George81

George81

Jan 8, 2020
Hello all, several times I've put my dressing gown cord round my neck and pulled tight to see what would happen. Several times I've felt a build up of pressure which didn't really do anything but tonight I put the knot behind my neck and for the first time saw spots and started to feel dizzy. I also was aware that my breathing sounded like a snorting but I feel relieved that I may be onto something in terms of positioning the knot to actually do the job I intend. How do others feel when they've ligated? x

Reactions: Worndown
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I've tried a fair few times but I've yet to feel dizzy because I've only managed to compress my jugular veins which causes pressure in the head. From what I've read on this site, it sounds like you've managed to hit the carotids. Where is the ligature placed on your neck? Lower neck or above Adam's apple area?

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Hello all, several times I've put my dressing gown cord round my neck and pulled tight to see what would happen. Several times I've felt a build up of pressure which didn't really do anything but tonight I put the knot behind my neck and for the first time saw spots and started to feel dizzy. I also was aware that my breathing sounded like a snorting but I feel relieved that I may be onto something in terms of positioning the knot to actually do the job I intend. How do others feel when they've ligated? x
Sounds like you found it!

George81

George81

Jan 8, 2020
I've tried a fair few times but I've yet to feel dizzy because I've only managed to compress my jugular veins which causes pressure in the head. From what I've read on this site, it sounds like you've managed to hit the carotids. Where is the ligature placed on your neck? Lower neck or above Adam's apple area?
Hi there, I think it's above the adam's apple, with the knot at the back and pulled up to the right. Other attempts I had the knot at the front but the only time I've had dizziness is with the cord right under my jawbone and at the back x
Sounds like you found it!
hurray! x

Reactions: Meditation guide and Worndown
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I did try a bunch of times and never could manage. It would be kinda tasteless to say I hope you succeed but I hope whatever you do goes well for you.

Reactions: Meditation guide
Mgl91

Mgl91

Nothing is real
Feb 16, 2020
How did you find the carotids? I never fainted

Unlucked

Unlucked

Student
Jul 10, 2019
Hanging was a struggle for me, I could never actually go unconscious. I just constantly had a feeling that I was fainting but never actually loosed consciousness. And black and white cartoons played through my head and I couldnt focus on a singular thought. I reckon if your carotid arteries are in a place on your neck where you can lose consciousness completely it will be peaceful, I feel like my bone structure makes it difficult for the rope to grasp mine properly, lol. Otherwise Id suggest another method.

George81

George81

Jan 8, 2020
Thank you all for your replies. I've tried a lot over the last week with varying degrees of success in feeling dizzy but I think it's definitely working for me higher up on my neck, just under the jawbone. One of my glands was a bit painful afterwards but other than that no marks or side effects from trying. Hope you are all ok x

Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Jul 9, 2020
I'm jealous that it's working for you :pfff: not managed to get that dizzy feeling yet. Don't have anywhere to try full suspension so only option is partial

George81

George81

Jan 8, 2020
I know what you mean, I feel jealous of other people who seem to do it so easily! I tried again tonight and saw funny coloured patterns and black spots but another attempt I found had no success, it seems very hit and miss. It definitely seems to work for me right under the jaw bone and with the knot to the right and back of my neck. X

Reactions: Meditation guide and Worndown
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Jul 9, 2020
I know what you mean, I feel jealous of other people who seem to do it so easily! I tried again tonight and saw funny coloured patterns and black spots but another attempt I found had no success, it seems very hit and miss. It definitely seems to work for me right under the jaw bone and with the knot to the right and back of my neck. X
What you say seems consistent to what others have been saying in regards to the knot placement. Are you just using your hands to pull the ligature or are you hanging from something?