O

OutOfTheVoid

she/her
Feb 10, 2023
title. happened on a different site to be clear, not here

not gonna give too many details, but gist of it is a bunch of transphobic christians harassed me and told me to kill myself for being trans, on trans day of visibility no less

i usually dont let that kind of shit get to me, but this time felt different bc i do plan to ctb at some point. now im tempted to live out of spite...but not really, im still going to ctb when the time comes. but all the death threats have spoiled that decision for me, like killing myself would just give the genocidal transphobes the satisfaction of my death, like i'd be letting them win and i'd just be another victim in the trans genocide. i just dont want anyone to dictate whether i live or die. i hate being told to live and i hate being told to die

i also do feel awful after dealing with all that abusive shit. i wish i were strong enough to just brush it off like its nothing and move on like nothing happened. but i feel broken, and i dont feel safe anymore. used to be that social media felt like a safe haven for me, now ive lost that. i took it for granted, i guess that was a mistake

ive been self-harming a lot since that happened too. i hate that its the only way ive been able to get out of my misery. almost feels like letting the transphobes win. like fucking congrats, got me to cut myself more. whatever. not like i wouldnt have sh'd anyway. and way i see it, harming myself is my way of taking back control over my own life and body. other people can try to harm me, and i cant do much about that, but i can harm myself.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: charlotte_, redbathingduck, Sluggish_Slump and 17 others
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
I'm truly sorry that happened to you, people can be so Fckn mean and rude these days it makes me want to puke my Fckn guts out.

I wish you Nothing but the best, take care of yourself if possible.

• Love
Reactions: OutOfTheVoid, Dead Meat and Talvikki
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Social media could never be a "safe haven", I believe that it's something to be avoided. There is simply no escape from the cruelty of humans in this hellish world, so I just think that it's best not to interact at all.

Reactions: absolomonisgone
greyblue_bian

greyblue_bian

2x Failed CTB Member
Jun 10, 2022
fuck them....I hope they either change for the better or die for the worse, in the most respectful way to you. Are you still using the website this happened on? I'm not sure you should, to avoid any more unnecessary harassment if you need someone to talk to, pm me. self-harm will only make you feel in control for so long. this platform is here for you, regardless of your decision.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: OutOfTheVoid and Huntfish34
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
These are miserable people trying to tear you down. They want to make it look like they're a majority but they're not. I know this kind of harassement sucks, as a trans woman I've been on the receiving end of such rhetoric for a long time but I hope you'll feel better soon. As you can see, the people in this community sympathise with our pain and I hope the support and compassion from this community will help you get through this. Take care of yourself.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: swaraj, redbathingduck, OutOfTheVoid and 6 others
redisblue

redisblue

"cut me clean, till i can't think anymore."
Feb 12, 2023
I'm so sorry, you don't deserve to be treated like that. No trans person should have to put up with that. I'm also transgender, and I get you on how you want to live on out of spite due to the transphobes. They're all nasty people who's logic makes no sense at all. I hate transphobes. It's okay to be hurt by this, let yourself feel emotion rather than bottling it. Once again, I'm so sorry. Hopefully we get to a day very soon where transphobes won't control us, they won't get a say in our lives and they won't hurt innocent people who are just trying to live their true selves. I'm here if you wanna talk about anything. Sending lots of hugs and love <3

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: redbathingduck, greyblue_bian, OutOfTheVoid and 2 others
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
title. happened on a different site to be clear, not here

not gonna give too many details, but gist of it is a bunch of transphobic christians harassed me and told me to kill myself for being trans, on trans day of visibility no less

i usually dont let that kind of shit get to me, but this time felt different bc i do plan to ctb at some point. now im tempted to live out of spite...but not really, im still going to ctb when the time comes. but all the death threats have spoiled that decision for me, like killing myself would just give the genocidal transphobes the satisfaction of my death, like i'd be letting them win and i'd just be another victim in the trans genocide. i just dont want anyone to dictate whether i live or die. i hate being told to live and i hate being told to die

i also do feel awful after dealing with all that abusive shit. i wish i were strong enough to just brush it off like its nothing and move on like nothing happened. but i feel broken, and i dont feel safe anymore. used to be that social media felt like a safe haven for me, now ive lost that. i took it for granted, i guess that was a mistake

ive been self-harming a lot since that happened too. i hate that its the only way ive been able to get out of my misery. almost feels like letting the transphobes win. like fucking congrats, got me to cut myself more. whatever. not like i wouldnt have sh'd anyway. and way i see it, harming myself is my way of taking back control over my own life and body. other people can try to harm me, and i cant do much about that, but i can harm myself.
Some people are nothing but ignorant assholes - no wait an asshole has a purpose!!!!

Reactions: OutOfTheVoid
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
There's just no end to the hypocritical, supposedly "loving Christians" in this world. What a world.

Reactions: redbathingduck, 0000000000000 and OutOfTheVoid
scorpion

scorpion

Mar 29, 2023
Im gonna admit to this; I used to be transphobic. When I was with my ex, we would argue all the time about the LGBTQ community and how we had opposing views. One thing that I have come to learn after we split, is that I've just been such a hateful person for no reason. I've come to accept everyone for who they are. I'm not religious, so I had no excuse to keep up that behaviour. While I'm not an ally or anything of that sort, I also do not have any problem whatsoever with those who are trans or identify outside of the heterosexual "norm" that society has created. Keep your head up and ignore these bullies. They could have kept their thoughts to themselves. Whatever decisions you make are because you felt like it was the right choice, it's not because of any outside influence, even if you do think of it that way. Its really sad to see that people are doing this to you, and I wish you the best.

Reactions: greyblue_bian and kansatsu