• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

SoulWhisperer

SoulWhisperer

Careless Soul « MtF »
Nov 13, 2023
Ik it's not the best place but I don't really have much elsewhere to go from my knowledge and people here are serious at least. This is off-topic so I figured it'd at least distract myself for a while (Idk if I'll keep it). As a trans person myself I've stumbled across this dilemma, what's your personal input on the matter?

In your opinion, does one get to decide their identity and who they are? Do transgender people feel like the belong to another gender or is it a thing that is deep inside of them not affected or dependant by their mindset and ideals? Is it such as: "I am XYZ, just in the wrong body"?

To put it more bluntly and simple: Is being trans something you decide to determine as life progresses or is it something that either you are or you are not, in a more physical way (Like: You're either tall or short. You're either cis or trans)?

Should there be an answer or can the both co-exist? What's your thoughts?

• Hugs
Reactions: fleetingnight, LoiteringClouds and EternalShore
SpiderMolt

SpiderMolt

Jun 10, 2024
I'm really bad at wording things, so sorry if this comes out wrong. Personally, as a trans person, I feel like you don't get to decide if you're trans or not, but it's not just trans and cis. You can feel more like one gender and still have connections/similarities with another. You're able to decide how you present and express yourself. I see it as a scale with one side being "masculine" and the other being "feminine" (instead of it being man and woman) and everyone falls somewhere on it. You might not always stay the same place on that scale because feelings tend to fluctuate, and you don't always get to choose where you are on the scale, but you get to choose how you act on those feelings. (ex. how you dress, how you identify, what you do with your body, etc.) I hope this helped, or at least made sense.

Reactions: SoulWhisperer
S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
It just feels wrong being the sex I was born with, it's not really something I decided. Personally it's also a preference thing, like sexual orientation or what color I like, it's not really something I decide.

luks

luks

Jul 25, 2023
Ik it's not the best place but I don't really have much elsewhere to go from my knowledge and people here are serious at least. This is off-topic so I figured it'd at least distract myself for a while (Idk if I'll keep it). As a trans person myself I've stumbled across this dilemma, what's your personal input on the matter?

In your opinion, does one get to decide their identity and who they are? Do transgender people feel like the belong to another gender or is it a thing that is deep inside of them not affected or dependant by their mindset and ideals? Is it such as: "I am XYZ, just in the wrong body"?

To put it more bluntly and simple: Is being trans something you decide to determine as life progresses or is it something that either you are or you are not, in a more physical way (Like: You're either tall or short. You're either cis or trans)?

Should there be an answer or can the both co-exist? What's your thoughts?
both can co-exist. i wake up as a girl everyday whether i want to be or not. i don't know if that's something ive accepted within myself, or i've just been doing it so long it doesn't matter. i guess the only time something like that comes into question is how other people perceive me. i have to stay true to myself even if it hurts me. i dont necessarily feel like i was born in the wrong body, i feel no connection to my body at all. i'm stuck in this physical form and i hate it, regardless of chromosomes or whatever.

i think the internal struggle youre talking about is a losing battle. something that you really shouldnt worry thinking about. being trans is just moving forth with the body you've been given, something cis people have to accept as well. i dont know what im saying. hope this makes sense

SoulWhisperer

SoulWhisperer

Careless Soul « MtF »
Nov 13, 2023
both can co-exist. i wake up as a girl everyday whether i want to be or not. i don't know if that's something ive accepted within myself, or i've just been doing it so long it doesn't matter. i guess the only time something like that comes into question is how other people perceive me. i have to stay true to myself even if it hurts me. i dont necessarily feel like i was born in the wrong body, i feel no connection to my body at all. i'm stuck in this physical form and i hate it, regardless of chromosomes or whatever.

i think the internal struggle youre talking about is a losing battle. something that you really shouldnt worry thinking about. being trans is just moving forth with the body you've been given, something cis people have to accept as well. i dont know what im saying. hope this makes sense
I don't know if I got it right but I think I get you when you say it only pops up when you think about how others perceive you, that you don't necessarily care about it as it's just a physical body and etc.

I think so too, technically it's just a body like any other, the issue is only when it's compared to other people, society and etc.

lamargue

lamargue

pugilist
Jun 5, 2024
remember reading these studies [1, 2] a while ago which tl;dr asserted that brains can be differentiated broadly by gender using continuous classifiers; transgender individuals (such as mtf [gynephilic]) were estimated to share more structural similarities with their perceived gender, in this case with female brains rather than male ones. cases of CAH are interesting as well, which are included in the second study. edit: conducted pre-HRT in mtf
there are problems with both, but only because the field is in a nascent stage of development. in any case, it is a question of interal representation, which belongs to the realms of philosophy. i suspect that constructing an adequate theory of gender-identification in the brain will probably in due course aid in producing a unifying theory of consciousness.

