Awake47

Awake47

Jul 9, 2023
No offence intended.

I adore deep diving and archiving, there is no way that I could ever justify the crimes that were perpetrated.

There is a lot of stigma associated with those who prefer crime documentaries. Not everyone among us is evil or terrible.

I approach real crime from a psychological perspective and get to know the criminals as who they were before committing their crimes.

I also experienced the same or a similar trauma, I can relate to many of them on a deep level.

• Love
Reactions: TransilvanianHunger, Ultracheese, FormerlyFe(IV) and 3 others
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
I mostly listen to some true crime podcasts or sometimes even some unsolved true crime stories on random platforms.
When it comes to this kind of stuff, it's just so interesting to hear about all sorts of crime stories from around the world and sometimes you get surprised if you (for example) think that person B did the crime, everything seems like that person committed the crime but in the end it's a different person which seemed to be innocent in the beginning of the story.
I use the AntennaPod app which you can download from F-Droid if you have an device running on Android OS and it's basically a podcast app which combines all the platforms (Amazon, Spotify, Apple etc. into one app) and it's legal since it's only displaying the free podcasts.

I recently listened a podcast about a family where a single mother got killed and I think both of her sons survived.
One of the kids was accused of being the killer, because the mother was poor and a day before she got killed, he had a heated argument with her but in the end the solution to the case was quite surprising. The trainer who didn't charge the kid any money to be in that team, who was his best friend and something like a father figure, killed the mother because of an stupid reason was arrested after so many years but I think he couldn't serve his full sentence since he died because of old age.

When it comes to unsolved stories, I find the story about Brandon Swanson quite interesting. Missed since 14 May 2008 and his missing report is already 15 years old and still not updated, showing the red "Missing" banner above his name.

Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV) and Awake47
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I mostly watch documentaries the last ones I watched were Dear Zachary, The Girl in The Picture, and yesterday I watched the docuseries called I Killed My Dad

sometimes I need to take a break from that content because it gives me bad paranoia about bad things happening to myself or those around me I used to binge the videos from Dave's Lemonade (really good at covering/summarizing cases without bias also like him because I'm tired of the people trying to monetize from content like this or people who have no respect for the victims or their families) as background noise while doing chores or gaming

tetra

tetra

supernova
Jun 13, 2022
any updates on decoding arcturus? i never see anyone talk about it.

Reactions: Awake47
FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
Man, true crime.

I started with Mindhunters on Netflix, I LOVED the first season. I really liked the perspective on what makes killers tick, instead of just focusing on the families.
Then I watched a bit of JCS'/Explore With Us' analysis on murder interrogations. Again, full of the perspective of what is going on, instead of just the families.
I ended up listening to Eleanor Neale's coverage of resolved cases, mostly when doing dishes or cleaning the home.

When watching Eleanor Neale's coverage, I realized how much some people care. Both kids and adults that disappear are often reported missing in under a full day of no news. Meanwhile, I would isolate myself without warning for days, weeks and then months. I just didn't want people to worry. I had no idea they could worry that much.

It brought a new appreciation of the friend group I have. They did intervene three times to check up on me while I was isolating at the start of this year. And after that, when I came back to civilization, they welcomed me with open arms. I feel bad for what I did and feel so lucky to have them as friends.

Reactions: psp3000, TransilvanianHunger and Awake47
TransilvanianHunger

TransilvanianHunger

Grave with a view...
Jan 22, 2023
Then I watched a bit of JCS'/Explore With Us' analysis on murder interrogations. Again, full of the perspective of what is going on, instead of just the families.
Ah, a fellow JCS/Explore with Us connoisseur.

New Year Smiling GIF

• Love