D

Done182

Student
Jan 30, 2019
These are the trees I have available if I decide to go with hanging, what do you think would they hold my weight? 10717 10718

R

Ready2goGermany

Jun 27, 2018
Do you plan to do full or partial hanging? The first one should be good for partial. Can't really tell about the second one because all the leaves

D

Done182

Student
Jan 30, 2019
Full suspension, thanks for replying.

Marz

Marz

À PEU PRÈS
Aug 3, 2018
test how it holds weight. you could tie something heavy to it to see.

Reactions: RodgerThat
tomz323

tomz323

Walking to the bus stop
Mar 29, 2019
Honestly these look a little sketchy for hanging. Have you looked at any local forests, that''s my plan.

• Wow
Reactions: brokenbone and Honigwaffel
RodgerThat

RodgerThat

It's over and out.
Apr 23, 2019
You also need to think about the logistics as to how you're going to climb up the second one to tie the knot and stuff. If you have health issues like back problems, then it's not exactly ideal.

D

Done182

Student
Jan 30, 2019
Yeah I've looked at local forests it's just getting to them that's the problem, no back problems but good point, I need to make sure it is high enough to get my feet off the ground
test how it holds weight. you could tie something heavy to it to see.
What would suggest as a weight?

Last edited:
Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
I'd remove those wind chimes from the first tree. You don't want to attract attention :smiling:

Seriously though, I also think the first one isn't strong enough. Can't tell about the second.

For testing, I would use your own weight. Throw a rope over the branch, put your full weight on it (climb up a bit so you're fully suspended), and move around vigorously.

Reactions: Soul
D

Done182

Student
Jan 30, 2019
Yeah good point about moving the wind chimes, I have a skipping rope and used it to pull myself up the tree, the branch and the rope both held.
Do you think it's safe to proceed?

Last edited:
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Have you read up on the method? you know the right knots to use, where to position them, etc.? The tree won't give you a foothold when your survival instinct gets anxious? No one will be around for a few hours?

Journey well