Last edited:
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
that is a rather interesting dilemma, yes~ My beliefs on being trans are religious in nature, so if you don't believe the same way, it's rather hard to be convinced, but take this as you will~ :)
Since humans have original sin and aren't born perfectly (some may be born with horrible things), it's not hard to say that Satan can corrupt us including our gender in the womb~ So effectively, one is either trans or not dependent on whether Satan corrupted them in the womb or not~ :)

• Hugs
  • Hmph!
  • Aww..
Reactions: pilotviolin, LoiteringClouds, InversedShadow and 1 other person
luks

luks

Jul 25, 2023
that is a rather interesting dilemma, yes~ My beliefs on being trans are religious in nature, so if you don't believe the same way, it's rather hard to be convinced, but take this as you will~ :)
Since humans have original sin and aren't born perfectly (some may be born with horrible things), it's not hard to say that Satan can corrupt us including our gender in the womb~ So effectively, one is either trans or not dependent on whether Satan corrupted them in the womb or not~ :)
alright dude we dont need your backwards ass religious views on how you think trans people are demon spawn. kindly fuck off

• Yay!
Reactions: LunarLight and locked*n*loaded
_Broken_alice

_Broken_alice

She/Her
Nov 19, 2023
As a trans gxrl, we think it is very much a condition one is born with. The rest is discovery, and deciding to act upon it if possible.
We are around 30 now, but have known since we were like 5 that we were a girl but never had the vocabulary or opportunity to discuss it with anyone until like 2 years ago.
Choosing to transition is choosing to align the outer with the inner self/selves. We tried for so long to suppress things and try to live wrongly, but in the end, we could not anymore.
It was either transition and see where that takes us, or CTB. There was no third option. We had already made one attempt in the midst of wrong puberty after a mistake in an attempt to be anything but trans...
Parts of us still wish we were born cis as either gender (pref a girl), but we weren't. Doesn't make us any less of a gxrl, just more struggles to deal with. And slowly, we are very much starting to hate most of our body much less. We love everything about how things have changed. Mental state, physical changes, and social ones. Even random daily interactions we used to absolutely dread, have become much more pleasant because we finally get interacted with as us, not that lie from before...

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, luks, SoulWhisperer and 1 other person
Dot

Dot

Globl mod | Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021

Religs vws lke ths wll nt b helpfl fr trns ppl on th/ ste

alright dude we dont need your backwards ass religious views on how you think trans people are demon spawn. kindly fuck off

Pls kp thngs civl

• Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, locked*n*loaded and _Broken_alice
SoulWhisperer

SoulWhisperer

Careless Soul « MtF »
Nov 13, 2023
I
Unrelated but;I must admit I've never seen someone mixing up religion and trans as topics, those 2 groups usually conflict with each other at times. Interesting to hear nonetheless.

I put the HOT in psychotic
Jul 9, 2024
Defo something you're born with. I think if it were something someone could choose, there would be waaaaay less trans and gay people. Who really wants to be harassed or discriminated or attacked?

Reactions: fleetingnight and SoulWhisperer
LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
I'm trans and I think both answers co-exist. As a poem I just wrote this evening says (weird coincidence): i decided to be a woman / it was all written beforehand.
I first felt like wearing a dress when I was 6 or something, and always felt a strong connection to femininity. In contrast, I was very ill at ease with masculinity. But transitioning is definitely something I decided, a choice I made so that I could be myself.

• Love
Reactions: fleetingnight
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
Sorry that I phrased my post poorly~ In fact, I am trans myself as much as I suffer from it~ I am sorry that you've suffered from religious bigotry in your life to automatically assume I'd be chastising you like it~ :(

Religs vws lke ths wll nt b helpfl fr trns ppl on th/ ste
sorry, Dot~ 'twas just answering OP's question in the way I believed was right~ I am a religious trans girl, and understanding that being born the wrong gender is a result of Satan's curse and transitioning won't impact my relationship with God (altho being trans will with everyone else >_<) has been very helpful to me~ :)

Unrelated but;I must admit I've never seen someone mixing up religion and trans as topics, those 2 groups usually conflict with each other at times. Interesting to hear nonetheless.
glad you enjoyed it~ :) a lot of people seem to have misunderstood what I said, but you got it, and I'm glad! ^_^ because I was speaking to you after all! hehe~
I find it frustrating how a lot of Christians will force their own beliefs on the Bible which doesn't naturally indicate anything transphobic at all~ >_<

• Hugs
Reactions: fleetingnight, SoulWhisperer, LoiteringClouds and 1 other person
SoulWhisperer

SoulWhisperer

Careless Soul « MtF »
Nov 13, 2023
Defo something you're born with. I think if it were something someone could choose, there would be waaaaay less trans and gay people. Who really wants to be harassed or discriminated or attacked?
Yeah I get this, makes sense if you look it from there.

bb3300

bb3300

Jul 13, 2024
You can choose what to do but it's probably a hellish life repressing all your desires forever lol

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: SoulWhisperer, fleetingnight and Rocinante