A

ama

Today I feel like suicide…
Sep 13, 2023
Beginning of the month, i put myself into a psych ward in hopes of getting help. Im newly homeless with no money and no job. My bipolar/anxiety/ptsd has played a huge part this last year as to why my life is just one shitty thing after another.

I was hoping they would listen to what i was saying and help me get what i need….residential facility, info on shelters in the area, how to apply for ssdi benefits, or maybe even getting ect therapy since ive been struggling for so long and tried many different meds.

Turns out, in a week stay i never saw or talked to my therapist. I fall through the cracks like always when it comes to treatment and its exhausting. Im sleeping on a friends couch for a few nights but after that i have no where else to go. I am tired of asking for
Help from people and its become embarrassing to do so. Im looking for a job but ive got to be able to walk to it since i dont have a car or money for the bus.

Things are just too hard and ive gotten so fat no clothes fit and my body hurts only the daily from just getting up and walking around.

Im slowly just giving up hope. I need to find a somewhat easy and peaceful-ish way to ctb that wont take a lot of money.

Any thoughts?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Meditation guide, Letmedienow and 1 other person
DeathSleep

DeathSleep

Unstable Potato
May 25, 2023
I don't know where you're located but you could try a mental health treatment (irts) facility if your area has one. I'm in MN (USA). I've been to mh treatment a few times now. I've stayed up to 3 months. Time that you can use finding resources for your next steps.
As far as CTBing... it's hard to do when homeless. The lack of privacy and whatnot. Not impossible though. jumping came to mind first.
I hope you find your peace.

A

ama

Sep 13, 2023
I don't know where you're located but you could try a mental health treatment (irts) facility if your area has one. I'm in MN (USA). I've been to mh treatment a few times now. I've stayed up to 3 months. Time that you can use finding resources for your next steps.
As far as CTBing... it's hard to do when homeless. The lack of privacy and whatnot. Not impossible though. jumping came to mind first.
I hope you find your peace.
Im in colorado and just got out of a short term facility. Anything long term/residential cost 30-40k a month and only take top tier insurance, and the ones who would take my insurance only cater to those who have substance addictions unfortunately. So im lost in the abyss when it comes to the help i need.

I thank you for your support. I would like to find out how i could get my hands on some
Fent for an OD. Just dont know who to ask, where to go, or even start.

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner
DeathSleep

DeathSleep

Unstable Potato
May 25, 2023
Well that sucks.
Honestly hanging around shelters you'd have a good chance of finding some fent.

A

ama

Sep 13, 2023
Well that sucks.
Honestly hanging around shelters you'd have a good chance of finding some fent.
Yeah, the thought is kinda scary. Ive never been in this situation.

MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
The sheer number of people, many of which are insane beyond repair, that get shuttled through the psych wards, combined with not having enough employees or employees that even care, is what makes these places essentially worthless to be at. Sadly, their only job is to assess whether you are truly a harm to yourself or others, then get you out.

DeathSleep

DeathSleep

Unstable Potato
May 25, 2023
It is scary. I've been homeless. Definitely don't recommend it.
Keep asking questions though. Someone who works at a shelter or who is staying there probably knows some options that could get you on the path out of homelessness. Winter is coming all too soon. It takes a lot but people do pull themselves out of homelessness with help. At least it's something while you look for fent.
I'm sorry you found yourself in this situation.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Existence really is too cruel, it must be so tiring what you are going through, it's dreadful how people have to suffer so much. But anyway I hope that you eventually find what you search for, best wishes.