• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

We will never comply with any of OFCOM's demands or any other nations censorious demands for that matter. We will only follow the laws of the land of which our server is located, which is the US.

Any demands for censorship or requests to comply with the law outside of the US will be promptly ignored.

No foreign laws or pressure will make us comply with anti-censorship laws and we will protect the speech of our members, regardless of where they might live in the world. If that means being blocked in the UK, so be it. We would advise that any UK member gets a VPN to browse the site, or use TOR.

However, today, we stand up these these governments that want to bully or censor this website.

Fuck OFCOM, and fuck any media organization or group that think it's cool or fun to stalk or bully people that suffering in this world.

Edit: We also wanted to address the veiled threats made against a staff member in the UK by the BBC in the news today. We are undeterred by any threats, intimination, by the BBC or by any other groups dedicated to doxxing and harassing our staff and members. Journalists from the BBC, CTV, Kansas Star, Daily Mail and many other outlets have continuiously ignored the fact that many of the people that they're interviewing (such as @leelfc84 on Twitter/X) and propping up are the same people posting addresses of staff members and our founders on social media. We show them proof of this and they ignore it and don't address it.They're all just as evil as each other, and should be treated accordingly. They do not care about the safety of our staff members, founders, or administrators, or even members, so why would they care about you?

Now that we have your attention, journalists, will you ever address this? You've given these evil people interviews, and free press.

TheEndofAllThings

TheEndofAllThings

Jul 19, 2024
Hello, recently my therapist recommended I go to a treatment center for depression and anxiety and I was wondering if anyone had any experience or success with one of these facilities? I've been to a psych ward multiple times which is quite traumatizing for me but I understand a treatment center is different. I am, however, anxious about having to be there for a month or more and not having access to daily comforts like my phone, TV, etc and not having the freedom to leave.

What are these places like? Are they comfortable? What do you do while there? What are you allowed to have and not allowed to have?

Reactions: GuessWhosBack
like-spoiledmilk

like-spoiledmilk

Jul 10, 2023
Hi!

Ultimately, this would depend entirely on the treatment center. Some programs allow you to keep your phone, keep all of your clothes, and go home at the end of each night. Others prioritize a technology-free environment and want their treatment to be a getaway from society where you don't keep your belongings.

Since you're not being involuntarily committed, you have the freedom of choice. I recommend comparing some websites, then Google reviews, and then calling to confirm with a staff member what the rules are before making a final choice. Some treatment centers double as drug rehab, and I personally wouldn't recommend that unless you also struggle with addiction (like, why waste time paying for scheduled AA if you don't struggle with alcohol addiction?). Sometimes it's all you can find in smaller cities, and it wouldn't hurt anything either.

As messy as this may sound, I've noticed the quality anything MH-related is often related to the income of the surrounding area (in the US, at least). That may help you find higher quality facilities along your search.

Regardless, best of luck to you! If you have any other questions, I'll do my best to help.

Last edited:
Reactions: GuessWhosBack and TheEndofAllThings
TheEndofAllThings

TheEndofAllThings

Jul 19, 2024
Hi!

Ultimately, this would depend entirely on the treatment center. Some programs allow you to keep your phone, keep all of your clothes, and go home at the end of each night. Others prioritize a technology-free environment and want their treatment to be a getaway from society where you don't keep your belongings.

Since you're not being involuntarily committed, you have the freedom of choice. I recommend comparing some websites, then Google reviews, and then calling to confirm with a staff member what the rules are before making a final choice. Some treatment centers double as drug rehab, and I personally wouldn't recommend that unless you also struggle with addiction (like, why waste time paying for scheduled AA if you don't struggle with alcohol addiction?). Sometimes it's all you can find in smaller cities, and it wouldn't hurt anything either.

As messy as this may sound, I've noticed the quality anything MH-related is often related to the income of the surrounding area (in the US, at least). That may help you find higher quality facilities along your search.

Regardless, best of luck to you! If you have any other questions, I'll do my best to help.
Thanks for the information! Apparently my insurance won't cover residential treatment :( They said it would help with a PHP program though, do you know anything about that? It's still kind of expensive though, like $5,000 so I don't know if it would be worth it. I can't afford that myself so my parents would probably have to help and I don't want to burden them.

like-spoiledmilk

like-spoiledmilk

Jul 10, 2023
Thanks for the information! Apparently my insurance won't cover residential treatment :( They said it would help with a PHP program though, do you know anything about that? It's still kind of expensive though, like $5,000 so I don't know if it would be worth it. I can't afford that myself so my parents would probably have to help and I don't want to burden them.
Are you in the U.S? If you are, maybe the treatment could fulfill your deductible for the year (and if your deductible is lower, say 3k, then you'll only pay the 3k out of pocket). Regardless, I'm sorry treatment programs are so expensive. Mental health care in any country tends to be abysmal.

Partial-Hospitalization Programs are usually more relaxed than residential, in my experience. You go home at the end of the night and wear your own clothes, some have weekends off - so it ends up being more like a job you do for 8 hours a day. I haven't heard of one confiscating your phone.

In terms of activities, there are therapy sessions as a group/individual, some medication management (usually you meet with a psychiatrist once a week). There usually aren't that many patients, maybe 12 at the most depending on how large of a city you're in. Since it's all voluntary, people you're with are more involved. I know restraints can be traumatizing to witness, let alone experience, and you won't see any of that.

Have you mentioned how expensive it is with your therapist? I think if you mention the financial burden, they may be able to more objectively weigh the pros and cons with you.