lillmonix3

lillmonix3

Death as an end in itself
Aug 14, 2023
I consider the train as one of the methods. I have several questions.

1.Should I lay my head on the rails or jump in front of the train?
2.Is it better to do it far from the platform where the speed of the train will be high, or on the platform where it is most convenient to jump?

• Love
Reactions: LonelyStarrySky
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Out of consideration for the engineer that will helplessly watch you dissapear under his train, please reconsider. There are options that do not involve others patricipating in your death.

Reactions: avoid, Lammpz, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
ipmanwc0

ipmanwc0

I'll wait for you ❤️
Sep 15, 2023
I consider the train as one of the methods. I have several questions.

1.Should I lay my head on the rails or jump in front of the train?
2.Is it better to do it far from the platform where the speed of the train will be high, or on the platform where it is most convenient to jump?
As a last resort
1. Jump probably. Will give them no time to stop
2. The first is better but shouldn't really matter for most trains

90starve

90starve

i don’t know who i am
May 8, 2023
i don't possess the knowledge to answer your questions, but i admire your courage to chose this method

Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
1. If you jump, there is the possibility of botching it and getting thrown onto the ground nearby, becoming badly mangled but not killed. If your goal is to be driven over by the train the best option would be to wear dark clothing and lay on the tracks away from the platform during the very early morning (around 2-3am). The conductor may not see you at all if the area is poorly lit, but if they do see you, they will not be able to stop or decelerate in time to prevent your death. Additionally, your odds of being found by passerby will be much lower. You also need to prevent yourself from getting hit by slow moving cargo trains, and may need to find a rural area, since passenger trains making frequent stops often don't reach full speed between the stops.

2. Doing anything near the platform will involve the train moving at significantly slower speeds. It also bears the risk of passerby finding and stopping you. A completed attempt could leave you badly mangled but still alive, trapped in your own body.

Reactions: SenseOfLoss and brokeandbroken
B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
Out of consideration for the engineer that will helplessly watch you dissapear under his train, please reconsider. There are options that do not involve others patricipating in your death.
Let's be honest that train engineer wouldn't lift a finger to help any of us. Why go out of your way to worry about that part? I can't say I think of death by train as a reliable method though. I think the maiming to mortality rate is too in favor of maiming.

F

forever_sad

Oct 3, 2023
Whether or not the train conductor would lift a finger to help any of us is irrelevant. It is not right to force anyone to unwillingly participate in anyone CTB. It has lead to train conductors themselves to CTB. Please consider another method that will not force anyone else to suffer for the rest of their lives.

An argument could be made that no matter what method you use there will always be the emergency services that have to deal with the aftermath of you CTB. This is true but the difference is they didn't unwilling take part in the person CTB. They also chose to be emergency service workers knowing they would be dealing with the aftermath of people CTB or people actively attempting to CTB . They are trained and have all the support available to them to help them deal with any impact to their mental health from them performing their duties. Train conductors do have support in place with the companies they work for offering access to private mental health services paid for by them but still they didn't choose their job to unwilling participate in anyone CTB.

Sorry if these seems like a rant and doesn't make any sense but I really do believe there are better methods out there that are more reliable and do not involve forcing someone to be a part of someone CTB. We all want people to accept and respect a person's decision to CTB so we should also not force anyone to be a part of something they didn't make a decision to be a part of.

Reactions: figurehead, SenseOfLoss and Worndown
Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
I agree with forever_sad and worndown.

The train conductors are human and do typically try to decelerate, due to both company policy and common decency (which is more possible when the train is already decelerating before a station). Usually, by policy, they won't be able to continue for some brief period of time after they've hit you anyways.

It's been said before but trains have enough mass that they can take multiple miles/kilometers to stop, which is out of the conductor's control. Despite their inability to save you from harm, they will do everything they can to decelerate enough to not kill you, and will live with conscious or subconscious guilt for the rest of their lives.

Additionally suicide by train has the potential to be significantly more excruciating than suicide by firearm, SN, or Nitrogen. You may want to reconsider if possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: figurehead and SenseOfLoss