Deermonger

Deermonger

Apr 1, 2023
If anyone feels similar to how I feel, feel free to share your thoughts. And also share your ways of not feeling so alone.

Once every week or every other week I just get this overwhelming feeling of loneliness. It's probably due to me rejecting these feelings and distracting myself from them but when they come to the forefront, they really hit me hard.

I feel like I have a lot of friends (more of them being online friends) but I still feel so lonely. I work late 2nd shift and my irl best friends, who are also my roommates, have complete opposite schedules to me. I barely see them in person anymore. I do get to talk to my online friends frequently but I still feel the crippling loneliness whej I get off vc. It's just quite depressing to come home after every shift to an empty room with no one to see in person. And even on the weekends when I can be with people irl, it's great. But if there's a day where I happen to not be with anyone, it's downright miserable.

I find it hard to not wanna just curl up in a ball and sleep when I know I'm not gonna spend time with anyone. It just feels like another wasted day. It's really a struggle too because I'd consider myself and introvert, but being in isolation as much as I've been makes me wanna ctb. I just wanna physically exist with another human being.

Reactions: mywayout
unplug

unplug

Vapor Self
Apr 11, 2023
I understand how you feel. I think it's best just to come to terms with it, distraction is key, for me at least. You eventually become numb to it.
This chronic loneliness can be unbearable at times.

Reactions: mywayout and Deermonger
harbinger0

harbinger0

he/him. "and i hope you die / i hope we both die."
Jan 24, 2023
if would recommend going to places that tend to have a lot of people- coffee shops, parks, malls, libraries, etc and people watching. joining a club or starting a hobby can also really help with finding friends! taking a class for something you find interesting or enjoy doing also helps. finding ways to get to places that have a lot of strangers but also have a lot of unspoken community is super value and can make you feel like the world is a whole lot bigger than you. getting a pet or tending plants is also an option!

Reactions: Deermonger
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
Sometimes I play and cuddle with plushies, my subconscious has something that will always come to play with me.

It is also important to have someone with whom you can feel friendship with.

Last edited:
ibupro

ibupro

musicnmeds
Mar 2, 2023
I mostly relate. I have friends too, but they all feel so distant. Occasionally they won't feel distant when we're doing stuff but most of the time it just feels we aren't close...

Abandoned Character

Abandoned Character

(he./him)
Mar 24, 2023
Another's person's touch is very powerful. Ultimately, though, we are alone. Our senses of self is perpetually reinforced, and so we convince ourself that we are alone. May you find peace

Reactions: mywayout and Deermonger