thx1138

thx1138

Student
Jun 28, 2019
I used a nylon rope and also wrapped a scarf around my neck so it doesn't hurt so much.
Blacked out after about a minute but woke up and SI kicked in.
It wasn't pleasant. Now I have a headache and some pain in my neck.
I think I'll try the night night method next. With the hanging, the rope dug into my neck and restricted my breathing, which caused me to panic. If there's less pressure and only a "blood choke" I hope it will be better.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: SelfHatingAspie, foreverbroken28, Hotsackage and 1 other person
chrijo

chrijo

done
Feb 8, 2019
Yesterday I tried the (leather-)belt-door method. Just to test it out. After 5 seconds my field of vision changed to black.

I'm pretty sure, 2 seconds longer and I would have lost my consciousness. The euphoria was overwhelming, better than my first heroin-flash :D

I have also pressed 2 fingers on my carotid sinus between belt and neck. That's your sweet spot.

Reactions: Ἡγησίας
H

Hotsackage

Enlightened
Mar 11, 2019
Least you blacked out. I just get light headed lol

Reactions: foreverbroken28
R

ron_g

Experienced
Nov 25, 2018
I used a nylon rope and also wrapped a scarf around my neck so it doesn't hurt so much.
Blacked out after about a minute but woke up and SI kicked in.
It wasn't pleasant. Now I have a headache and some pain in my neck.
I think I'll try the night night method next. With the hanging, the rope dug into my neck and restricted my breathing, which caused me to panic. If there's less pressure and only a "blood choke" I hope it will be better.
Are you suggesting that you woke up because your windpipe was blocked? Is it possible that you moved a bit, so your carotids weren't blocked anymore?
Yesterday I tried the (leather-)belt-door method. Just to test it out. After 5 seconds my field of vision changed to black.

I'm pretty sure, 2 seconds longer and I would have lost my consciousness.
Did you have the ligature at the top of your neck? Was the "knot" meaning the belt buckle at the front or back or side of the neck?

Last edited:
chrijo

chrijo

done
Feb 8, 2019
Standing position, the ligature at the top of my neck and the buckle at the back side of my neck.

I had to change the position of the belt a few times but if you hit the right spot, your lights go out incredibly fast.

• Hugs
Reactions: ron_g and foreverbroken28
D

DeepSleep

Student
Aug 8, 2018
Standing position, the ligature at the top of my neck and the buckle at the back side of my neck.

I had to change the position of the belt a few times but if you hit the right spot, your lights go out incredibly fast.

How come the belt (the edges of it) is not cutting through your neck ? I tried belts before, but it was the worst of all (comparing to towels or padded rope).

• Wow
Reactions: foreverbroken28
foreverbroken28

foreverbroken28

I've gone off the deep end.
Jul 11, 2019
This may be a stupid question but would Excedrin help get rid of any headaches one may have just in case?

chrijo

chrijo

done
Feb 8, 2019
How come the belt (the edges of it) is not cutting through your neck ? I tried belts before, but it was the worst of all (comparing to towels or padded rope).
My belt is soft but strong leather. In the right position, it doesn't cut anything on my neck. It is not comfortable but also not painful.

I have tried the cord from my flatscreen with a slip knot. It also works well, as soon as I hit the carotid sinus it quickly gets dark in my vision.

This may be a stupid question but would Excedrin help get rid of any headaches one may have just in case?
That's because you're compressing the jugular veins only. You need more pressure on the carotid arterys.

Reactions: DeepSleep
HopelessFashionista

HopelessFashionista

Jul 8, 2019

I'm pretty sure, 2 seconds longer and I would have lost my consciousness. The euphoria was overwhelming, better than my first heroin-flash :D

If you pass out, do you stay unconscious until you die? Or does the SI force you awake? Maybe drugs/alcohol beforehand would make a difference??

foreverbroken28

foreverbroken28

Jul 11, 2019
My belt is soft but strong leather. In the right position, it doesn't cut anything on my neck. It is not comfortable but also not painful.

I have tried the cord from my flatscreen with a slip knot. It also works well, as soon as I hit the carotid sinus it quickly gets dark in my vision.

That's because you're compressing the jugular veins only. You need more pressure on the carotid arterys.

???? I have not had a headache from any attempt.. I was wondering because of what the OP said about having a headache. So, I was asking if Excedrin could help?

chrijo

chrijo

done
Feb 8, 2019
If you pass out, do you stay unconscious until you die? Or does the SI force you awake? Maybe drugs/alcohol beforehand would make a difference??
If the rope holds your weight and still close your carotids - you're done.

I think the OP woke up because the convulsions due to lack of oxygen loosened the noose. It's impossible to wake up without blood flow...

???? I have not had a headache from any attempt.. I was wondering because of what the OP said about having a headache. So, I was asking if Excedrin could help?
I misunderstood your post, sorry :D

• Hugs
Reactions: justwannadie and foreverbroken28
foreverbroken28

foreverbroken28

Jul 11, 2019
If the rope holds your weight and still close your carotids - you're done.

I think the OP woke up because the convulsions due to lack of oxygen loosened the noose. It's impossible to wake up without blood flow...

I misunderstood your post, sorry :D
all good =)

Reactions: chrijo
thx1138

thx1138

Student
Jun 28, 2019
Yeah you guys are probably right, I must have moved while passed out. Full hanging would be better but no suitable space...
The headache is gone today, my neck still hurts a little when I swallow though.

Reactions: DeepSleep and justwannadie