drag201

drag201

Oct 15, 2023
What the title says. I recently moved to a more rural area and there are train tracks near my house where trains pass by a few times per day. I thought about hanging before but I'm scared it can be slower or more excruciating or i get it wrong and fail. I don't know if there's much room for failure in laying my neck down on the tracks and its quick and relatively "painless" as it would only last a second. I also would probably take something as to not get extremely anxious or scared and so survival instincts don't kick in as much while im at it. I'm still planning a lot of things ahead for when the day comes but I would appreciate if anyone could give me their thoughts on this. Thank you

• Love
Reactions: need2beskinny_ and Loona KLD
sugarh1gh

sugarh1gh

Death is new departure and beggining of a journey.
May 27, 2024
If you just lay on the track, there is high probability getting caught. People usually jump so others or the driver doesn't know and stop you or the train.

Reactions: Edpal247
Timothy7dff

Timothy7dff

Wizard
Apr 10, 2024
I know someone who successfully did this. I don't know anything about the chances of death with that method. Gotta really suck to survive that one though. I'd do some research on it if you really want to do it.

Edpal247

Edpal247

Experienced
Jul 9, 2024
If you just lay on the track, there is high probability getting caught. People usually jump so others or the driver doesn't know and stop you or the train.
However - a train going say 30 mph takes like 1/2 a mile to stop. Little late by then. just sayin . .

M

mrtime87

Experienced
Jul 9, 2024
I walked up to a moving train to pick t my head under. Couldn't get near the train because of SI.

When you're up close it's the sound and the speed that will frighten you.

I'd recommend drugs before hand and hopefully just doing it on impulse.

• Informative
Reactions: need2beskinny_ and _AllCatsAreGrey_
Cress

Cress

Arcanist
Oct 15, 2023
I've been out to the tracks many times myself and considered doing what you Described to try to Severe the spinal cord. However I was scared any last minute movement would Result in some sort of disfigurement as I'm exposing a very small portion of my body. I was also scared of the horror stories of people exposing their full bodies and getting numerous amputations and surviving for 20 minutes.

As others have said the air pressure change when you're standing close to a train is fairly intimidating. My cousin jumped in front of a train awhile back I was able to overcome it I guess. I can only imagine how terrible he must have felt to have pushed through that.

Reactions: need2beskinny_
kinderbueno

kinderbueno

Waiting at the bus stop
Jun 22, 2024
If you survive you'll end up brain damaged or have to get a limb amputated

ForeverLonely82

ForeverLonely82

Student
Dec 22, 2021
my best friend back in 99 did this. The death was quick (I assume) it cut his head clean off. I saw it and tried stopping him but it was too late. Life dealt him a bad hand. mom verbally abused him, girl cheated on him, lost his job and car broke down all in the same day. he just took a bunch of drugs and drank. I was hoping he'd sleep it off, but when I went out side I saw him and the train I said "DUDE,DON"T" and that was it. I just hope he found peace when he went. I couldn't stop crying for days.

• Aww..
Reactions: Raven2, imsolost and need2beskinny_
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I think this is a difficult way to try and ctb and it would take a great deal of resolve to see it through. People who do this don't try and do it when the train is already moving. They do it when the train is stationary. They lay their neck on the tracks, in front of a wheel, and wait for the train to start moving. If the train is in a rural setting away from people, that's probaby for the better. I'd imagine doing this at night would be of benefit, also, since there'd be cover of darkness, too. I don't think I could ever go through with this method. I think my heart would be beating a mile-a-minute while waiting on the train to start moving, drugs or not.

FlufflesAway

FlufflesAway

Jul 31, 2024
This is my chosen method. I need something "fast", but more importantly involuntary--once you're in position there's nothing else you need to do. Just wait. It will just happen.

My thoughts: do it at night, on a piece of the track that's not busy (with people). Also, the train will probably be going faster on straights with no upcoming bends. Something to think about. At different times different trains run. Try and use a cargo train rather than a passenger train.

If I were to do it I'd run on the track before the train passes and just stand up straight, head out towards the incoming train. Blunt force trauma to the head should be enough, right?

I don't know. More research needs to be done.