TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Here is another new podcast by TRTNLE (The Right To No Longer Exist), named Episode #17 and featuring a guest named "Seth". It contains really good points about how CTB prevention policies and such are pretty pathetic as well as insulting to those who want to check out. The interesting parts are about how one cannot simply be honest with their healthcare provider and such (I have written many various threads throughout my time at SaSu and I will always and still continue to stand by the position of "as long as there is a 'risk' or non-zero chance of being (temporarily) locked up against one's will or have one's autonomy stripped for the sake of danger to others or oneself", then it is never truly a safe space. Yes while there are people who can bring up personal anecdotes and claim this or that, I'm not going into a debate or argument about that, my position will not change because of that and will remain. The talking point of that is somewhere around 31:15 in the video. One cannot ever be "truly" honest as long as there is a possibility of being sectioned, locked up, committed, held against one's will for admitting or even having thoughts of wanting to CTB (let alone any means or plans, imminence of such action). and Kevin (the host) mentioned that "it all depends on the professional's world view", which means that it is subjective and it only takes a professional to reasonably "believe" there is such a potential harm (even if there really isn't - but again! Up to the professional's discretion and that discretion is really WIDE sometimes), and then they would take action against said person. It doesn't matter whether there are most that won't or anything, the fact that there are such kinds of professionals would be more than too many for people who are serious about CTB to even take such a risk of telling or letting anybody know their "TRUE" thoughts and intentions, let alone plans or means to act.

The main point that Seth really drives home is that we still live in a very stigmatized world and there is NEVER truly a 'safe' space (contrary to what many people will claim) to admit CTB ideation, thoughts, or anything, and of course, because society turns a blind eye to the harm done to various clients and patients who open up, it is no surprise that there are some who then go through with actual CTB (whether they are successful or not) attempt due to being treated poorly and coming out even worse than they went in.

Anyways, I won't say too much here because I just wanted to share this video/podcast with SaSu as I think they have a lot of interesting talking points.

• Informative
Reactions: daley