G

glk

Jul 2, 2019
I just tried tourniquet method. It didn't work as You may see, though I don't know how long I was blacked out.

I don't think I actually lost consciousness fully, but it felt almost euphoric, a mixture of relief + sudden rush of whatever chemical reactions happen when brain stops getting oxygen.

Will try it again later, but only when I'll find a good idea on how to get tourniquet fixed in a "wound-up" position. Short stick which was used right now got untwisted, and when I tried using a long rod turning it wasn't fast enough for me to start loosing consciousness, only rising painful pressure on my neck.

Anyone tried tourniquet/considering using it to ctb?

• Aww..
Reactions: NoDream, Baskol1, Cinnabun1112 and 1 other person

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
So you have managed to black out while partially regaining consciousness... kak eto tak?

Only practiced a few times. I feel like fainting once there is enough consistent pressure. Stuck the stick behind the shoulder after a couple more turns and it should be good, I think. Sounds like an incredibly easy and portative method to lose consciousness, and may work wonders in tandem with a finisher move, like hanging or drowning. I'm kinda surprised this method doesn't get as much attention in comparison to it's effectiveness, in my mind's eye. Am I missing something important?

Reactions: Baskol1
G

glk

Jul 2, 2019
So you have managed to black out while partially regaining consciousness... kak eto tak?

I dunno how to explain it properly. It felt like my vision and hearing have frozen at one moment and blurred out, and I could not perceive time either. I suppose it's just like sleeping: you lay in your bed and suddenly wake up, but in this case you actually see the moment of falling asleep.

Reactions: Baskol1

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I dunno how to explain it properly. It felt like my vision and hearing have frozen at one moment and blurred out, and I could not perceive time either. I suppose it's just like sleeping: you lay in your bed and suddenly wake up, but in this case you actually see the moment of falling asleep.

What did you use as a tourniquet? Rope, scarf, something else?
Anything to add pressure onto carotid arteries?
Does the tourniquet hurts at the angle where you were turning the stick? Thick leather helped me with that.
Where did you place the stick? Sides, front, back? Or at which hour, considering the adam's apple to be 12 o'clock?

I feel like the main problem is to push some inner arteries... It's relatively easy to finger them. I've read before that there are different ones supplying resources to the brain (the deeper one), and to the other head parts, like eyes. Maybe that's what happens when eyes are blurry but you're remain conscious?

Меня заебал немного английский... Да и голова не соображает. Я видел в большом треде с турникетом как кто-то советовал пенопласт в качестве подкладки для артерий. Что если сделать два блока и проделать в них дыру для верёвки? Можно было бы придерживать их шеей пока крутишь вентиль, наверное... Я чувствую ошеломительную эффективность этого метода... если всё соорудить должным образом.

*Actually, the blocks can be thick enough so our rope doesn't even touch the neck at 12, and so we can apply as much pressure as we can without blocking the windpipe... veroyatno.

Last edited: