I've nicked near the same spot, which is why I assume it's the artery (it pulsed with my heartbeat as it bled), and I was fine, but maybe that was a fluke. Anyone had experience with a radial artery nick, or repeated injuries there?

Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024

MissingThyme

MissingThyme

Nov 26, 2022
Oh, it wouldn't be for catching the bus purposes. I was just reading that thread, actually, and have done a lot of research on cutting as a (not) practical method. The radial artery high up on the wrist especially tends to clot fast unless it's a deep lateral cut, and even then, well, 1 to 4 percent success rate.

It would be to distract me from everything else for a moment, and to let me pretend in that instant that I wouldn't have to wake up tomorrow. I will, of course, because I have obligations and no clean method at the moment, but it would be soothing.

amnesia999

amnesia999

Lie, lie, lie - Life is a lie
Jun 30, 2024
It would be to distract me from everything else for a moment, and to let me pretend in that instant that I wouldn't have to wake up tomorrow. I will, of course, because I have obligations and no clean method at the moment, but it would be soothing.
It wouldn't be soothing in the least. Sounds very painful, in fact. It also sounds like a good way to get yourself infected, especially if you don't go to the doctor and get it medically treated afterwards. You already know what I'm going to recommend -- don't do that.

• Love
Reactions: MissingThyme