dontwannadie

dontwannadie

Jan 6, 2020
i've been thinking about going into treatment for my depression because it's affecting my whole life, i'm losing a lot of weight and i always have intrusive thoughts etc. anyways, what are yalls treatment experience? how did it go? did u like it? did it make things worse? how did it affect ur relationships with people? and was it voluntary or involuntary? plz help.

• Love
Reactions: LastLoveLetter
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Didn't do anything as predicted, wish I gave enough of a fuck to refuse chems at least.

0/10

• Hugs
Reactions: Mentalmick
Trisolaris

Trisolaris

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
It works differently for everyone and unfortunately it's not an exact science.

Reactions: Brink and GenesAndEnvironment
dontwannadie

dontwannadie

Jan 6, 2020
It works differently for everyone and unfortunately it's not an exact science.
yea i know, a few of my friends been to treatment and they've had different experiences but i jus wanna know what to prepare for. i've never been and if it's anything like i've seen in movies i'm kinda nervous lol
Didn't do anything as predicted, wish I gave enough of a fuck to refuse chems at least.

0/10
how long were you in treatment ? i'm thinking about going for a week or two.

Trisolaris

Trisolaris

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
Are you talking about being hospitalised? I don't understand how it can only be a week or two long.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
not too bad i guess. the first therapist didnt listen to me but i like this second one a lot better. im on my 4th med (3 antipsychotics and 1 antianxiety) the antianxietys doing something but i still have a ways to go considering im fairly confident meds is going to be the thing to help me however im sensitive to them.

its different for everyone though. 2 things to keep in mind if you want to even have a chance at it being successful is 50/50 and honesty. you have to listen and contribute (your 50) and they have to listen to you as well (their 50). if they dont give their 50 then get a new one, if you dont give your 50 then i dont see a sense in bothering. the second thing is honesty. if you arent honest they cant help you. if you go in and tell the doctor that its just a paper cut when really you should get stitches, youre probably going to get an infection and lose your arm because you werent honest and they couldnt help you, well its the same idea with mental health. however remember 50/50, if they arent giving their 50 then it would make sense for you to have no trust in them, if you dont trust them, get a new one. find someone you can be honest with. as long as youre truly looking for help a good professional will follow the 50/50 rule. my psychiatrist knows i have physically hurt others and myself but nothing happened because he also knows im trying.

i hope that helps

dontwannadie

dontwannadie

Jan 6, 2020
Are you talking about being hospitalised? I don't understand how it can only be a week or two long.
yea and idk?? my friend went in voluntarily and she came out in a week

Trisolaris

Trisolaris

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
yea and idk?? my friend went in voluntarily and she came out in a week
I wouldn't start treatment right off with hospitalisation. I would consider it only if outpatient therapy didn't work.

Reactions: LittleBabyNothing
dontwannadie

dontwannadie

Jan 6, 2020
not too bad i guess. the first therapist didnt listen to me but i like this second one a lot better. im on my 4th med (3 antipsychotics and 1 antianxiety) the antianxietys doing something but i still have a ways to go considering im fairly confident meds is going to be the thing to help me however im sensitive to them.

its different for everyone though. 2 things to keep in mind if you want to even have a chance at it being successful is 50/50 and honesty. you have to listen and contribute (your 50) and they have to listen to you as well (their 50). if they dont give their 50 then get a new one, if you dont give your 50 then i dont see a sense in bothering. the second thing is honesty. if you arent honest they cant help you. if you go in and tell the doctor that its just a paper cut when really you should get stitches, youre probably going to get an infection and lose your arm because you werent honest and they couldnt help you, well its the same idea with mental health. however remember 50/50, if they arent giving their 50 then it would make sense for you to have no trust in them, if you dont trust them, get a new one. find someone you can be honest with. as long as youre truly looking for help a good professional will follow the 50/50 rule. my psychiatrist knows i have physically hurt others and myself but nothing happened because he also knows im trying.

i hope that helps
i have a lot of things to think abt and consider before i make a solid decision and this helped a lot so thank u. also thanks for explaining the 50/50 rule and using the paper cut analogy <3
I wouldn't start treatment right off with hospitalisation. I would consider it only if outpatient therapy didn't work.
honestly there's so many diff types of treatment and idk which one is right for me. therapy doesn't help, i hate taking antidepressants and being hospitalized for a while is the only thing i can think of at the moment. what is outpatient therapy?

• Love
Reactions: Life_and_Death
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i have a lot of things to think abt and consider before i make a solid decision and this helped a lot so thank u. also thanks for explaining the 50/50 rule and using the paper cut analogy <3
glad i could help, my pm is open if you ever need anything
therapy doesn't help
btw ive been treating myself long before i started with professionals and still continue to.

Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
When I was in hospital talking to a psychologist helped, but that was stopped when I was ejected. Talking to my cpn and support workers helps a bit.

Avyn

Avyn

Experienced
Jan 27, 2021

0/10
mind explaining to me why some meds make it worse for people in therapy? heard a lot of stories how bad antidepressants, sleeping pills etc can be

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
how long were you in treatment ? i'm thinking about going for a week or two.
Took pills for somewhere between half a year and two years. Did various talk therapies for two or three months at a time before finally being able to talk my parents out of wasting money.
mind explaining to me why some meds make it worse for people in therapy? heard a lot of stories how bad antidepressants, sleeping pills etc can be
I didn't become worse when it came to depressive symptoms but I became unstable. I lost the small amount of empathy that I do have and I became extremely impulsive, aggressive and irresponsible. During this time was my half-hearted meme ctb "attempt". The drugs didn't stop fucking my brain up until very, very recently. I'm also suspecting that some effects will linger in small amounts for several years to come, idk.

You can't take someone callous, ready to die, nihilistic and in a completely hopeless situation and give them a bunch of "go get it" signals. It's very dangerous.

Reactions: Avyn and Mentalmick
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I would really recommend therapy before ctb. My medication helped me a lot. Still not enough but it helped.

orlandom

orlandom

Mage
Mar 4, 2021
i've been thinking about going into treatment for my depression because it's affecting my whole life, i'm losing a lot of weight and i always have intrusive thoughts etc. anyways, what are yalls treatment experience? how did it go? did u like it? did it make things worse? how did it affect ur relationships with people? and was it voluntary or involuntary? plz help.
I lost 14 kg in 10 days in the early days of depression. Do you understand?
I lost 14 kg in 10 days in the early days of depression. Do you understand?

1 day is minus 1.4 kg, its crazy. I was 102kg, now i 88kg with 188 sm

Last edited: