Install-Gentoo

Install-Gentoo

Aug 23, 2022

Is it okay to post video links like this? I hope so; I'm new here, sorry.
In this video, the... suspect? perpetrator? The subject of the video here says she has felt suicidal for years, tried to kill herself, and became violent only after she wasn't able to CTB. It is evident that her mental illness will never ever get better. If there were better rights and less stigma towards suicide, perhaps things could go differently:

Lets say that the subject of the video goes to a hospital and says she wants to kill herself. They evaluate her, diagnose her with some mental illness, and see if they can treat her. After meeting some criteria, she is given the option to peacefully quit life, and all she needs to do is sign some forms and receive lethal medication. So there's a few possibilities:
-she decides to CTB and accept the lethal medication and end her life, meeting peace. She never hurts anyone else.
-she acknowledges that the option is always there if she needs it. The knowledge of a peaceful and dignified way out allows her to calm herself during any episode she may have. She likely never hurts anyone else, and definitely would have a less stressful life than what really happened.

The second one may seem weird: why would having access to a way out make her less likely to perform anything drastic? In some cases of current physician-assisted suicide (sorry if theres a better term, I'm just unaware of one), the terminally ill patient sometimes will ask for lethal medication but never take it; the knowledge of the option being there is enough to keep them calm.

Well, that's just my thoughts on this case. I tend to watch true crime stuff for fun (?) because it is interesting seeing how law enforcement works and seeing how an interrogation is structured, but this case really stuck out to me.
What are your thoughts? Do you think the subject is truly suffering from illness, or do you have doubts like some commenters and maybe the uploader? Do you think that better access to life-ending methods and less stigma towards suicide would have stopped this tragedy? Do you have anything to say about the uploader or the law enforcement officers in the video?

Reactions: Euthanza, WitheringAway and Un-