• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

CentreMid

CentreMid

Sorry
Aug 23, 2018
Oof. First post and I'm already ranting. Ok, here we go.

Hi.

My friend has known about my suicidal thoughts for a while now. She recommended that I go through therapy (which didn't work out the first time I went), and that she'd still be there to help. However, I think she's trying to get rid of me.

I haven't taken any actions to kill myself yet, it's only thoughts so far, however, my friend said just having thoughts is enough to need help. She was really pressing the idea of therapy onto me when we talked last, and I told her I would do it just to make her feel better, but it did nothing the first time, so why would I want to do it again? I've even told her that I've done it already but she still kept pushing. She doesn't want me anymore.

I refuse to be fed to the wolves again.

Reactions: RoloTomasi, lv-gras and Tiburcio
BaconCheeseburger

BaconCheeseburger

Comfort-eating
Aug 4, 2018
The thing with therapy is that you have to be willing to embrace it fully to make it work. I went into therapy half-assed and found that the less effort I put into it the less I got out.

Going just because your friend says to will make her feel better but won't do anything for you

Reactions: heliophobic, IG959, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and 5 others
Edgard

Edgard

Aug 23, 2018
Hello,

I went to therapy for a while, it never helped me but I went only so my family feels better and think it helped me. So you can go to it and pretend it is helping you. This mean you will have to lie to your friend but it can help makes thing better between you. It's all about pretending. I know I don't have issue with that but we are all different and in differents situations.

I even went to electroconvulsive therapy and lost a lot of memories just to pretend to my family that I was "cured" so they can feel better and put less pressure on me.

Reactions: Bandzbandz, Tiburcio, k475u and 3 others
S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
Hello,

I went to therapy for a while, it never helped me but I went only so my family feels better and think it helped me. So you can go to it and pretend it is helping you. This mean you will have to lie to your friend but it can help makes thing better between you. It's all about pretending. I know I don't have issue with that but we are all different and in differents situations.

I even went to electroconvulsive therapy and lost a lot of memories just to pretend to my family that I was "cured" so they can feel better and put less pressure on me.

I've had ECT, too, and lost a lot of my memories. I think I have short-term memory problems now, too. I've had a total of 25 sessions. It helps, but only temporarily, which is why I've had it so many times. I eventually decided to stop because of the memory loss.

Reactions: Bandzbandz, Tiburcio and lv-gras
Nicoller

Nicoller

Jul 4, 2018
My therapy is making me more suicidal... The last session was so bad it has stuck with me all week..

It's actually why I'm on this site right now in fact

Reactions: Bandzbandz, Tiburcio and lv-gras
U

user90872

Aug 22, 2018
Just the word psychotherapy makes me sick. I had four psychotherapists and I hated almost every of them. There was just this one lady, who was somewhat semi-decent, but I was really put off at that point and she wouldn't help me anyway. I tried to open up sincerely to my very first therapist. I recall putting all my heart into it, because I really hoped she'd help me to find the way out of this anguish. And then she didn't even address a single issue of mine and told me that I need to be put in a mental hospital FoR mY OwN SaFeTy. I dunno whether you guys are familiar with psychiatric hospitals, but here in eastern Europe they look like an embodiment of hell. Worn out facilities, disgusting food, rude staff, you are forced to share room with severely disabled patients that smear themselves with their own feces. It feels like a prison. Well, I wasn't sent there due to her. I eventually ended up there for damn seven weeks after my suicide attempt, but that's an another story. Anyway, this hoe even contacted my mother (I'm an underage) and the atmosphere at home was even more tense than usual for two months straight.

Reactions: RoloTomasi, akosineenee, 13thirteen and 3 others
T

Tiburcio

Just the word psychotherapy makes me sick. I had four psychotherapists and I hated almost every of them. There was just this one lady, who was somewhat semi-decent, but I was really put off at that point and she wouldn't help me anyway. I tried to open up sincerely to my very first therapist. I recall putting all my heart into it, because I really hoped she'd help me to find the way out of this anguish. And then she didn't even address a single issue of mine and told me that I need to be put in a mental hospital FoR mY OwN SaFeTy. I dunno whether you guys are familiar with psychiatric hospitals, but here in eastern Europe they look like an embodiment of hell. Worn out facilities, disgusting food, rude staff, you are forced to share room with severely disabled patients that smear themselves with their own feces. It feels like a prison. Well, I wasn't sent there due to her. I eventually ended up there for damn seven weeks after my suicide attempt, but that's an another story. Anyway, this hoe even contacted my mother (I'm an underage) and the atmosphere at home was even more tense than usual for two months straight.
I agree to the fullest.

Also, therapists are robbers, nothing else.

Reactions: lv-gras
S

Scarlett

Aug 14, 2018
I've been been through about 15years of therapy and I think a huge part is a connection with the person. But it totally depends on your situation I think therapy is great for people suffering from one issue..say a break up or a bereavement divorce that kinda thing. However say you go into with something like depression bipolar etc when there's no start or end and you're completely stuck it's pretty unhelpful.

Therapy like lots of things is only a crutch you have to put 90% of the work in for it to actually work..like riding a bike..you're guna fall off a shit loads of time before your actually moving.

Reactions: CRM, RoloTomasi, Tiburcio and 2 others
T

toolateforme

Student
Jul 2, 2018
ugyclgic40i11.jpg

Reactions: CentreMid, Deleted member 1496, Scarlett and 7 others
tvoisluga

tvoisluga

trapped in a body
Dec 22, 2023
Then they say "reach out" 🤡 they dont even believe themselves. Im anticipating the world population rapid decline due to climate change. We are parasites on this planet. We are monsters to each other. Lets cut the crap. Humanity is a disease