• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
Reactions: RainAndSadness, raskolnikov, tearsinrain and 8 others
T

TengoK

Aug 1, 2018
Oh yeah, I love Trump's sense of irony. I suspect one major reason that suicide helplines are being inundated with calls in the US is because of Trump himself.

Reactions: Comatose11, LivedTooLong, RainAndSadness and 8 others
Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
Well the narritive is the economy is great, so it causes pressure on people to get to work. Thing is all the old roadblocks are still in place, which keep people in the bottom of the barrel job. The American employers have gone ape shit with background checks. In the face of only closed doors what do you do?

Reactions: Comatose11, Fixin’ToDie, lv-gras and 3 others
bbq1

bbq1

Gone
Aug 3, 2018
Cnn are the fake news broadcasters that Trump has outed many times. So I won't bother reading the link.

Reactions: hopeis5427, Volatile and TooLate2582
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Cnn are the fake news broadcasters that Trump has outed many times. So I won't bother reading the link.

Okay. I didn't mean this to become a political discourse and btw I hate both Trump and CNN.

Anyway it was meant to be a post about how lame suicide prevention efforts are, and as a friend recently said how "naive".

Reactions: Comatose11, Tiburcio and skitliv
StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
Well the narritive is the economy is great, so it causes pressure on people to get to work. Thing is all the old roadblocks are still in place, which keep people in the bottom of the barrel job. The American employers have gone ape shit with background checks. In the face of only closed doors what do you do?

I concur with this, plus as I have friends in the states, the other issue is, even if one does find a job 1) it doesn't pay shit 2) right before you hit the 90 period employers end up firing you so they don't have to pay out for insurance in a lot of companies, I have heard. And hardly anything pays the bills these days it seems. I really wonder how the hell people live there at times.

Reactions: Comatose11, lv-gras, Tiburcio and 4 others
hopeis5427

hopeis5427

Aug 13, 2018
I feel like most us presidents arent great,people were complaining how much taxpayers money obama spent and how much in debt he was and the wars that he engaged with.
I think its unfair that people are solely hating on trump because he is controversial when he has tried to make peace with other countries instead of war and is a great economist.Honesly there were way worse presidents in the us so i dont understand this petty bandwagon hate on trump.

throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
please don't let this forum become political.

Reactions: Ssname, Deutsch, ScaredOfLife and 5 others
Jerryman

Jerryman

Jul 19, 2018
Governments love employment so the solutions they propose are usually things like; let's build a building to employ people to tell suicidal people not to commit suicide. Building the building will create jobs and jobs are created for people to tell other people not to commit suicide. It's pathetic really because the issue doesn't get solved. Chances are it just means a suicidal person goes to a building, someone takes details and asks loads of questions, then the suicidal person is given some leaflets and told not to do it. In other words nothing is achieved but governments like it because it's kept people busy for busy sake.

Reactions: Comatose11, lv-gras and Tiburcio
hopeis5427

hopeis5427

Aug 13, 2018
Governments love employment so the solutions they propose are usually things like; let's build a building to employ people to tell suicidal people not to commit suicide. Building the building will create jobs and jobs are created for people to tell other people not to commit suicide. It's pathetic really because the issue doesn't get solved. Chances are it just means a suicidal person goes to a building, someone takes details and asks loads of questions, then the suicidal person is given some leaflets and told not to do it. In other words nothing is achieved but governments like it because it's kept people busy for busy sake.
Oh my god i hate it when people correlate suicidal with being lazy,and then say 'if you had more things to do with being busy they you would think these things less' i can be lazy how much i want and i can be the most hardworking and busy person and that still wouldnt change anything with me feeling suicidal.

Reactions: lv-gras and Tiburcio
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
Oh my god i hate it when people correlate suicidal with being lazy,and then say 'if you had more things to do with being busy they you would think these things less' i can be lazy how much i want and i can be the most hardworking and busy person and that still wouldnt change anything with me feeling suicidal.

It's not easy to be hardworking when you're depressed and suicidal. Telling a depressed person to get out of bed is like telling paraplegic man to get out of his wheelchair and run a marathon.

Reactions: Comatose11, lv-gras and akosineenee
Jerryman

Jerryman

Jul 19, 2018
Yes this is what's wrong with so many, they just run around chasing they're tail pointlessly doing pointless things and doing a pointless job cos it's a job. They believe others should do the same. The thought of nothingness, relaxation etc. frightens them. These people might as well clean the streets with a toothbrush, they'd be busy right?

Reactions: lv-gras and Tiburcio
akosineenee

akosineenee

Invisible idiot
Aug 22, 2018
It's not easy to be hardworking when you're depressed and suicidal. Telling a depressed person to get out of bed is like telling paraplegic man to get out of his wheelchair and run a marathon.
I agree 100%. I remember a particularly rough patch a couple years ago when a potential employer flat out told me during a meeting that I'm just lazy and I should get out of my own head. He went on about how there are people who are in worst off condition than I was on and that I should just get over myself and work because I was quote unquote "wasting" my potential and there are people who would kill to be in my position blah blah blah. I felt like shit after that and was in a downward spiral. The guy even had the gall to tell me that he wouldn't hire me as he didn't trust me because he couldn't figure me out. Dafuq! Thinking about this makes my blood boil. Sigh.

Reactions: CRM, Comatose11, ScaredOfLife and 2 others