Idoe.know

Idoe.know

Aug 11, 2022
I have been thinking a lot lately and I think most of my problems stem from simply being human. I am wondering if there is a way out outside of CTB. Can one transcend from humanity? I am not looking to become a different animal species, nor a God, nor some specific other worldly alien form. I am wondering if there is a way to become something else entirely. Has anyone else thought about this or could possibly point me to materiel in line with this thinking? I am hoping if there is no answer already out there for this, I can try to figure it out but I am unsure what even to search for.

• Yay!
Reactions: GasMonkey
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I have been thinking a lot lately and I think most of my problems stem from simply being human. I am wondering if there is a way out outside of CTB. Can one transcend from humanity? I am not looking to become a different animal species, nor a God, nor some specific other worldly alien form. I am wondering if there is a way to become something else entirely. Has anyone else thought about this or could possibly point me to materiel in line with this thinking? I am hoping if there is no answer already out there for this, I can try to figure it out but I am unsure what even to search for.

The closest thing that I could think of is human augmentation with cybernetic implants, which may inject you with feel-good stimulants. No such thing exists yet, though, but that may be possible in the future.

Reactions: Idoe.know
again_noidea

again_noidea

Experienced
Apr 22, 2021
you must become a saint. a saint realizes that everything material is transitory, because everything that has a beginning in time must necessarily have an end in time. this including the body, emotions, possessions etc - the saint therefore lives to help others and to realize his non-materialistic essence by disobjectifying himself.

Reactions: MountainMonkey and Idoe.know
Idoe.know

Idoe.know

Aug 11, 2022
The closest thing that I could think of is human augmentation with cybernetic implants, which may inject you with feel-good stimulants. No such thing exists yet, though, but that may be possible in the future.
That's very interesting. That certainly would change the human form in such a way one would be defined as cybernetic; which would be a much more ideal way to live in my opinion. However, I wasn't thinking about physical change, but more of a mental change. Though now that you bring that up, maybe a very drastic physical change is needed? But where does human end when it comes to the physical change? People are still people when they severely augment their bodies. Perhaps changing the mental framework of human thought whilst changing the physical form is the only real way to truly transcend to something else.

It would be nice to stay as I am physically but just become other-humanly mentally, emotionally. Live life different because the human rules don't apply. I want this life to be the caterpillar/cocoon part and I want to become the butterfly.
you must become a saint. a saint realizes that everything material is transitory, because everything that has a beginning in time must necessarily have an end in time. this including the body, emotions, possessions etc - the saint therefore lives to help others and to realize his non-materialistic essence by disobjectifying himself.
If I'm not a good person objectively, am I allowed to become a saint?

J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
But where does human end when it comes to the physical change? People are still people when they severely augment their bodies.

I could depend on how each person begins to view themselves after being augmented with such technology, and also what kinds of drugs could be used to change their mental state. For example, there could be some strange drug that severely impacts one's mind and makes one happy all the time - almost in a dystopian way. If that would be possible, would the person still care about being a human..?